PDA

View Full Version : New Member NY MtnMan72

NY MtnMan72
07-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi all... great site- have enjoyed reading some posts and am looking forward to replying to some.

Hope to spread some fun- I have some good knowledge and some funny stories to share someday.

Art in NY

Sarge47
07-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Welcome to the Wolf Pack, guy, whereabouts in NY are you from?

nell67
07-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum

NY MtnMan72
07-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Well Sarge- right now I am living in the "hudson valley" region sort of between Albany NY and NYC (the sewer)....

I grew up, and spend alot of my time further upstate. Where my folks still are is in the western end of the Catskill mountains, and my brother lives way upstate- on the western boundary of the Adirondacks. Both areas are very rural (not what most people think of NY), and especially in the Adirondacks- you can hike for days, possibly weeks and not see many or any other people. NY is a very special state -for the simple reason that just about the upper third of our state is a wilderness area- state owned, that cannot be developed or built on. There are areas where you can buy property in the woods, on lakes etc- but no or very little new land is allowed to be cleared.
Ill attach a link to the Adirondack site- lots of neat pics and some maps etc etc.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adirondack_Park

Thanks for the welcome.....

Sarge47
07-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Well Sarge- right now I am living in the "hudson valley" region sort of between Albany NY and NYC (the sewer)....

I grew up, and spend alot of my time further upstate. Where my folks still are is in the western end of the Catskill mountains, and my brother lives way upstate- on the western boundary of the Adirondacks. Both areas are very rural (not what most people think of NY), and especially in the Adirondacks- you can hike for days, possibly weeks and not see many or any other people. NY is a very special state -for the simple reason that just about the upper third of our state is a wilderness area- state owned, that cannot be developed or built on. There are areas where you can buy property in the woods, on lakes etc- but no or very little new land is allowed to be cleared.
Ill attach a link to the Adirondack site- lots of neat pics and some maps etc etc.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adirondack_Park

Thanks for the welcome.....

We need to hook yo up with one of our young members: "Wild Goth". He's from over your way and looking to get some instruction & pointers.