PDA

View Full Version : To whom it may concern

Sorley
04-14-2017, 08:29 PM
Hello, my name is Sorley!

Initially I had decided not to post an introduction thread. Today i'm feeling social I suppose! Also, when I decide to do a little experimenting/failing I may have questions. Might as well play along from time to time! :)

Mostly I'll be following the suggested rubric from the sticky. 26 this summer, male from northern Illinois. Terrible city called Rockford but i'm about 10miles from Wisconsin and less than two hours from downtown Chicago so it aint bad really.

Currently i'm a welding student and delivery driver for a sandwich joint called Jimmy Johns. The only formal training I've had is for the conceal and carry license thing and that was a joke mostly(seriously though lol). My favorite thing to do growing up was camping, like go fishing and hiking.. checking out bugs/animals, following creeks.. that sort of a thing.

Intermediate I guess? definitely between novice and expert depending on the subject/topic. Areas around here are mostly flat, lots of fresh water but not all are great to fish. I've spent some time in smoky mountains area and north min/wis. I've never gone out with a tarp, hatchet, cook pot, chord and flint(maybe fishing line+hooks too) , but i'd like to think i'd be fairly comfortable. At least for a few days X)

Not really sure what ya'll are looking for as far as preparedness and type.. I have a nice little seed collection and plenty of ammo. We rotate maybe 2-3 weeks of canned goods/non perishables. From time to time i'll buy discount fruit by the bag and dehydrate. Now that I think about it, I don't think we have any water right now ( besides the tap, of course) :o

I started doing a garden when I was about 11 at my grandmas place. mostly tomatoes and corn till I was older.. nowadays I have a solid organic(mostly) 10'x10' or so, 2'x6' strawberry patch, some wild onions I like, mulberry bush and some flowers. I'm interested in hunting but I don't know anyone who does all that. As I mentioned, i'm a big fan of outdoor stuff in general. I play drums for a punk band. I like disc golf. I like cooking.. Hmm, idk , I think that about covers it for now!

And I was gonna keep it short too, dang! O well :D

Rick
04-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Welcome home.

hunter63
04-14-2017, 09:15 PM
Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome....From Wisconsin.

A good intro just lets everyone know a little about who we are talking with....

Fixit
04-14-2017, 09:32 PM
Hello and second from Tennessee . Grab all the 5 gal buckets from jimmy johns that you can . You will be told what to do with them later.

Phaedrus
04-14-2017, 10:43 PM
Welcome to WSF!

Sorley
04-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I'm already learning a lot and have found many threads useful. I look forward to doing more reading and possibly getting more involved.

Hello and second from Tennessee . Grab all the 5 gal buckets from jimmy johns that you can . You will be told what to do with them later.

I have a lot of 'junk' in my garage man.. i used to brew, (just lazy these days really) but that's all i've ever used that sort of container for. Curious as to what you had in mind for me!

hunter63
04-14-2017, 11:37 PM
5 gal buckets, plastic milk crates, wood pallets, duck tape and wire ties.....staples of the well rounded homestead.

Rick
04-15-2017, 07:22 AM
Jeese. You forgot WD40. But yeah...what he said.

hunter63
04-15-2017, 10:23 AM
Jeese. You forgot WD40. But yeah...what he said.

Yeah, that.......

1stimestar
04-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Welcome from Alaska.

crashdive123
04-16-2017, 05:27 PM
Hello and welcome.

Antonyraison
04-17-2017, 01:43 AM
Welcome aboard... Good intro :)

DSJohnson
04-19-2017, 01:04 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Glad you found us. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

pgvoutdoors
04-21-2017, 10:59 AM
Welcome aboard!

JohnLeePettimore
04-26-2017, 08:46 AM
Welcome to WSF!

What a difference one letter makes.