PDA

View Full Version : Food Prices Tripiling

Omid
05-11-2008, 07:08 PM
I am being really cheap, buying only when on sale and limiting everything. I go look for coupons from internet and the paper. its really annoying, and it is too expensive.

what doo you do to save money

Mountaintrekker
05-11-2008, 08:47 PM
$8.00 for a gallon of Minute Maid Orange juice over here. I wait until the half gallons are about to expire and they push them out at $2.99. I've always hit the day old bread cart etc. in the store. We make some great finds with sweet rolls and stuff.
I miss the Hostess outlet near my mom and dad's place in Wisconsin. We used to get 10 fruit pies for a buck and boxes of crumb cakes for dirt cheap, probably why I need to go to the dentist again. :)
I always buy the bread that they bake in house rather than a name brand. Better quality at half the price, and it's fresh!

DOGMAN
05-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Grow some of your own food. Even if you live in an urban area you can have a small raised bed or container garden. Get chickens, lots of suburbs don't have laws restriciting them and they can live in a small area- fresh eggs are great, and far cheaper than buying them weekly. Raise rabbits- eat them.

Hunt- kill a few deer a year and you can feed yourself and others well. Make it into sausage, ground venison (you can make taco's, bugers, lasagna...anything really) out of it. Learn about edible plants and mushrooms in your area, go pick them. These few things can really cut your food bill.

RobertRogers
05-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Its only going to become more expensive too. This does not look good.

Sam Reeves
05-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Grow some of your own food. Even if you live in an urban area you can have a small raised bed or container garden. Get chickens, lots of suburbs don't have laws restriciting them and they can live in a small area- fresh eggs are great, and far cheaper than buying them weekly. Raise rabbits- eat them.

Hunt- kill a few deer a year and you can feed yourself and others well. Make it into sausage, ground venison (you can make taco's, bugers, lasagna...anything really) out of it. Learn about edible plants and mushrooms in your area, go pick them. These few things can really cut your food bill.My goal this year is to raise/kill at least half of what we consume. It wouldn't be hard for me and ole' lady but the kids got to have them Yoohoos, tater chips and fudge pops.

TrappinGal
07-10-2008, 05:35 PM
alot of the stores here(Krogers) are having really big sales. i think its to give people the incentive to shop with them.with 10 for ten values. couple that with coupons and i make out ok.

i saw porkchps for .99 pound last week.

i have wild boar in the freezer along with elk and atelope mule deer and deer so i ddint need any but it was a good deal.

Sourdough
07-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Relax, The government has everything under control.....Relax, relax.

Easy for me to say, I just had 600 pounds of U.S.D.A. superfine prime moose steak walk across the yard.

crashdive123
07-10-2008, 06:12 PM
But did it get OUT of the yard?

Sourdough
07-10-2008, 06:30 PM
But did it get OUT of the yard?

YEP.......The season opens on the 20th of August. He was a nice Two year old.

trax
07-11-2008, 11:00 AM
YEP.......The season opens on the 20th of August. He was a nice Two year old.

aw man, that's good eating, nice and tender still.

owl_girl
07-11-2008, 11:31 AM
I’m gardening some this year. Tomatoes, squash, eggplant, and rhubarb. I’ve been picking a lot of berries too. my family tries to buy locally when they can

Beo
07-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I never could understand the people that bought bottled water for a dollar, noe its a $1.35 here and they still buy it.
Thinks that make ya go... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/CaptSkippy/Beer-1.jpg