PDA

View Full Version : mostly what's needed, is your EDC pistol and a rental satellite phone. :-)

taint
03-03-2016, 11:08 PM
a longarm, etc, won't help you if you're sick or hurt, or cut off by a fire, flood, avalanche, etc. that's my "introductory" thought for the day. :-) if it's shtf, you don't want a bolt action, nor a shotgun, much less a single shot, and you'll want luminous sight inserts, chromed bore and chamber, rapidfire, AP performance, 223 and .22lr options and a sound suppressor . :-) Cause the woods will be full of well armed, desperate people, some of whom will shoot you on sight. It only takes one, after all. Forever being dead will inhale sharply.

crashdive123
03-04-2016, 06:09 AM
You must have some rough woods where you are. I go to the woods often and never ran into
Cause the woods will be full of well armed, desperate people, some of whom will shoot you on sight.

Rick
03-04-2016, 07:18 AM
You have a common thread that runs through most of your posts. It's all about death and killing and horror and terrible things that are going to happen. Your view on the world is pretty jaded. I'm actually sorry you see the world in terms of .223 with .22 insert instead of listening to the breeze through the trees, sharing time with someone that gives your life meaning and stopping to smell some flowers.

natertot
03-04-2016, 10:18 AM
You have a common thread that runs through most of your posts. It's all about death and killing and horror and terrible things that are going to happen. Your view on the world is pretty jaded. I'm actually sorry you see the world in terms of .223 with .22 insert instead of listening to the breeze through the trees, sharing time with someone that gives your life meaning and stopping to smell some flowers.

I agree. This coupled with the meds he's admitted on, I really hope he has an appointment with the doctor soon. I am not being facetious with that comment either. I really think he needs help for himself and those around him so a much better quality of life can be had.

finallyME
03-04-2016, 10:21 AM
A sat phone doesn't do much in SHTF. If the sat phone would be helpful, then the woods aren't crawling with crazies, and then you wouldn't need an EDC pistol. So.....

hunter63
03-04-2016, 01:09 PM
What's the sat phone for.....????

Wildthang
03-04-2016, 01:12 PM
We shure get some doozies around here!

1stimestar
03-04-2016, 02:48 PM
a longarm, etc, won't help you if you're sick or hurt, or cut off by a fire, flood, avalanche, etc. that's my "introductory" thought for the day. :-) if it's shtf, you don't want a bolt action, nor a shotgun, much less a single shot, and you'll want luminous sight inserts, chromed bore and chamber, rapidfire, AP performance, 223 and .22lr options and a sound suppressor . :-) Cause the woods will be full of well armed, desperate people, some of whom will shoot you on sight. It only takes one, after all. Forever being dead will inhale sharply.

Why keep trying to tell us what WE want? Tell us what YOU want and leave it be. You have no idea what we want.

Rick
03-04-2016, 04:16 PM
How do know when the S is going to HTF so you can rent the sat phone?

crashdive123
03-04-2016, 06:12 PM
How do know when the S is going to HTF so you can rent the sat phone?

http://cdn.worldcupblog.org/www.worldcupblog.org/files/2008/07/miss-cleo.jpg

hunter63
03-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Crash...Y'all on a roll today......Good one......

crashdive123
03-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Some people just bring out the best in me........or is it the cynical in me.......or maybe the inner child in me. Well, one of those.

Rick
03-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Now that's wild. I called that number and Miss Cleo told me you were gonna post that. Is that crazy or what?! Child, that lady be good.

hunter63
03-04-2016, 09:42 PM
I don't think she is that good.....
I sorta recognize her....she looks like the mystic that set up shop at the county fair while we were selling raffles tickets.

He booth was next to the fireman's beer tent....kinda drunky and rowdy....
So she came over to complain...

Al....one of our D.U. guys and manager of the vendors says......"I don't know what your problem is,.... a Mystic should have known where you were gonna be?

natertot
03-04-2016, 09:55 PM
That is funny right there Hunter!