PDA

View Full Version : Not exactly primitive survival, but...

Alan R McDaniel Jr
05-19-2018, 10:44 PM
A while back I bought a small biolite stove. It's the one that is about $100 depending on where you buy it.

It was amazing. As long as you have a steady supply of dry twigs you will have a fire. If you build a fire in it once a month it will keep the battery charged and you won't need to have starter or matches or a bic or flint and steel or....

You unfold it, set it up, stuff it full of twigs and turn it on. The battery heats it up and starts the fire and the fan blows air into it. It charges its own battery while burning and will charge your phone, a hot spot, or anything you can connect to USB.

Y'all have probably seen them before but I am amazed every time I fire it up. I think it works by magic.

Alan

Alan R McDaniel Jr
05-19-2018, 10:46 PM
Oh, and it weighs next to nothing, and has a stand to put a can or coffee pot or whatever on top of it.

Alan

Phaedrus
05-20-2018, 01:03 AM
I have one but I haven't used it lately; when I moved it got stuck somewhere and I can't find it! It does work very well, though.

pete lynch
05-20-2018, 05:20 AM
Looks like a good item to have for emergency prep.

Alan R McDaniel Jr
05-20-2018, 08:11 AM
They come in a wide range of sizes. Some of them are pretty big. Grills, pizza ovens, lots of things to spend money on. If they work as good as the camp stove, I'm surprised they haven't caught on to a greater extent.

Alan