PDA

View Full Version : Fun with Matches

hunter63
10-24-2016, 04:56 PM
Looking around today....came across as couple of tips.....
I do realize that these day, unless you start a fire with a Ferro rod, or flint and steel, bow drill, fire piston or fusel lens you aren't a true survivalist, bushcrafter or mountain man....

Then the is the Bic, Zippo, or as we have seen lately the trench lighter.....or even road flare.

But some people do use the old tried and true fire starter......The match.
Invented to make it easier to start a fire,... light a lamp, candle, stove, pipe, cigar, or cigarette.

For years people used the strike anywhere match....until the nanny society decided we couldn't be trusted with these evil and dangerous....resulting in the safety match....Available in big and little wooden form or the small books used to be given away at any gas station, store, saloon

They work just fine until you don't have the box, or box gets worn, and most likely ....wet and destroyed.

Found these vids today they may help get past that problem.....
I have not tried these out personally .....YET

Paper matches....
http://survivial-training.wonderhowto.com/how-to/light-match-without-matchbook-cover-264918/

Wood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DyVKPSm0ic

Just an FYI and open to discussion

natertot
10-24-2016, 05:38 PM
Pretty cool share. I have seen a version of this on a tv show, I forget which one. They rubbed two sticks like a fire plow until there was smoke. While the board was still hot, the match was struck on it and it ignited.

All in all, a good idea. Still would prefer the strike anywheres........

hunter63
10-24-2016, 05:46 PM
Pretty cool share. I have seen a version of this on a tv show, I forget which one. They rubbed two sticks like a fire plow until there was smoke. While the board was still hot, the match was struck on it and it ignited.

All in all, a good idea. Still would prefer the strike anywheres........

Think is was Fat Guys in the Woods....Creek Stewart .....

WalkingTree
10-24-2016, 07:21 PM
Think of the simple wood match as having fuel that won't evaporate, and as the easy literally instant fire that it is...

...I used to dip them in wax for water proofing, and put a bunch of them with two or several striker boards cut from their container box inside some container that will float - sealed well with air in it for example (which is a water proofing redundancy too, and would be needed for the striker boards anyway). You want to be low tech yet extremely reliable, don't know what would beat this by much. A disposable lighter may come to mind, but it's just that I personally hate those. Don't like holding the little things in my hand and flicking it.

hunter63
10-24-2016, 09:34 PM
Think of the simple wood match as having fuel that won't evaporate, and as the easy literally instant fire that it is...

...I used to dip them in wax for water proofing, and put a bunch of them with two or several striker boards cut from their container box inside some container that will float - sealed well with air in it for example (which is a water proofing redundancy too, and would be needed for the striker boards anyway). You want to be low tech yet extremely reliable, don't know what would beat this by much. A disposable lighter may come to mind, but it's just that I personally hate those. Don't like holding the little things in my hand and flicking it.

Real early on......in the free book matches days (don't know if they still give them away any more ?) I would tear the inside cardboard out of the cover...kinda roll up the 20 paper matches....roll the up in the cover with the striker board on it tuck it in a pill bottle.

Still have some that I had done that with, many years ago, I still have in jacket pockets....

Now on the other hand I also have sealed pill bottles with the small wood matches and striker boards pack in....left them in my port-a-potty blind, and they got soft damp and didn't light.

Gonna guess they suffered from condensation by being left in the blind year around?

tundrabadger
10-24-2016, 10:06 PM
Real early on......in the free book matches days (don't know if they still give them away any more ?) I would tear the inside cardboard out of the cover...kinda roll up the 20 paper matches....roll the up in the cover with the striker board on it tuck it in a pill bottle.

Still have some that I had done that with, many years ago, I still have in jacket pockets....

Now on the other hand I also have sealed pill bottles with the small wood matches and striker boards pack in....left them in my port-a-potty blind, and they got soft damp and didn't light.

Gonna guess they suffered from condensation by being left in the blind year around?

They still gave away free books until 3 or so years ago. can't confirm after that on account of I quit smoking so I need matches much less frequently.

kyratshooter
10-24-2016, 10:35 PM
Back in the day if you asked for an ash tray at a bar they handed you a nice clean glass ashtray with a fresh book of matches with the bar name on the cover. Usually they had one located at each spot at the bar.

Same for hotels and motels, when you checked in the room had several clean ash trays each with a book of matches.

I may be the only person left that keeps book matches on hand here at home. I keep two or three 100 packs for the "just in case" situations. Of course I also have about 500 tea light candles in big plastic bags for emergency use. It really is easier to light a Coleman stove, gas burner or even candles with a match than with a lighter.

And thought the trusty ferro rod is great for starting the campfire it leaves something to be desired for lighting candles and kerosene lamps.

M118LR
10-24-2016, 11:25 PM
Started using them newfangled NATO windproof matches since the Old Strike anywhere's have gotten to hard to find. Old Sailor trading habits are hard to break, I've traded Zippo's with unit logo's all over the world for some really cool stuff. Seems that every plastic bic I've stuck in my pocket came up cracked when I wanted to use it. Perhaps this Old Navy Dog is just too Old to learn some new tricks.

natertot
10-25-2016, 02:24 AM
Think is was Fat Guys in the Woods....Creek Stewart .....

I think you are right. That is what I was thinking but didn't want to give bad info. Too bad they didn't come out with more. I liked the show and Creeks down to earth mentality.

Rick
10-25-2016, 07:41 AM
I would have a blister on the end of my index finger. That hurts just to watch.

Antonyraison
10-25-2016, 08:24 AM
with enough practice you can light a match on a window pane, well our matches in South Africa anyways;

hunter63
10-25-2016, 10:54 AM
Started using them newfangled NATO windproof matches since the Old Strike anywhere's have gotten to hard to find. Old Sailor trading habits are hard to break, I've traded Zippo's with unit logo's all over the world for some really cool stuff. Seems that every plastic bic I've stuck in my pocket came up cracked when I wanted to use it. Perhaps this Old Navy Dog is just too Old to learn some new tricks.

I can say that I hae never had that happen....
Fluid leak out in the years between hunting seasons, or in truck consul, maybe a couple.......never broke any except the one I ran over with the power lawn mower.
That was kinda exciting.

finallyME
10-25-2016, 05:45 PM
I think most people automatically assume that lighting a fire with matches is super easy. For the boyscouts of old, the one match fire was the standard. However, it isn't as easy as people think. You do have to understand the match and how to use it properly.

In a safe area, I have been known to give the scouts a large box of matches and tell them to "play" with them. This is how you learn what works and what doesn't.

M118LR
10-25-2016, 05:46 PM
In my younger years I even dented a few Zippo's in my pocket. But now that my days of wearing PF Flyers are over, and I can no longer run faster or jump higher than all the other kids on the block, perhaps it is time to reassess the use of bic lighters? I'm pretty sure I won't be doing any rope tricks, nowadays it would be more common for me to fall off a ladder or the roof, so I guess Father Time has a way of modifying how much fun you can have with matches. (Don't expect to be lighting the Kudlik anytime soon either)

hunter63
10-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Anything you have to hold the flame... Down.... to light....matches may be a better choice....?

M118LR
10-25-2016, 06:16 PM
Anything you have to hold the flame... Down.... to light....matches may be a better choice....?

Just as long as it ain't "3 on a match"!

Dexterity/temperature has a little to do with that also hunter63. Them tiny matches get to be hard to hold after exiting the water on to an Arctic beach. There where times when the day/night flare seemed a little too small to get a good grip on. Dump a canoe into some 34 degree water and little matchsticks on the beach become a much greater challenge.

hunter63
10-25-2016, 07:32 PM
Don't know if it was 34 degrees or not...and was only in Wisconsin......but you are correct the water that isn't ice, can still be 33 degrees....

Falls under the "J**** C**** this cooooold.

You know, one thing I never hear about in anyone kit is a bees wax candle end...1-1/2 long...
Get that stubby piece lit,... out of the wind and pile in twigs....works pretty well.

Say, you didn't carry those Bic's in your back pocket.....did ya?

We just saved all the candle ends from the candle lanterns at rondy......tuck in fire kit of just a pocket....

M118LR
10-25-2016, 07:44 PM
Don't know if it was 34 degrees or not...and was only in Wisconsin......but you are correct the water that isn't ice, can still be 33 degrees....

Falls under the "J**** C**** this cooooold.

You know, one thing I never hear about in anyone kit is a bees wax candle end...1-1/2 long...
Get that stubby piece lit,... out of the wind and pile in twigs....works pretty well.

Say, you didn't carry those Bic's in your back pocket.....did ya?

We just saved all the candle ends from the candle lanterns at rondy......tuck in fire kit of just a pocket....

I prefer the triple wicked sealed tin bees wax candles, the stick style has more of a tendency to snap or break.

Forward port survival tin, forward starboard get out of jail currency, aft port miscellaneous (bic/Zippo/etc.) Only so many pockets in a pair of BDU's hunter63.

Staying Alive Comedy
10-26-2016, 07:15 PM
I usually just use the power of my mind focused through my chi to ignite whatever fuel sources are around me. Those strike anywhere matches would be nice too though.

hunter63
10-26-2016, 07:46 PM
Man I hate it when that happens....had a guy that said he could....
But got tired of waiting for him....to "get the signal ".... so just use my Bic to light my smoke.....beside it much quieter.....no KunFoo noises.

Rick
10-26-2016, 08:33 PM
Yeah, that whole chi thing ain't what it's cracked up to be. I watched a guy do that once. Two grunts later he crapped his pants. BIC lighter for me too.

finallyME
10-27-2016, 12:03 PM

cotton ball and PJ. Does the same thing. Use more PJ if you want it to last longer.

hunter63
10-27-2016, 01:17 PM
cotton ball and PJ. Does the same thing. Use more PJ if you want it to last longer.

Yeah, I know....but there usually a bunch of candle stubs/ends after a long week-end at rondy....from the lanterns....
When I change one out for the evening, I just save the stub.

Carry loose in jacket/ bags.. pocket...for fire starters, emergency light, zipper lube.
Just a recycling thing....can't imagine make candle ends on purpose.

finallyME
10-27-2016, 02:39 PM
smoke 'em if ya got 'em. :)

hunter63
10-27-2016, 04:37 PM
smoke 'em if ya got 'em. :)

Rodger that........
BTW I also use it for dossing off melted lead.....scrape couple of thumb size pieces of bees wax into the molten lead....burns off, then you can skin off the impurities......and I do use paper matches to make sure the fumes burn off.
In my garage, with a mask on, with door open and a good draft.

Faiaoga
10-27-2016, 05:02 PM
I don't remember where I heard this, but one piece of inappropriate doggerel is

Matches, Matches
You can light them on wood
You can light them on glass
And if you're with a lady,
You can light them on her ***
Matches, Matches, Matches

Totally inappropriate and locker room doggerel:devil2:

finallyME
10-27-2016, 05:45 PM
Rodger that........
BTW I also use it for dossing off melted lead.....scrape couple of thumb size pieces of bees wax into the molten lead....burns off, then you can skin off the impurities......and I do use paper matches to make sure the fumes burn off.
In my garage, with a mask on, with door open and a good draft.

I should remember that the next time I am scraping range lead.

M118LR
10-27-2016, 06:36 PM
For some reason I think I remember using bee's wax on the drill bit of a hurdy-gurdy hand drill? But I was much younger in those days!
I also recall cooking over a triple wicked bee's wax tin, perhaps it was due to the increased temperature above paraffin or tallow?
Isn't there something about bee's wax being used to prevent infection?

Got to give those busy little bee's allot of Love & Respect, lowest cost minions that don't have a Union or grievances. As long as they ain't Africanized they don't pose much of problem, as long as you have a bit of smoke to settle them down. JMHO.

hunter63
10-27-2016, 06:47 PM
For some reason I think I remember using bee's wax on the drill bit of a hurdy-gurdy hand drill? But I was much younger in those days!
I also recall cooking over a triple wicked bee's wax tin, perhaps it was due to the increased temperature above paraffin or tallow?

Got to give those busy little bee's allot of Love & Respect, lowest cost minions that don't have a Union or grievances. As long as they ain't Africanized they don't pose much of problem, as long as you have a bit of smoke to settle them down. JMHO.

Nope, nope, not gonna do it....nope, nope. nope

M118LR
10-27-2016, 07:02 PM
Nope, nope, not gonna do it....nope, nope. nope

Is this the time to triple dawg dare Y'all? LoL........

hunter63
10-27-2016, 07:21 PM
Not gonna get sucked in....LOL

M118LR
10-27-2016, 07:54 PM
Not gonna get sucked in....LOL

Aw come on, Y'all know you want to do it. Don't listen to the little angelic guy on the other shoulder. It's not like we would pay any attention to it anyway. (did I ever mention that I have been labeled as an instigator?) :lol:

NJHeart2Heart
10-28-2016, 12:21 PM
I think most people automatically assume that lighting a fire with matches is super easy. For the boyscouts of old, the one match fire was the standard. However, it isn't as easy as people think. You do have to understand the match and how to use it properly.

In a safe area, I have been known to give the scouts a large box of matches and tell them to "play" with them. This is how you learn what works and what doesn't.

Funny you mention this. I'm getting better with ferro rod, and have a pile of matches yet never actually played with them. Guess my next practice session will have to be lighting fire with matches!

hunter63
10-28-2016, 12:53 PM
Funny you mention this. I'm getting better with ferro rod, and have a pile of matches yet never actually played with them. Guess my next practice session will have to be lighting fire with matches!

Doesn't hurt to know and use as many different methods as you can.....just in case, you break or lose the ferro rod......
Secret is being versatile.

NJHeart2Heart
10-28-2016, 01:36 PM
Doesn't hurt to know and use as many different methods as you can.....just in case, you break or lose the ferro rod......
Secret is being versatile.

Agreed! :cowboy:

M118LR
10-28-2016, 06:37 PM
Got to be honest, ever since I started picking up Magnesium Fire Starters for $2.00 or less on sale at Harbor Freight, I've been using them for OJT of the G-Kids and anyone else that hasn't spent allot of time fire starting. https://www.google.com/shopping/product/4185959553966614075?sclient=psy-ab&biw=1316&bih=714&site=webhp&q=magnesium+block+flint+fire+starter+harbor+freigh t&oq=magnesium+block+flint+fire+starter+harbor+freig ht&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.&bvm=bv.136811127,d.cGc&tch=1&ech=1&psi=OdATWMCCNdagjwP55L7ADA.1477693475082.7&prds=hsec:online,paur:ClkAsKraX71gPJkVlx39uWlzzma7 U3aq84LlB4szdFRMGV39QtnLGlQiIKm6jKaUZWUb64YO_cU0Io SEjIik-ExRj1Rf0timN4aAmOgLzio8Bbt4XMLD17S6-hIZAFPVH71hGBxD0HqREo1EtAlo-u3fIXHGRQ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6qfrFxf7PAhVBC2MKHZpNAecQ2SsIBw#sgro=o m

I got more of these floating around in the Clan's vehicles, ALICE Packs, next to the BBQ Grills, etc... than BIC lighters. When we went up to Huntsville (Savannah) Thing 2 didn't have any matches or lighters to start the Grill and charcoal broil a couple of Steaks. But she did have a Harbor Freight Mag-Block-Fire starter, and she knew how to use it. (Okay, a little back patting) Even Thing 2's thing 1 & thing 2 could fire up the BBQ with the Mag-Block-Fire starter.

Antonyraison
10-31-2016, 06:23 AM

our bees are indeed dangerous... the entire swarm will hunt you down and all sting you..

Antonyraison
10-31-2016, 06:30 AM
Matches, however are actually harder than it seems to light stuff with, especially outdoors, with wind etc. Takes time to learn to cup your hand quickly when lighting them, but if you proficient with them then they are great.
Always my preferred method is Ferro-rod. Followed by a bic lighter, then potassium permanganate mixed with glycerine. Lastly would be a match.
Just my order of things, I usually take at least 3 methods of fire with me, and last resort would be friction fire, however I whole heartedly agree, have as many methods you know to make fire, and be proficient at all of them, its really one of the most valuable skills.

finallyME
10-31-2016, 10:42 AM

The Africanized ones aren't as bad as many try to cast them. Sure, they are dangerous. But, they also do what they were bred to do.... make more honey with less. They also aren't affected as much by whatever is killing off the European hives here. There are beekeepers in the southern regions that really like them. Just don't treat them like European bees.

Antonyraison...Africanized bees here in the states are not the same as African bees. They are more of a hybrid mix between African bees and European bees. African bees are probably more aggressive.

hunter63
10-31-2016, 11:49 AM
If you want a fire with,...... matches, lighters, lens, ferro rod, flint and steel. chemicals, fire piston, battery and paper clip (or ball point pen spring)....friction fire methods....road flares.....
Hang out with a smoker.....even if he has to break out your head light and use the hot element, or stand out in a lighting storm.....
Even on the moon.

M118LR
10-31-2016, 12:14 PM
Remember when motor vehicles came standard with a cigar/cigarette coiled element lighter?
But I think 50 was the largest ring gauge that would fit?

Wildthang
10-31-2016, 01:30 PM
Know why old timers kept matches in the bathroom?

M118LR
10-31-2016, 01:47 PM
Know why old timers kept matches in the bathroom?

Is this going to be a first person testimonial?

hunter63
10-31-2016, 01:56 PM

Didn't mind the matches....Hate "Gramma spray...."

M118LR
10-31-2016, 02:02 PM
Didn't mind the matches....Hate "Gramma spray...."

That's why you light the scented candle with a match.

Faiaoga
10-31-2016, 03:38 PM
I have never quite understood why matches seem to have gone out or fashion. Growing up, matches were really the only method used to light a fire when camping. The "one match fire" was considered to be a mark of basic competence for a camper or for a person lighting a barbecue grill or fire place. Because I have never smoked, cigarette lighters were never my thing - and the only other major need I had was for the spark lighting gadgets needed to light Bunsen burners.

I somehow missed out on the beginnings of ferrocerium rods as the true mark of an outdoorsman. When working summers in SE Alaska, we always made a noon fire with kitchen matches carried in a match safe, and we had little trouble making fires in that wet environment. Of course, we were give sandwiches wrapped in wax paper, so there was no problem obtaining kindling to start the fires. Now, it seems that a person with a match safe in his pocket must hang his head in shame.

I also have had good luck carrying boxes of safety matches wrapped in a plastic bag - even in the tropical rain forest. These always seemed to stay dry enough to light fires when needed.

Matches are inexpensive and work well. There are also plenty of interesting match safe designs from plated brass to plastic and many other designs. www.matchsafe.org is a website for a group of match safe collectors. :p

kyratshooter
10-31-2016, 04:33 PM
Not to digress about the usefulness of matches, and the match safes you carry them in, but I have noticed that all the plastic match safes I buy for $.98 at Walmart have a ferrocarbon striker rod embedded in their base. I think it is so you can start a fire when your limited supply of matches runs out.

Matches have fallen out of favor over the years due to their bulk and delicacy.

3,000 lights off a single Bic lighter? That would be about enough matches to fill up a GI ammo can if stacked tightly. And even a Bic lighter will finally dry out if submerged. It just takes a few minutes to dry it out. You get your matches wet and everything is over.

And the spark rod will work when wet, with cold hands, in high winds and no matter what the temperature is.

But like Hunter said, you want a fire starter then hang out with a guy that smokes. And if you really want to see some tricks find a guy that smokes and has been to prison!

I have seen every trick in the book including several that you would never imagine worked out in prisons and detention centers. I have seen people light cigarettes off of batteries and foil from a gum wrapper! Have seen people stick paper clips into the wall plugs and short it out with foil for a light.

hunter63
10-31-2016, 05:12 PM
I can recall the BSA Camp days of the 2 match fire race....two man teams.

The race was to build a fire the was lit with 2 matches, one match got you bragging rights....build tall and hot enough to burn thru a piece of hemp baling twine.

This involves finding and gathering tinder,.....bigger tinder,.... bigger sticks and than bigger sticks to increase the height and keep burning.....with found materials....except the two matches.
Did not specify what, where, or how to use those materials....just burn thru the twine.

OR walk to marsh, grab several cattail stalks with heads on them....wipe on some pine sap on the way back.....stick in ground...under the twine.
Light sap covered head with match...burn thru twine in a few seconds....or lacking sap....stich one match in cattail head, light with the other.

Were asked to sit out other races...??????
Don't know why?

M118LR
10-31-2016, 05:49 PM
When you survived the antarctic waters and pulled yourself ashore on the windward beach, what did you use to strike the tinder to light your fire of unimaginable fuel? How long did it keep you alive? Perhaps I recollect extremes that others should not conceive of???????????????

hunter63
10-31-2016, 07:40 PM
Most likely died?.....
If not,... Hey Kudo's, buy a lottery ticket .

I try not to have to deal with that.....

kyratshooter
10-31-2016, 08:19 PM
M118lr, Getting washed up on the windward shore of an Antarctic island ranks right up there with a zombie apocalypse and being attacked by a T-rex in my list of expected disasters which will be encountered!

I am going to check out of the BS contest and go play with some matches.

M118LR
10-31-2016, 11:39 PM
Most likely died?.....
If not,... Hey Kudo's, buy a lottery ticket .

I try not to have to deal with that.....

I don't believe I'll ever have to consider it again myself. Mcmurdo, tullee, shemya, etc are no longer on the flight plan. Future travel is probably only Georgia & Florida, so perhaps it is best to leave the past in the past. But should you ever find yourself in such a situation I strongly recommend that you cut out an ice block shelter with the wire saw from your survival tin and use your match to light the triple wick candle. Your still going to be cold, but it gives you something to due until you get rescued.

Rick
11-01-2016, 06:46 AM
Hey, they've got that DNA grow stuff so the T-REX problem might not be that far fetched......Oooh. My coffee just vibrated.......

Wildthang
11-01-2016, 12:16 PM

No smarty pants! A burning match got rid of the poop smell! Burning sulfur desensitizes the nose!

M118LR
11-06-2016, 09:03 PM
No smarty pants! A burning match got rid of the poop smell! Burning sulfur desensitizes the nose!

Ever wonder how a "Courtesy Flush" got it's name??????

Now if your in the half moon house, better sniff that match prior to entry. LOL.

Pennsylvania Mike
11-07-2016, 09:11 AM
Talking about matches, going back to the mid 60's, do you remember the match safe for paper matches? I bet you may not unless you were an outdoorsman during that time.
The name was "Sportsman DRI-PAK Matches", a plastic safe made to keep paper matches from getting damp due to body sweat or rain, but it was not inmertion proof, maybe for a very short while. I used to have several but only this one survived stored in my survival kit of that time preriod ( a large Band-Aid tin wrapped in waterproof tape).

Pennsylvania Mike
11-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Sorry about the poor quality picture, hre's a close up.

hunter63
11-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Wow, haven't seen on of those for a long time.......Thanks for the memories.

After dropping my smokes in the swamp I went to the plastic cigarette....that kept having stuff added to it so ended up as the first PSK I ever made.....and carried another one for the smokes....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/hunter63/latest%20down%20loads/bobcrop1_zpsj1bcbusl.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/hunter63/media/latest%20down%20loads/bobcrop1_zpsj1bcbusl.jpg.html)

Plastic box left side.......The other left...
Right side....LOL

crashdive123
11-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Yep. Plastic case for book matches and another for cigarettes. Of course the one for cigarettes had a place for matches too. Haven't had either for quite a few years.

madmax
11-07-2016, 08:23 PM
I lighted them on the zipper of my jeans to light my Marlboros. After taking the cig pack out of my T shirt sleeve. Fonzee. Can someone help me out of my chair?

Pennsylvania Mike
11-07-2016, 10:18 PM
I remember the plastic cigarettes cases, the one I remember came in light blue, light green, semi-clear, and yes they had the form for the paper book of matches, I used to smoke back then, quit when my wife was carrying my son, man that was 42 years ago. I think I bought that plastic match safe back in 1968.

Seniorman
11-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Speaking of match safes, when I was a kid in the Boy Scouts and also just busting around out in the boonies camping, hunting, fishing, etc., I and my buddies used an empty Prince Albert or Sir Walter Raleigh tobacco can for our "match safes." We'd wrap some strike anywhere stick matches in wax paper (from mom's kitchen), put them in the tobacco can, seal the lid with the old style electric tape, and carry the can in a hip pocket of our jeans or the pocket of our hunting jackets.

Never once in all the years I used matches did I have a problem with one from my Prince Albert "Match Safe." :thumbs_up:

S.M.

hunter63
11-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Cheroots work better....Makes you feel like Clint Eastwood.....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/hunter63/Kentucky_Cheroots_Box_Cigar_zpswtnicxj8.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/hunter63/media/Kentucky_Cheroots_Box_Cigar_zpswtnicxj8.jpg.html)