PDA

View Full Version : Build a Home for Pennies!

Rick
05-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Well, okay, it's a home for frogs. But it is cheap. I like to have frogs in my garden to help control some of the pests. To encourage them and give them a place of shelter I use small clay flower pots turned on their side. I try to bury them about 1/3 into the soil and make sure a plant shades them from the sun to keep them from getting too hot. I also set out a small saucer of water for them. No, they don't drink water but they do absorb it through their skin. Some even have a special patch on their tummies used to absorb water. The saucer of water allows them to take cool off and to absorb water should they need a "drink". If you go to that much trouble you sure don't want them to croak. :rolleyes:

Ken
05-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Well, okay, it's a home for frogs. But it is cheap. I like to have frogs in my garden to help control some of the pests. To encourage them and give them a place of shelter I use small clay flower pots turned on their side. I try to bury them about 1/3 into the soil and make sure a plant shades them from the sun to keep them from getting too hot. I also set out a small saucer of water for them. No, they don't drink water but they do absorb it through their skin. Some even have a special patch on their tummies used to absorb water. The saucer of water allows them to take cool off and to absorb water should they need a "drink". If you go to that much trouble you sure don't want them to croak. :rolleyes:

Now, just let me find that recipe I have for frog legs. Here it is....:D