PDA

View Full Version : Some more frugality

Mountaintrekker
05-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Seeing the post about the homemade tomahawk and now knowing some of you folks like a good something for nothing I thought I'd share.
As some of you know, we are currently in an RV park here in Colorado. I saw the park owner (great guy) and asked him what he plans on doing with all the wind torn tarps people have over their stuff. He pointed over to a big pile under some boards and said "those are from last year, take all that you want".
Well, after some trimming and sealing the ends with a lighter, I now have tarps and covers for all kinds of stuff! I'm going to the store tomorrow and get one of those grommet punches for $5.00 and really do em up.
I made a nice ground cloth for under my shelter tarp, and scores of other things. There must have been a couple of hundred yards of usable good thick material in the pile. Not to mention 100' or so of nylon rope. He said most storage yards and RV parks have this sort of thing.
So, go out and get you some new tarps, ground cloths, pack covers, portable game prep cloths, signal flags, sails for your kayak/canoe, shade structure, Tarzan diapers... whatever.:D

Ridge Wolf
05-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Ohhh... I like tarzan diapers...:D:D

I can just see all of us... men and women running around the woods in Tarzan diapers.. :D:p ROFLMAO..

Sounds like a good name for a rock band.. in the words of Dave Berry...

crashdive123
05-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Good deal. If you need too, you can always make field expedient gromets that are reinforced with duct tape.

Chicago Dan
05-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Love it.

This is a great example of one of my mottos:
Cheap is good,
but free is best.