PDA

View Full Version : killed by cows

kyratshooter
01-04-2017, 04:26 AM
If you are in the water and someone yells SHARK you get out of the water and stay out, correct??

But we will short cut through a field of cattle without even thinking about it, right. We go into their midst on purpose, as if that were normal. Got to get to that fishing spot or the tree stand.

We never consider the fact that sharks kill less than 2 people in the U.S. each year.

Cows kill 20!

And bees?? Bees should have their own TV series about serial killing and the social complex wiping out the human race!

Bees kill 58 people each year.

Still we keep plodding along the hiking trail, tapping the hollow tree with the walking stick, wearing bright colors and munching candy.

And we are out there in the middle of all this carnage and killer cattle and malicious insects and we never think about the terror of the outdoors!

Perhaps we should go inside and play a video game.

hunter63
01-04-2017, 11:12 AM
Well, SIL cooked and ate all steaks "Hockey Puck" done, because of "318" killer cow from heck....would stalk him.

Did it say "How cows kill?"......
Most accidents (killings) I know of.....were loading and unloading cows and bulls.

That is interesting........

madmax
01-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Funny I'm watching a thread on FB that features a nut job cow someone brought home for milk. Most are saying "Don't worry." "Be gentle." Be patient." A few are throwing out the warnings. "Sell it. It can hurt you bad." From the vid the last place I'd want to be is playing around under her.

hunter63
01-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Funny I'm watching a thread on FB that features a nut job cow someone brought home for milk. Most are saying "Don't worry." "Be gentle." Be patient." A few are throwing out the warnings. "Sell it. It can hurt you bad." From the vid the last place I'd want to be is playing around under her.

Pssssst.... sounds like cow 318 is still around....

LowKey
01-04-2017, 08:34 PM
That cow went cheap for a reason.

randyt
01-04-2017, 09:11 PM
I might go through a field of cows if there isn't a bull in with them. If there is a bull no way and that's no bull.

crashdive123
01-04-2017, 09:25 PM

I knew a girl like that once.

hunter63
01-04-2017, 11:26 PM
Was hunting in Missouri in a couple of mile area....next to my friends home....

He had purchased 10 acres from a guy the owned the land next door, that still had the original home from the Civil War standing there.....But that's another story.

The owner ran beef cattle....moved them out, to another location, so we could use the area for deer hunting.

Well, he either forgot or couldn't catch them, but was still 4 cows and a calf there.

Day light came and I could see "big and brown" coming thru the brush.....pulled up and was looking thru the scope....then saw the big white-ish head.....Cow...

After they saw me...they would stay about 100yds away...3 cows looking at me...and the calf behind them.

Every where I went....there they were looking at me....following me around....Looking, watching....spooky.....

Guilty visions of Micky D's Quarter pounders coming back to haunt me... do me in..... Don't eat them anymore.....LOL

Cows can be Dangerous......

Batch
01-05-2017, 09:31 PM
I have had a couple calls. Not close maybe, just calls. When I was around seven I jumped a calve to ride and about a yearling bull or so took offense and set me on my ear.

We hunt pasture land and my dad was told to wear a cowboy hat and teh deer would come in with the cattle. Thinking it was feeding time for the cattle. Well, we pretty much caused a stampede.

Been between plenty of hollering bulls when we split the herd.

but, one time we had this big ole Brahma and it was snorting and stomping and wouldn't move out of the way so we could get through a gate. It was completely surrounded by black vultures. I told Sean that it was sure acting up. And he said, look the dang thing is so old the buzzards are waiting for it to die. I said, or they are waiting for him to kill the next thing.

We hunted elsewhere.

hunter63
01-05-2017, 10:20 PM
...................................but, one time we had this big ole Brahma and it was snorting and stomping and wouldn't move out of the way so we could get through a gate. It was completely surrounded by black vultures. I told Sean that it was sure acting up. And he said, look the dang thing is so old the buzzards are waiting for it to die. I said, or they are waiting for him to kill the next thing.

We hunted elsewhere.

Now that is funny....I don't care who you are.....

Or as you walk by....buzzard sitting on a fence....one says,......
"I'm bored....lets go kill something"

Wise Old Owl
01-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Guess you forgot cow-tipping...

WY21lmb
01-06-2017, 10:47 PM
I grew up with cows. Herfords. Never imagined or heard of cow tipping. When around them they mostly ignored me though they knew I was there.

Wildthang
01-12-2017, 01:16 PM
My mother and two sisters were ran up a tree by a rabid cow. They said the way that cow acted was the scariest thing they have ever seen. She waited at the bottom of that tree all night acting like she was possessed. Dad finally found them toward morning and had to shoot that cow 18 times with a .22 to finally take her down!

madmax
01-12-2017, 02:23 PM
They can go from dumb smucks to crazy meat in a second. Dad was a large animal vet. I hung around enough to pick up enough to respect the weight.

hunter63
01-12-2017, 02:56 PM
My mother and two sisters were ran up a tree by a rabid cow. They said the way that cow acted was the scariest thing they have ever seen. She waited at the bottom of that tree all night acting like she was possessed. Dad finally found them toward morning and had to shoot that cow 18 times with a .22 to finally take her down!

Note to self....another confirmed kill for the lowly .22......anything on the planet....given enough ammo.

DSJohnson
01-14-2017, 05:43 PM
I have a huge dislike for all living cattle.. I love to eat beef though! Going up in rural Oklahoma I have been around cattle pretty much all my life. I have wormed them, dehorned them, branded them, skinned them butchered them. Pulled calves out of young, first birth mommas, pulled teeth out of steers, pulled the afterbirth when the momma did not "clean up" as my father would say. I have vaccinated them, castrated the young bulls to make them steers, pulled them out of mud and watched them fall through ice on a pond and drown. I have watched the vet do a cesarean, pulled twenty feet of plastic binders twine out of their stomach (out their mouth). I have chopped ice in the winter and hauled water in the summer, fed hay, cubes and cotton seed hulls to them.

I have rarely ever been in fear of my life around them but just like any other animal that can and will outweigh you by 10 times your weight they can hurt you without ever even knowing that you are there. It sucks to get caught between an 800 pound steer and a rigid. ungiving wall, or fence panel. Having a momma cow step full on your foot hurts in a very special and unforgettable way. I have, "worked" long horns too. They really can be very aggressive and very confrontational. I promise that they know that they are armed and dangerous.

It does not set off "red flags and alarms" when I see cattle in the area but I do try to recognize their presence.

Rick
01-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Man. I just threw up in mouth a little five times. That's a nasty post.

madmax
01-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Rick is a girly boy.

Rick
01-14-2017, 06:28 PM
You've been waiting weeks to use "girly boy" in a post haven't you?

madmax
01-14-2017, 06:32 PM
....months...

DSJohnson
01-14-2017, 08:12 PM
Glad I could help, Max....

Rick
01-15-2017, 08:55 AM
Oh, don't encourage him.