PDA

View Full Version : My Ranger Award

Antonyraison
02-05-2018, 01:28 AM
Some of you may know I been doing Survival for 3 years via a school here in Southern Africa
I have trained all the way through the ranks To achieve the Rank of Survival ranger
It has taken me just over 3 years, and just to not it down here here is a list of the things I had done to get to this rank:

Basic survival
Advanced Survival
Bush craft
winter Mountain extreme Survival
Alone in the Wild Challenge --Only with a knife a firesteel and water bottle
Ocean Extreme Survival
2 Night solo ---- Only with a knife a firesteel and water bottle
Jungle Extreme Survival
Navigation
Advanced Navigation
wild Foods
Wild Medicine
Bush Medic
Friction Fire (both bow drill and Hand drill)
Adventurer Award
Explorer Award

The Survival School I am with( Boswa - Bush craft on Safari Wilderness adventures) Is Based In southern Africa, our instructors Have trained Survival and survival instructors Course via various People in UK that are involved with Teaching the SAS Wilderness survival.
Our school has been running 10 years, we have had close on 2700 student over this time period, and only Now We have had enough students to be High ranking enough to be promoted to this Rank, in 10 years out of 2700 students only 12 Went through all the requiremets to be eligable for the ranking, and there after where still hand selected To get this ranking. What this allows Me to do Is now Start Teaching on courses, logging more hours and experience, eventually been Promoted to Full instructor.
Here Is My Award.

hunter63
02-05-2018, 01:37 AM
Congrats...long road...
Thanks for bringing us along with the vid's and all.....

Antonyraison
02-05-2018, 01:49 AM
Congrats...long road...
Thanks for bringing us along with the vid's and all.....

It's a pleasure, I will continue sharing the journey, What we plan to build here in southern Africa, is likely going to become one of the foremost Wilderness survival schools in the world in Time, we have extremely dedicated and passionate people that are very very good at what they do.

Rick
02-05-2018, 06:13 AM
It's great to see someone achieve their dream. Sort of walk the talk. Congrats.You are doing what you so many people should be doing; setting your goals and doing what you need to achieve them. You should be very proud of yourself for your accomplishments. I hope you and your lady celebrated your achievement.

Alan R McDaniel Jr
02-05-2018, 06:38 AM
As an educator, I enjoy seeing people continue there education in whatever pathway and capacity they choose. The process of continually upgrading and redefining your goals, and then setting out to achieve them is truly how education works.

Congratulations on your hard work and achievement.

Alan

crashdive123
02-05-2018, 06:40 AM
Congratulations. We are all very proud of what you have accomplished.

Antonyraison
02-05-2018, 06:41 AM
It's great to see someone achieve their dream. Sort of walk the talk. Congrats.You are doing what you so many people should be doing; setting your goals and doing what you need to achieve them. You should be very proud of yourself for your accomplishments. I hope you and your lady celebrated your achievement.

Thank you Rick, yes she has Celebrated with me and supports my dream and goal. It is something over looked, but yes she is there always telling me when I think I cant, that I can.

Antonyraison
02-05-2018, 06:43 AM
As an educator, I enjoy seeing people continue there education in whatever pathway and capacity they choose. The process of continually upgrading and redefining your goals, and then setting out to achieve them is truly how education works.

Congratulations on your hard work and achievement.

Alan

Thank you Alan :) Now its more of an opportunity to take a role as a mentor and trainer and help those learn and grow as I do also, but not really about me, but others that I take into wild places and ensure they get out something useful for themselves.

Antonyraison
02-05-2018, 06:45 AM
Congratulations. We are all very proud of what you have accomplished.

Thank you. I very much appreciate it.

madmax
02-05-2018, 06:55 AM
I appreciate your posts, Antony. You've worked hard to get where you are. And yeah, support from home is a big help. Keep posting.

Antonyraison
02-05-2018, 08:27 AM
I appreciate your posts, Antony. You've worked hard to get where you are. And yeah, support from home is a big help. Keep posting.

Thank you, but the way I see it, its just began, still a lot more hard work ahead.
And Yes I will continue posting every time I have something to share or comment on.
I have made awesome mates with all you guys here and that has been really great to me that I some random bloke from some random 3rd world country, that really like not noticed much can be noticed and be accepted in the brother hood. You guys honor me, I truly Honor you all back.

hayshaker
02-05-2018, 08:31 AM
wow that is a lot regular green beret, you shold have your own survival reality show.
me i was just a boyscout and was a CAMPER.

Antonyraison
02-05-2018, 09:15 AM
wow that is a lot regular green beret, you shold have your own survival reality show.
me i was just a boyscout and was a CAMPER.

I have my youtube channel hahaha... but yeah actually something might be in the works... we have some company locally that has shown some interest in getting a survival show up and going.. but I will have to wait and see what pans out.
For now I am happy to continue as I am, helping where I can and filming what I can when I get the opportunity to do so.

JohnLeePettimore
02-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Impressive. Most impressive.

Phaedrus
02-06-2018, 01:13 AM
Congrats! I envy you all the dirt time, Anthony!

randyt
02-06-2018, 08:17 AM
congrats, that is awesome

Antonyraison
02-07-2018, 01:27 AM
Thanks guys.