PDA

View Full Version : Boom Boom Boom Boom

kyratshooter
01-25-2016, 04:48 PM
No, not the blues song.

I just heard a big boom outside in the distance.

Since I live in Kentucky that can mean only one thing.

Someone's house fell off the concrete blocks!

hunter63
01-25-2016, 05:10 PM
Find out how many dogs died......

Rick
01-25-2016, 08:37 PM
Either that or a run away still.

crashdive123
01-25-2016, 09:40 PM
Are you sure it wasn't bang bang bang bang?

Batch
01-25-2016, 09:41 PM
No, not the blues song.

I just heard a big boom outside in the distance.

Since I live in Kentucky that can mean only one thing.

Someone's house fell off the concrete blocks!

And they are going to put another one up in the same place and leave the one down at the base of the hill and then put another outhouse up as a church. They'll be staying in the school bus in the yard.

It all sounds too much to believe until you take a ride on the KY Highway. LOL

natertot
01-25-2016, 09:42 PM
Either that or a run away still.

Stills don't run away! that is why they are called "still"!

crashdive123
01-25-2016, 09:43 PM
I see what you did there.

canid
01-25-2016, 11:12 PM
It's true. You's find it hard to find the motivation too if you were that full of overproof spirits.

kyratshooter
01-26-2016, 12:59 AM
Would you believe that moonshine is sort of scarce in KY.

All we pay is the Federal tax and all the production is right here so moonshiners can't beat the price of bonded whisky, or give the consistency.

And if they can beat the price you sure don't want to drink the stuff!

canid
01-26-2016, 03:05 AM
Would you believe that moonshine is sort of scarce in KY.
All we pay is the Federal tax and all the production is right here so moonshiners can't beat the price of bonded whisky, or give the consistency.

You see, I've seen this problem expressed here before, in the attitude that pure white lightning is where it's at. It doesn't have to be jet fuel that tastes like paint thinner and can be a quality artisan product. In that vein it can top the value of any crafted spirit and surely beat out the commercial swill. I used to make a mean overproof rum with oak and coffee that would, if I cared to brand and market it premium prices anywhere california or oregon hipsters gathered to spend the .com paychecks they clearly weren't spending on intact clothing or deoderant. It doesn't have to be anything so elaborate and unconventional, but the first thing I learned was that making a better product than the commercial stuff was step second only to learning to get a distillate in the first place. The barrier to entry even if you want to play by the rules has gotten better in recent years and there will always be those who will go for the hand crafted thing no matter what costs you need to justify. I hope to do it myself some day.

crashdive123
01-26-2016, 07:29 AM
Speaking of moonshine.........On my recent trip to N. Georgia I had some South Carolina 130 proof Apple Pie. It was FANTASTIC!

natertot
01-26-2016, 07:50 AM
Now I am getting thirsty.......

crashdive123
01-26-2016, 03:52 PM
I did find a recipe that I'm going to try out. I know it won't be the same, but if I can get it close I'll be real happy.......well after a couple of big swigs I should be real happy.

Lamewolf
01-28-2016, 08:57 AM
No, it was their school bus falling off the rocks !

Batch
01-31-2016, 02:14 AM
I did find a recipe that I'm going to try out. I know it won't be the same, but if I can get it close I'll be real happy.......well after a couple of big swigs I should be real happy.

My father-in-law from Indiana makes what he calls "apple pie moonshine" using store bought vodka. LOL

That my friends is not moonshine. You aren't a moonshiner till you have run a still. Cocktail mixing doesn't cut it.

Down here a quart of moonshine is $20. Which is .25 gallons. A 5th of Bulleit Rye cost me about $29 for a 5th.

kyratshooter
01-31-2016, 03:42 AM
That's why moonshine is scarce in KY.

I can buy a fifth of Jim Beam for $15 and some of the reserve brands are only $30.

The last bottle of Evan Williams I bought was $22.

And you guys are talking about "craft distilling" of moonshine when much of the moonshine offered is not something you would want to consume. They combine the meths with the run and God only knows what was swimming around in that mash tank, then there is the radiator they used to condense the run.

crashdive123
01-31-2016, 06:20 AM
Well, I made some yesterday.................and it is pretty darn good.