PDA

View Full Version : Grilled corn in its husk

pgvoutdoors
06-25-2016, 10:30 PM
My son and I went on a overnight fishing trip the other day and he was nice enough to make dinner for us that night. One of the side dishes he made was grilled corn. Most of you I'm sure have grilled corn and more than likely have done it the way he did it, but I hadn't. Now this is just plain ordinary sweet corn without any seasoning, cooked in its husk. The thing is I've always pulled back the husks and remove the corn silk in preparation, then pulled the husks back over the corn and tied it. He did not! Actually all he did was wait for the fire to burn down to hot coals then put the corn on the fire grade to cook. He didn't even soak the corn in water first. He turned it every so often for about twenty minutes and it was ready to eat. When he pulled the husks back almost all of the silk pulled back with it. The lack of removing the corn silk didn't effect the taste in any way. What a time savor though.

So for you that have been doing it the way I have you might want to give this a try.

hunter63
06-25-2016, 11:21 PM
That's pretty much the way we grill sweet corn.
We usually soak the whole thing in some water for while.....but not always.
Silk has never been a problem....why would you pull it out?....

Latest one I heard of... was bacon wrapped sweet corn...Haven't tried it yet....but gonna for sure....LOL
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/bacon-wrapped-corn

pgvoutdoors
06-26-2016, 01:26 AM
I believe I started removing the silk because I normally season the corn and because of that I just kept doing it. I've noticed many grilling books recommend removing the silk as well.

I have made beacon wrapped corn and it is very good. I like to season the corn with Cajun seasoning and butter, but there are so many ways to prepare corn.

hunter63
06-26-2016, 01:33 AM
I spent many company picnics putting my time I the corn roaster booth.
Came in a big gunny sacks, dumped in a horse trough, the loaded on the revolving belt to roast over charcoal.....

Come out the other side, peal them and hand them out.......100's and 100's......LOL

Many way to make it for sure......now I'm hungry.

LowKey
06-26-2016, 06:44 AM
I've never tried grilling corn.
How long do you leave it to cook?

crashdive123
06-26-2016, 06:47 AM
I have tried it the way your son does it and it works well.

My go to method is to remove the husk and silk, wrap it in foil along with a generous portion of Pace salsa. Adds a little kick to the sweetness.

hunter63
06-26-2016, 10:42 AM
I've never tried grilling corn.
How long do you leave it to cook?

Mostly we leave the husk on and its about 10-15 min per side, husk is pretty burnt...... husk off about 10 min....need to watch.
Never tried salsa.....maybe a new method for us.