PDA

View Full Version : How to make Mchadi (Georgian Corn Bread)

gcckoka
04-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Hey guys , if you will be interested I show how to make a Georgian traditional corn bread , only thing missing is you have to fry it in some kind of oil or butter or you can also bake it in oven without anything just make sure to add some salt , doesn't matter how you make it. Hope you like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hqSku4QczA

Rick
04-12-2016, 08:15 PM
That was excellent. I loved the "Oh yeah." You would fit in at any campfire here in the States. When you hear the "Oh, yeah," you know it's perfect. Nice job.

kyratshooter
04-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Helps if you mix the dry ingredients up in a portion size plastic bag when you prep for the trip. Just add water and mush it up inside the bag.

One real good "bushcraft" trick is to plan out your snacks/meals for cooking ease. I like to cook a bit of bacon first, then fry a sliced apple in the bacon grease, then finish up by frying the cornbread in what is left of the same grease. The cornbread will usually use up all the grease so you can just wipe the pan out and you are done. That used to be one of my favorite trekking meals when I was re-enacting the frontier. Nothing in that meal requires refrigeration or extra oil or seasoning. Especially true if you use good smoked and salt cured bacon.

Excellent video.

Also good conversation, even if I was not there in person.

hunter63
04-12-2016, 09:22 PM
Cool vid nice job......
It always amazes me that with all the cooking gear out there these days...the old GI KIT is still a valuable tool....
Thanks for posting.

kyratshooter
04-13-2016, 12:28 AM
GI mess kit and the canteen cup!

Faithful friends of campers for 75 years, from the U.S. to Eastern Europe.

Yep, I think gcckoka is one of us.

I don't know how many times I have driven for an hour and walked another hour just to build a fire and boil a cup of coffee.

1stimestar
04-13-2016, 12:32 AM
Ohhhhh yeaaaaa. Looks delicious!

gcckoka
04-13-2016, 03:29 AM
Thank you guys ! you guys are inspiration and motivation for me to go out in the woods and shoot new videos , it is a really hard work but it is worth for such good words towards me :)

crashdive123
04-13-2016, 06:07 AM
Well done.......Oh Yeah!

Billofthenorth
04-13-2016, 03:59 PM
As soon as I saw the scorched mess kit and canteen cup I knew I had to watch this. Good things always come out of those.

gcckoka
04-16-2016, 06:37 PM
Thank you guys :)