PDA

View Full Version : 2night solo

Antonyraison
10-21-2016, 04:20 AM
Part of our survival training, we have a specific course/module/practical to reach what our school terms Survival Ranger(summit award)
called 2 night solo, whereby only experienced enough students are allowed to participate in, this only happens very rarely when there are at least 4 people that are at this level (1st I have seen of it in my 2 years of learning)
I have reached this stage, and now I am on a one on one learning experience that will commence with head instructor, to reach Ranger and instructor level;
here are videos of myself and 2 other friends doing our "monitored" 2 night solo (48hours) split into 3 parts of about 20-25min each, but basically documents this 2 night solo Module of our course.

Part1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_X_Az4tcY

Antonyraison
10-21-2016, 04:21 AM
Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKsZkyzsZbw

Antonyraison
10-21-2016, 04:23 AM
part3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uohyMtU7B1k

hunter63
10-21-2016, 09:09 AM
Did you make a "trailer" version....or "Highlight reel"?

Antonyraison
10-23-2016, 05:55 AM
Unfortunately not. I may do so though

hunter63
10-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Just a comment.....
These vids are interesting for 5-10 min.....20+ not so much.....
Good material.....but the internet has ruined my attention span.....and a remote hot spot means slow load and a lot of buffering for me.

theJman
10-23-2016, 04:01 PM
For me they were a bit long as well, so I just skipped around some.

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time though, which is what the trip was really for. That area is beautiful as well - wish there was something like that where I live.

Antonyraison
10-24-2016, 03:14 AM
I was worried that they maybe too long, thanks for the feed back,
I try and make a short version of all these, and keep these up as well for anyone interested to see the full one.

finallyME
10-25-2016, 05:38 PM
On my youtube channel, I took a weeklong backpacking trip and condensed it to about 20-30 minutes. Most people get bored watching it. I don't really put up trip reports on youtube anymore. Of course, don't let that distract you. Youtube is free. Put up what you want to put up. Don't worry about what other people say. There are many channels that I would never watch, yet a whole lot of people watch them and apparently enjoy them.

Other than that... congratulations! It looked like a lot of fun.

Antonyraison
10-26-2016, 02:40 AM
On my youtube channel, I took a weeklong backpacking trip and condensed it to about 20-30 minutes. Most people get bored watching it. I don't really put up trip reports on youtube anymore. Of course, don't let that distract you. Youtube is free. Put up what you want to put up. Don't worry about what other people say. There are many channels that I would never watch, yet a whole lot of people watch them and apparently enjoy them.

Other than that... congratulations! It looked like a lot of fun.

Thanks man, mostly to keep for my record and to easily distribute to my family.... but mostly still experimenting with the types of videos, the length and content,etc to see what would be better.

finallyME
10-27-2016, 12:05 PM
Thanks man, mostly to keep for my record and to easily distribute to my family.... but mostly still experimenting with the types of videos, the length and content,etc to see what would be better.

'xactly! Youtube is a convenient place to store a video for posterity.