PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Slaw

Rick
05-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Nothing goes with a BBQ any better than a side of slaw. Just in time for the Memorial Day week-end is my favorite slaw recipe:

Creamy Coleslaw

1 Package (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
¾ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/3 cup sour cream
¼ cup sugar
¾ teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon ground mustard
¼ teaspoon celery salt

Place coleslaw mix in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir until blended. Pour over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.

Yield: 6 servings.

When you start to mix the coleslaw with the "sauce" you'll be tempted to think it can't possibly coat that much coleslaw. Just keep mixing. It will cover all of it just fine.

Enjoy!!

crashdive123
05-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Good recepie. Love my slaw.

Rick
05-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Tossed a couple of fillets on the Barby and whipped up a batch of slaw this very evening. I had marinated the fillets for 2 days in beer and Worcestershire sauce. MMMMMMMMmmmmm, tender!

Ken
05-23-2008, 05:23 AM
How many times do I have to remind you?????? You cannot circumvent the Quality Control process! :mad:

canid
05-23-2008, 05:26 AM
for any of you who can't find colslaw mix, it's sometimes hiding inside heads of cabbage...

Ken
05-23-2008, 05:30 AM
Ya' know, Canid, I was thinking along those same lines. It's kinda' like starting a recipe for "Barbequed Burgers" with a trip to McDonald's, ain't it?

This QC report may be scathing! :p

Rick
05-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Now you see why I didn't send any. I took the easy way out.....

LeaveThisLifeGuy
05-23-2008, 01:35 PM
never made my own slaw, tryin it today to go with the ribs and grilled peaches

Recipe courtesy of this month's GQ:

1. shred cabbage and carrots
2. in a bowl, mix 1cup mayo, 2tbsp of white vinegar (rice-wine preferred), dollop of dijon mustard, tsp of sugar, tbsp of celery seed, salt and pepper to taste
3. toss together until evenly coated, refrigerate for 1+ hours.

Ken
05-23-2008, 01:45 PM
LTLG - YOU TOO? How many times do I have to remind you?????? You cannot circumvent the Quality Control process!

LeaveThisLifeGuy
05-23-2008, 01:47 PM
ken, you got some slaw in the mail. i'm sure the mayo'll hold nicely!:D

Ken
05-23-2008, 01:49 PM
ken, you got some slaw in the mail. i'm sure the mayo'll hold nicely!:D

Dry Ice, Wise*ss. Pack it with dry ice.

Rick
05-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Okay, the mushy package will be from me then. I didn't think about the dry ice. Sorry.

Ken
05-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Okay, the mushy package will be from me then. I didn't think about the dry ice. Sorry.

Yeah. Keep playin' with me. You probably had dry ice in the shipping box and took it out just so you could spend the rest of the day watching vapor rise into the air. You never even THOUGHT ABOUT sending any slaw to Q.C., DID YOU???? :mad:

Thinking scientific thoughts, huh?:p I've dealt with your kind before.:p

You talk to Crash next week. THEN, you'll be sorry that you've been such an uncooperative cheapskate. I told you that QC was a public service. Did you listen? NOOOOOOOO! Crash sent me some onions. Just ask Crash to send you a picture of what he gets from the ocean waters off the coast of Massachusetts. Then :D:D:D you'll be posting *slaps his forehead 999,999,999,999 times*.

The first two Wilderness Survival Forums Quality Control Reports will be posted next week. Read 'em and weep, Super Mod, read 'em and weep!:D

Sometimes, the best revenge requires doing nothing at all.:D

Rick
05-23-2008, 02:15 PM
(hurriedly wraps slaw in plastic). Did too send it!

dilligaf2u2
05-25-2008, 05:12 AM
Ken you forgot to send my share DIDn't you. I will be waiting here for you to send me my test share!

I am making pintos and rice with BACON for Mondays dinner get together. TDW and TGF are doing the rest of the meal. I know I spent a lot for the 3" thick NY strip steaks.

Ken If you want I'll send you some of the slaw I got from Safeways yesterday!

Don

Ken
05-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Never was a New York strip guy, Don. Tenderloins, Rib Eyes, Porterhouse, Prime Rib - ya' got me. Now, I could be wrong. NY strips may be better than I think. Maybe it's just a matter of acquiring a taste for the. Maybe if you sent over 50 -60lbs. I'd start to like them. :p

Safeway's slaw? I think that's what Rick REALLY uses, too. Don't worry about sending any. Just send money and I'll get a couple of sides of slaw from the local KFC.:D