PDA

View Full Version : Rice "UP" every day for the last four days.

Sourdough
05-07-2008, 01:34 AM
Rice up about 2.4% daily every day for the last four days. If you have enjoyed the gasoline price increased the last four years, Your going to be ecstatic with pleasure with what food will do the next four years. But don't worry because food and fuel don't count.........:mad:

Rick
05-07-2008, 06:47 AM
You are such a tulip. A veritable flower bed of reason in this weed strewn lot of life. It's easy to see how your keep such a cheery disposition living amongst those snow capped peaks and watching wild life play in your back yard.

I am going to start taking your advice. I think I'll start spending a good hunk of money just to try and stimulate the economy. I think I'll buy a Remington SXS 20 gauge, a Freedom Arms belt buckle, some 5.11 clothes, a CAT 518 C, a new barn, maybe an H&R 999 or an M-17. No, wait! That's you. My bad.:D

Sourdough
05-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Well, I am not as smart as some, but four years ago I invested in 2,300 gallons of diesels fuel at $1.31 per gallon, and still have about 500 to 600 gallons. Diesel here is $4.43 per gallon today. By my standard that worked out OK. Plus there was no tax on the long term gain. My investment went up over 300% tax free, good in my book.

So three months ago I started investing in a four year supply of food. I expect that food will "NOT" be cheaper in the future, and I plan to keep eating.

RICK, you know the first rule of investing, "Buy low, Eat High". (and no capital gains tax)

klkak
05-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Why is it so hard to understand old people when they try to give advice.

Sam
05-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Why is it so hard to understand old people when they try to give advice.

Klkak, I think we resist it kicking and screaming because when we 'get it' we're old too. lol

Rick
05-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Hopeak. I think Klkak just called you old.:eek:

Alpine_Sapper
05-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Rice up about 2.4% daily every day for the last four days. If you have enjoyed the gasoline price increased the last four years, Your going to be ecstatic with pleasure with what food will do the next four years. But don't worry because food and fuel don't count.........:mad:

Actually, according to Reuters, the price of rice/ton dropped from $998 to between $900-$922 this week. And they prevented Thailand from forming an OPEC style rice mafia (serious...swear to god)

Sourdough
05-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Actually, according to Reuters, the price of rice/ton dropped from $998 to between $900-$922 this week. And they prevented Thailand from forming an OPEC style rice mafia (serious...swear to god)

I believe you, Blomberg.com this morning had it as I stated up 2.4% the last four days........ But I don't care if it is up or down. My next buy will be "SARDINES" about 1,000 more cans, I eat two cans a day, most days...:)

canid
05-07-2008, 04:23 PM
i hear you but i'm all about the herring. i love me some kippers and i'd eat two cans a day if i could afford them. i think i'm getting an anchovy net this year.

Rick
05-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Kippers and Sardines. MMMmmmmmm. With cheese and crackers. MMMmmmmmmm. On a salad. MMMmmmmmm. By themselves. MMMmmmmmm.

Sourdough
05-07-2008, 07:30 PM
The hooligan are running, they just started. I think you have two weeks, All you want.

What is the difference between Herring and Hooligan....?

Herring season is open also.

Alpine_Sapper
05-07-2008, 07:55 PM
What is the difference between Herring and Hooligan....?

One's a fish and one's a...football fan?

dilligaf2u2
05-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Spam! Spam! Spam!

I just got my cracked wheat in and ordered 2 #25 bags of refried ponto beans. The just add water refries. Can we say methane production??

I have an idea I need to get more Bacon and Spam!

Don

Rick
05-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Don - You should have been at my house last night. It was truly SHTF time. I was fixing bacon and had six slices sitting on a paper towel in a plate. I turned my back and when I turned around the plate was empty. My wife's heathen brown poodle poo had jumped up and snagged the paper towel and dragged it and the bacon to the floor. The only thing left was the paper towel and a smiling poodle. It was horrible I tell ya.

trax
05-08-2008, 04:11 PM
mmmm poodle flambe, one of my favorites.

Tahyo
05-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Don - You should have been at my house last night. It was truly SHTF time. I was fixing bacon and had six slices sitting on a paper towel in a plate. I turned my back and when I turned around the plate was empty. My wife's heathen brown poodle poo had jumped up and snagged the paper towel and dragged it and the bacon to the floor. The only thing left was the paper towel and a smiling poodle. It was horrible I tell ya.

Haha... similar thing happened years ago with my brother. He had a black lab, Amos.
Every year the employer where we worked would give all the employees a box of really nice filet mignon steaks from one of those packing houses.
My brother had no patience for grilling so he would take 2 at a time and put in a pie pan under the broiler. One time when he did it, then took them out, he set them on the table and turned around to get something else. Amos jumped up on the table, swallowed the first one whole, grabbed the second one and was chewing as fast as he could while running for a corner to cower in knowing he was going to catch hell. I still remind my brother of that from time to time.

Rick
05-08-2008, 05:14 PM
This little mutt has springs in her legs. She can jump higher for her size than any dog I've ever had. I never thought she would or could have pulled them off the counter. Filets would have been okay but she got my bacon!!!!!

Tahyo
05-08-2008, 05:27 PM
This little mutt has springs in her legs. She can jump higher for her size than any dog I've ever had. I never thought she would or could have pulled them off the counter. Filets would have been okay but she got my bacon!!!!!

Yea, I think I'd be pretty p.o.ed if my dog grabbed my bacon. That'd be a wupping offense around here.

Sourdough
05-08-2008, 11:48 PM
I just checked Blomberg.com and the lead story is rice up everyday for the last (6) six days. Up 4.6 % today, and up 105 % in the last year. But don't take any action, FEMA is on top of any food shortages, and the Federal Reserve Open market committee is on top of any hint of the slightest inflation. Inflation is only 2.1% "NO WORRIES MAN"...:confused:

dilligaf2u2
05-09-2008, 04:29 AM
When I cook Bacon I have to plan on TDW grabbing 4 or 5 slices just as soon as it is done.

Then I always set 4 or 6 aside for my ugly mutt. He has learned to pout and whine as it is cooking to let me know he wants his fair share.

A pound of bacon is always, never enough!

I went threw 5 lbs of bacon last night and I only got 3 bacon and rabbit food sandwiches.

Don

Riverrat
05-09-2008, 06:17 AM
got to ask, how much is bacon down there? 5 pound, it is 4 dollars a pound here....if you want the better stuff.