PDA

View Full Version : Elite Survival Ranger

Antonyraison
11-08-2017, 03:25 AM
I am very very happy today,
after 3 years of hard hard work, I have finally achieved the Ranking of Elite Survival Ranger - BSR/16/07 is my official Number... soon will receive my badge in december when we have a rangers social.. I have attached what it kind of will look like in this post.

In order to get there I had a long journey,
basic
advanced
Bushcraft
1st aid (bush medic)
Naviagtion
winter mountain extreme Survival
Ocean extreme Survival
Jungle extreme Survival
48 hour solo
72 alone in wild challenge
wild foods
wild medicine
advanced navigation (doing at end nov)
but I have finally achieved this ranking here in southern africa.

next up on the agenda is this...

the instructors program
The RANGER qualification is the first professional level and you will be able to assist us on Courses, Extremes and Expeditions.
If anyone wish to get involved on this basis please let me know !!!
This is the RANGER badge that you have earned !

You will receive a logbook with the certification and badge ceremony (date to follow) and you can start to earn hours assisting on
courses. You will need 25 hours to qualify for RANGER LEVEL 2 after which you will be required to write a PASS/FAIL exam.
After successful completion of the exam you will start to teach on the SAFE/1-DAY and BASIC Survival Courses.
This is the RANGER LEVEL 2 BADGE you will achieve !

You will need a further 25 hours to qualify for RANGER LEVEL 3 after which you will be required to again write a PASS/FAIL exam.
After successful completion of the exam you will start to teach on the BUSHCRAFT, NAVIGATION and BUSH MEDIC Courses.
This is the RANGER LEVEL 3 BADGE you will achieve !

You will need to successfully teach on each of the following courses to qualify for SURVIVAL INSTRUCTOR after which you will be
required to again write a PASS/FAIL INSTRUCTOR exam.
After successful completion of the exam you have earned the SURVIVAL INSTRUCTOR BADGE !

crashdive123
11-08-2017, 06:02 AM
Congratulations. I know that you have been working hard toward this.

Antonyraison
11-08-2017, 06:40 AM
Thank you so much, just have to log the teaching/training hours and write a few exams, and I be fully qualified "instructor"
I am glad to share my journey will all you guys :)

madmax
11-08-2017, 06:58 AM
That's a lot of work. Great job!

Graf
11-08-2017, 07:00 AM
Awsome for you

Rick
11-08-2017, 08:02 AM
You have lived your dream. Not many can say that. Congratulations!!!!

rebel
11-08-2017, 08:04 AM
Congrats, nice job!

randyt
11-08-2017, 08:20 AM
that's awesome, congrats

kyratshooter
11-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Congratulations Anthony. That is a long list of requirements.

What organization issues this certification?

We have nothing like this over here, to my knowledge, from any official organization like the Red Cross or FEMA, for civilians to access.

hunter63
11-08-2017, 01:02 PM
I'll add my congrats as well....That awesome!
Thanks for sharing and bring us along on your journey...

Seniorman
11-08-2017, 01:07 PM
That is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations.

Is that a military organization or private organization?

S.M.

Phaedrus
11-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Very cool, Antony! Congrats!

Antonyraison
11-09-2017, 02:13 AM
Congratulations Anthony. That is a long list of requirements.

What organization issues this certification?

We have nothing like this over here, to my knowledge, from any official organization like the Red Cross or FEMA, for civilians to access.

This is a privately owned company, not military,
The head instructor has gotten his instructors training From SAS he spent about 6 months abroad training with them to achieve it.
The company itself has been going well over 10 years, and is Likely the only School of its kind in Southern africa, he often trains Game rangers on survival...
We have some local affiliations with various groups, like ex military ( 32nd battalion) and Local Game rangers, and many various other players with in the Farming, nature and wild life organisations..

www.boswa.co.za
if you really want to check where I am doing thing through.

Antonyraison
11-09-2017, 02:20 AM
Thanks for alll the congrats,
I still have a bit more to do before I can be called an instructor, but I am starting with logging the hours to do the tests..
I keep you guys updated etc as things progress,
Our actual aim for the group I am with is to make our training world wide known and recognized.. we may get there.. its a long road.