PDA

View Full Version : laugh if you want .. it works

wareagle69
05-23-2008, 08:00 PM
so i 'm not sure where to post this so what the heck here it goes
i was reading and learning about jewel weed also known as touch me not as a way to help with poison ivy, so any ways there is a compound in it the help stop itchiness(can't recall name) but it is one of the ingrediants in preperation h, so just for ya'll i went and got a couple of skeeter bites and tried it, weel with in about 5 minutes no more itching, anyone else care to experiment and report back on this?

crashdive123
05-23-2008, 08:07 PM
i was reading and learning about jewel weed also known as touch me not as a way to help with poison ivy, so any ways there is a compound in it the help stop itchiness(can't recall name) but it is one of the ingrediants in preperation h, so just for ya'll i went and got a couple of skeeter bites and tried it, weel with in about 5 minutes no more itching, anyone else care to experiment and report back on this?

Wareagle - I'm really glad that post went in the direction that it did. I thought for sure you were going to say that you tested the properties of jewel weed that made prep H successful. Whew!

Ken
05-23-2008, 08:24 PM

Sure! Send some over to us QC guys. That's what we're here for.:D

Rick
05-23-2008, 08:25 PM
First of all, Jewelweed will work as advertised. Amazing stuff.

Second, you don't need to know how I know this. Just know that I know. There is a difference between the Preparation H sold in the US and Preparation H sold in Canada. There was a time when everyone raved about the fact that Prep H would reduce the bagginess under your eyes and other remarkable cosmetic magic. Once the makers found out that people were using it they were put on notice so they could either petition the FDA to expand its use, which would require tons of R&D and all the expense that went with it or they could alter the formula so it only did what it was designed to do. The took the path of least resistance. At least here in the U.S. They changed the formula to avoid any litigation that might occur should someone get injured (and you know they would) misusing the product. Not such a problem with those wacky Canukians. They like to keep their stuff pure. So they have the same old Prep H of yesteryear while we in the U.S. rave on about a product that can no longer do what we think it does.

It's some wacky Minister of Science sort of a thing.

wareagle69
05-23-2008, 08:34 PM
hmmm never even thought of that crash might prove an intersting experiment

crashdive123
05-23-2008, 08:38 PM
hmmm never even thought of that crash might prove an intersting experiment

Please - no pictures.:eek::D

Sourdough
05-23-2008, 08:40 PM
hmmmm, I Wonder if it works on the 7 year itch.

crashdive123
05-23-2008, 08:42 PM
hmmmm, I Wonder if it works on the 7 year itch.

No Marilyn look alikes in your neck of the woods?

Rick
05-23-2008, 08:48 PM
You can be Tom Ewell if you want.

crashdive123
05-23-2008, 09:00 PM
If I was walking by and she was standing over a subway grate with her skirt blowing up....I'd stop.

Rick
05-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Da**! She's been dead for 40 years. That would look like a dust devil.

crashdive123
05-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Hey...a guy has to have his standards....I, on the other hand....

Rick
05-23-2008, 09:24 PM
You know what she'd say if she were alive today don't you? Help! Help! Get me out of this coffin!

sthrnstrong
05-23-2008, 10:02 PM
If I was walking by and she was standing over a subway grate with her skirt blowing up....I'd stop.

I learned awhile back if you keep your standards low youll never be disappointed.

Ole WV Coot
05-23-2008, 10:47 PM
I thought we had a couple of threads on jewel weed somewhere, but what the hay it still good stuff. Rick, be careful when you brush your teeth that Prep H will make you pucker.

crashdive123
05-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Now he tells me.

http://www.petersontuners.com/oldweb/images/bank/Gurning2.jpg

flandersander
05-24-2008, 01:54 AM
LMFAO that was great.

bulrush
05-27-2008, 01:27 PM
I haven't used jewel weed on poison ivy but it works great on stinging nettle stings. Unfortunately, around here, the jewel weed grows much slower than stinging nettle. I've seen stinging nettle 2.5 feet high, while JW is only 3 inches high.