PDA

View Full Version : Dual Survival, new crew

kyratshooter
01-25-2016, 02:32 AM
What do you guys think of the new hippie and new Rambo they have recruited?

crashdive123
01-25-2016, 06:55 AM
Didn't watch. Too much false drama on past episodes to bother to tune it.

Zack
01-25-2016, 07:51 AM
Didn't watch. Too much false drama on past episodes to bother to tune it.

Yes. Too much drama for me.

Coppercup
01-25-2016, 12:06 PM
What do you guys think of the new hippie and new Rambo they have recruited?

I don't think about it. In the time that people spend watching this drivel, they could be out side living their own life for real, practicing and learning, and having fun.
Why spend and hour of your life looking at images on a screen pretending to represent actual people, that are pretending to be in a "survival situation", and pretending that what they are doing is instructive, educational and entertaining.

Bill goes out and starts his own fires, makes his leather items, walks in his own forest area, identifies his own plants, plans his own shelters, cooks his own food.
Don't be like the guy who watches images on a screen by the hour of these activities.
Be Like Bill, live your own life, enjoy your own reality.

My two pennies worth.

hunter63
01-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Is Ruth on it?......
If not....I'll pass....didn't watch the last two after Cody....and the one that isn't named.

crashdive123
01-25-2016, 04:34 PM
I don't think about it. In the time that people spend watching this drivel, they could be out side living their own life for real, practicing and learning, and having fun.
Why spend and hour of your life looking at images on a screen pretending to represent actual people, that are pretending to be in a "survival situation", and pretending that what they are doing is instructive, educational and entertaining.

Bill goes out and starts his own fires, makes his leather items, walks in his own forest area, identifies his own plants, plans his own shelters, cooks his own food.
Don't be like the guy who watches images on a screen by the hour of these activities.
Be Like Bill, live your own life, enjoy your own reality.

My two pennies worth.

Here's where I believe these type of shows can have value.

If done properly, they can introduce new skills to viewers.
They can reinforce skills already possessed.
They can generate interest for the new guy/gal in getting outdoors.
If done poorly they can provide forum entertainment for an eternity.......people are still talking about Bear Grylls staying in motels rather than really "roughing it".

Wise Old Owl
01-25-2016, 08:43 PM
yea I watched it - not happy with the hippie.

Hippie won the round this time... not sure if it was memorable. It's an owl thing.

natertot
01-25-2016, 09:38 PM
I really have not had the opportunity to watch it. Life has dumped a big load on me at the moment. In fact, this is the first time in five days I could even get on here!

billdawg
02-05-2016, 05:14 PM
I watch them. Like anything else it's entertainment. I DVR them and watch when I'm in bed at night usually. Grady, the mil guy was on the last 2 seasons of the Alaska Survival show.

jdbushcraft
02-07-2016, 01:34 PM
I'm very much disliking the hippy and Grady is boring.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

News
02-08-2016, 10:23 AM
It was really nice.