PDA

View Full Version : Mosquito Repellent / Wart Cream !

Leon
05-27-2008, 03:24 PM
I found this out quite by accident, having mentioned it in passing in another thread i decided to look up some dandelion and burdock recipes, which led me on to a to an interesting discovery.

The white milky liquid in the stem can be used to keep mosquitos away as well as being placed on warts as a cream!

I thought that was quite useful, its easily found, has two uses and requires no preperations.

Rick
05-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Dandelion or Burdock?

Leon
05-28-2008, 03:41 AM
oops sorry, i meant Dandelion :) - open up the stem and you will see what i mean, white milky liquid oozes out.

Ole WV Coot
05-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Dandelion wine, tis the season for a choice selection of nectar. No more MD 20/20

snakeman
06-30-2008, 09:39 AM
My friend got sick from eating the dandelion flower. The bug reppellant sound very useful. I will try that.

bulrush
07-01-2008, 11:41 AM
What kind of warts are you referring to? The kind you get on your fingers? I think those are caused by a herpes virus. Or a plantar's wart? Those are most commonly found on your feet, in the plantar region of your foot.

There are other kinds of warts too. Like I have a slow growing one the same color of my skin, but still bumpy. I tried to cut it off, freeze it, but it keeps coming back.

kebmo06
07-07-2008, 02:50 PM
My best results so far are with Duct Tape!!!
soak the wart in very warm(almost hot) water for about ten minutes. Put a dab of "compound w" or "doufilm" then cover with a piece of Duct Tape.
Repeat this every two days for about a week.
How fast it works will depend on how big/old the wart is.
This got rid of my plantars!!!
really ...google warts, duct tape if you don't believe me.:D

crashdive123
07-07-2008, 05:25 PM
I have no reason not to believe you. If you head over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself, then everybody else will believe you.:D

RangerXanatos
07-07-2008, 07:06 PM
I was told by a Medical Microbiology instructor that the reason duct tape works on warts is because it basically suffocates them.

Daniel

Rick
07-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Well, it is skin cells. Covering skin with anything will cause it to shed cells. So it makes sense that it would work.

RangerXanatos
07-07-2008, 08:28 PM
That's how she got rid of a wart, but she had a reaction to the glue. :eek: So becareful if you use it as a treatment!