PDA

View Full Version : Snakes/Sparklers

Chicago Dan
05-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Ok this is for those who found some value in the original fire cracker kit inclusion post. This time its driveway snakes or sometimes called glow worms.
If you have kids or remember back to some by gone July 4th these are those little black pellets that put out some fire, some smoke(probably toxic) and a long curled, black, carbon "snake". Also the proverbial sparkler, we all know them so I will not bother with details.

I view these as even more dubious then the fire cracker for some of the same reasons but I am interested in your responses.

Of course there are many other 4th of July novelties that could be included but I leave that to your discretion as I don't advocate any of it personally.

Rick
05-08-2008, 05:28 PM
I just had to read this thread. The title Snakes/Sparklers was just too intriguing to let it go.

I think snakes would be an excellent addition. If the time ever comes that a bear thinks it would be really neat to eat me I'd just whip out my snake and mesmerize him. I can almost hear the oooohs and aaaaahs now.

As for the sparkler, I think anything that generates 1800F would make a cool fire starter. (little pun there...hot....cool).

Alpine_Sapper
05-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Joe Dirt: So you're gonna tell me that dont have no Black Cats, no Roman Candles, no Screaming Meemies?

Kickin' Wing: No.

Joe Dirt: Oh come on man, you don't got no Ladyfingers, Buzz Bottles, Snicker Bombs, Church Burners, Finger Blasters, Gut Busters, Zippedy-doodas, Crap Flappers?

Kickin' Wing: No, I don't.

Joe Dirt: You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand and tell me you dont have any Whistling Bungholes, no Spleen Splitters, Whisker Biscuits, Honkey Lighters, Hüsker Düs, Hüsker Don'ts, Cherry Bombs, Nipsy Dazers, with or without the Scooter Stick, or one single Whistling Kitty-chaser?

Kickin' Wing: No.

Joe Dirt: Why?

Kickin' Wing: Because Snakes and Sparklers are the only ones I like.

Rick
05-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Now that was funny!!!!