PDA

View Full Version : Hello from IL

dbldrew
05-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Figured it’s about time I get around to my introduction…

First of all, hello everybody seems like a great site here.

Well to tell a little bit about myself, I’m 35 married, have 2 kids (both girls). I’ve always been into outdoor activities, hunting, fishing, backpacking, paddling, rock climbing, adventure racing. Etc..

As a kid I was very fascinated with Native American Indians, partly because my Grandmother used to go around to the local schools and gave speeches on Native American culture. She would have all of the authentic visual aids, Headdress, stone tools, pottery, jewelry, clothes etc. She would do this mainly because we have Cherokee blood, I guess my Great Grandfather was ½ Cherokee, Although looking at me I look completely Caucasian.

I also got into wilderness survival as a kid, fueled by my fascination with Native American Culture, and reading the Tracker, by Tom Brown. That set me down the path to read his Field Guide to Wilderness survival. Which got me out into the woods to test out my newly learned skills.

Now I re-read the Tracker a few years ago, and there is a saying that you should never meet your boyhood heroes. That’s kind of how I felt after reading the Tracker again as an adult. Now I have never meet Tom Brown, but it seems that he did a lot of embellishment, and poetic licensing to say the least.

Well enough of my random ramblings…

Drew

crashdive123
05-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Hello and welcome.

nell67
05-08-2008, 02:45 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Aurelius95
05-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the intro. Glad to have you on the forum.

Rick
05-08-2008, 07:10 AM
Welcome home.

trax
05-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Glad to meet you, enjoy the forum.

dbldrew
05-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome

AKS
05-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the welcome

You bet! Welcome to forum. Looks like you have been a member longer than me so you already know that these guys are helpful and encouraging as long as you don't put misinformation out there and you do think about what you post before you post it. :) Otherwise they get angry! :eek:

Chicago Dan
05-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Welcome fellow flatlander.
Enjoy the site. Lots of useful info and even more kidding.;)

Rick
05-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Flatlander? Only a Cook County boy would use that term. You've obviously never been to Little Egypt.