PDA

View Full Version : Net Making Demonstration

asemery
07-23-2018, 04:27 PM
Once again (for over 40 years) I will be demonstrating net making, giving free lessons and displaying my Pa Dutch fishing nets at the

2018 Goschenhoppen Folk Festival (https://www.goschenhoppen.org/folk-festival.html)

I will be there on Saturday August 11 only. My apprentice of many years will be there on Friday the 10th

chiggersngrits
07-23-2018, 08:56 PM
I hope you have a great event.

tigrate
09-09-2018, 08:37 PM
nobody here's got brains enough to make or use netting. "It's against the law". So what? as long as you just count your take and release them alive, what does it matter? I dont agree that gillnets are the way to go, unless the mesh is very small. They only catch one size of fish (other than by pure luck) and they kill the fish, meaning you have to check them way too often. Much better to have baited net-weirs and a seine, for use in pushing the fish towards your weirs. Then you only have to service the weirs once a day. Indeed, you could let them go considerably longer, if you got sick or hurt, etc. and you'd probably still score pretty well.

Rick
09-10-2018, 05:48 AM
Good heavens. This guy is just a complete moron. He didn't even have brains enough to last around here. It takes a LOT to get banned here but he did it.

madmax
09-10-2018, 06:05 AM
Well, think of what a miserable life you have if that's how you interact with people.

And he picked the most unlikely target with asemery. Someone who only teaches about his skills for our benefit.

randyt
09-10-2018, 07:09 AM
I don't know where on the list of troll behaviors the "I am smart and everyone else is dumb" falls but it a troll giveaway.

highlo
04-22-2019, 10:24 PM
everyone else isn't dumb, but the percentage IS extremely high on "survival" forums. wonder why?

Alan R McDaniel Jr
04-22-2019, 11:10 PM
Tick tick tick....

Alan