PDA

View Full Version : Tonic Water

kyratshooter
10-04-2016, 01:11 AM
I have some pretty bad muscle cramps and the Dr told me to drink half glass of tonic water each night to get the quinine into my system.

This stuff is terrible!!

I can see why the people in the tropics mixed it with Gin and lime to gag it down.

I tried the gin with it and it was worse than the tonic water alone so I just skip that part and go straight to the tonic water and lime. Now I have a fifth of Gin that will never be drunk.

And as long as I am taking the tonic water for the cramps I don't have to worry about malaria.

crashdive123
10-04-2016, 05:22 AM
Add some iodine to it and sell it to a Yankee ---- tell em its Kentucky Bourbon.

Rick
10-04-2016, 06:41 AM
Man. I strongly urge you to get a second opinion. You would have to drink the whole dang bottle to achieve the level of quinine that used to be prescribed. I guess it doesn't hurt since it's tonic water but it doesn't fix the problem either. There are tons of reasons you can have leg cramps including the meds you are taking. The real benefit of drinking water before bed is you have to get up more often to go pee thereby exercising your legs more. (insert bazinga here)

Pennsylvania Mike
10-04-2016, 09:36 AM
If you like to eat lamb, use the Gin to marinade the lamb with and your favorite spices.

kyratshooter
10-04-2016, 04:47 PM
I am not marinating anything with this crap! While it might pickle the meat it would add three layers of BAD to the meal and make me wish I had just thrown the poor creature directly on the fire.

It is the awfullest tasting stuff I have ever tried to consume. I can not understand how anyone could become an alcoholic if this was all they had available!

I suppose I am too accustomed to my smoother and calmer corn squezzins' of local production.

Rick
10-04-2016, 08:28 PM
My grandfather always had a bottle of gin on him. Now you know why he was such a miserable old cuss.

hunter63
10-04-2016, 08:35 PM
Hagar The Horrible walks into a bar.....
Bartended says....."What will it be?"
Hagar,.."I'll have a Beefeater Martini very, very dry.....gently stirred, not shaken....with a pearl onion...."
Barthender, "All we have is Hooch"
Hager..."That works"

Wise Old Owl
10-04-2016, 08:53 PM
OK quick *** question are you on high blood pressure meds? - better yet what meds are you taking. (looks like you are discussing a side affect of taking medication)

Wise Old Owl
10-04-2016, 08:54 PM
If you like to eat lamb, use the Gin to marinade the lamb with and your favorite spices.

I just want to give you a HIGH FIVE and a DOWN LOW!

1stimestar
10-06-2016, 03:21 AM
TRy a shot of vodka and a squeeze of lime.

Wildthang
10-18-2016, 12:32 PM
I honestly think that unleaded gasoline would taste much better than gin!

edr730
10-18-2016, 04:48 PM
The old epsom salts soak is pretty decent for muscles and cramps. I always go for salt and water also when I get some muscle problems or injuries.

tundrabadger
10-20-2016, 01:42 AM
It's quite good mixed with cranberry juice assuming you aren't on blood thinners. Add a lime wedge and i looks sort of like a cocktail, which is great camouflage for if you go on the wagon and wind up getting invited to a fancy party

hunter63
10-20-2016, 11:38 AM
It's quite good mixed with cranberry juice assuming you aren't on blood thinners. Add a lime wedge and i looks sort of like a cocktail, which is great camouflage for if you go on the wagon and wind up getting invited to a fancy party

Yeah, if you want a girly-man cocktail .....What are you gonna call it a "A Pucker and Tonic"?

LOL
Bazinga...Joke....just picture you walking around with that tiny glass, with pinky UP.....LOL

tundrabadger
10-20-2016, 11:46 AM
Yeah, if you want a girly-man cocktail .....What are you gonna call it a "A Pucker and Tonic"?

LOL
Bazinga...Joke....just picture you walking around with that tiny glass, with pinky UP.....LOL

Pinky up is for teacups, you boor! Wheras we all know that fruity cocktails are more properly consumed by holding the glass in your left hand and using a sugar spoon to transfer the drink to your mouth, bit by bit. As per Miss Manners. You can look it up.

hunter63
10-20-2016, 11:54 AM
Pinky up is for teacups, you boor! Wheras we all know that fruity cocktails are more properly consumed by holding the glass in your left hand and using a sugar spoon to transfer the drink to your mouth, bit by bit. As per Miss Manners. You can look it up.

Gotta go look that one up for sure....Miss manners you say.....
Bhohahaha

We just put stuff in a paper bag.....gulp some down from the bottle......and make a wincy face.....seem straight tonic would fit that.

tundrabadger
10-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Gotta go look that one up for sure....Miss manners you say.....
Bhohahaha

We just put stuff in a paper bag.....gulp some down from the bottle......and make a wincy face.....seem straight tonic would fit that.

It's better with lime if you make that credible somehow.

in all seriousness, now I want some tonic water. I blame Kyrat for this.

hunter63
10-20-2016, 01:41 PM
....And now I have a hankering for lime.......LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxC3M-Yngs&hl=de&gl=DE

tundrabadger
10-20-2016, 03:23 PM
And now it's stuck in my head. I might be forced to escalate this. Maybe a little ditty about, oh, verdant cold blooded megafauna for example.

Rick
10-20-2016, 05:27 PM
Yeah, that or green anaconda.

hunter63
10-20-2016, 06:40 PM
Oh. Nooooo....Not the dreaded Green Anaconda

DSJohnson
02-06-2017, 12:22 AM
I am never going to learn...just cruisin' along catchioing up on the new posts and WHAM Green Anaconda at 12 O'Clock,,, <SMH> really...in a thread about tonic water no less

hunter63
02-06-2017, 01:04 AM
Hummm, maybe THATS what DW means, when she says......"Grow Up....Not just old"

kyratshooter
02-06-2017, 04:23 PM
I am never going to learn...just cruisin' along catchioing up on the new posts and WHAM Green Anaconda at 12 O'Clock,,, <SMH> really...in a thread about tonic water no less

You know the deal DS, staying on topic around here is like herding cats and provides part of the entertainment value attached to the site.

If you come in late on a thread God only knows what you will be in the middle of. I think the Brits have a term for such shock called "Gobsmacked".

DSJohnson
02-07-2017, 12:48 AM
Yes that is exactly what I was thinking. I love reading the old threads. I am always amazed at the interesting and sometime almost unexplainable twists and turns. And of course sometime whole posts seem to just disappear. That makes it a little more challenging to follow at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter63
02-07-2017, 01:16 AM
Just an observation...

Many older threads seem to collect "drive-by, one posters" (a LOT of them)...post after 3 years (or whatever) like it was yesterday....

Used to make wonder if anyone reads the dates and posts...Then realize that they may have found their way here but doing a Google search on the subject...to find their way here.
I was doing a search on using dry beans, and different way of mixing bread...to find this place.

Everyone was helpful.....and I just stayed around.