PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone slow?

kyratshooter
01-13-2016, 01:46 PM
Is the forum slow in response to everyone or is it just me?

It is taking forever to change topics and skip through subsections and I am still waiting for one thread to appear from pushing the button early this morning!

My computer is working fine everywhere else on the internet so I am wondering if everyone is having a problem.

hunter63
01-13-2016, 01:57 PM
Seem to be running slow here as well.......
But...I'm getting a lot of "long script running", and "recover web page" errors....on the Yahoo, MSN sites....like all their adds running.....so when I shut them down...the forum seems to speed up.

Midwest Preacher
01-13-2016, 05:12 PM
May just be the server provider. Seen that before. Bandwidth is a problem sometimes.
There's just too many folks online with your internet provider. (Time-Warner is really bad for that sometimes.)

oldsoldier
01-13-2016, 07:12 PM
since I had to buy a new computer ( old one was stolen among other stuff Christmas day) and I'm running windows 10 things actually seem to be faster now.

Rick
01-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Well Merry Danged Christmas. Someone would have to not only be slow but low...really low...to steal on Christmas Day. Have they caught the idiots?

Solar Geek
01-14-2016, 05:34 PM
Not slow for me. Been the same as always on my ASUS laptop.

hayshaker
01-16-2016, 10:00 AM
i think going into your internet history a couple times a day and deleting past searches and posts
might help make things a little better just a thought.

oldsoldier
01-17-2016, 07:01 PM
Well Merry Danged Christmas. Someone would have to not only be slow but low...really low...to steal on Christmas Day. Have they caught the idiots?

We're waiting for him to hand himself. Cops know who did it. It's a druggie relative. Computer wasn't so bad because it was almost toast anyway. BUT while he left the wife's jewelry alone and the firebox under the bed with over $1000 in cash and another 2k in silver rounds. He took a dozen firearms that weren't in the gun safe.

What he didn't realize was.
1. I'd changed the security system to silent while we were gone so cops would be called.

2. While he got away before the cops arrived he Didn't realize I had added 4 more security cameras and we have plenty of good video of him. Cops are waiting to catch him trying to sell the guns so they can get them off the street.
Shame when a family members love for drugs leads them to steal, even worse family.

Rick
01-17-2016, 10:01 PM
Sounds like it's time for a good old fashioned family beat down...I mean.... intervention. The kind that starts out, "this is gonna hurt you a lot more than any of us, so....".

pete lynch
01-18-2016, 05:50 AM
The Chrome web browser caches seemingly everything and will fill up it's cache rapidly, even if you never use it.

http://www.guidingtech.com/1662/clearing-cache-in-google-chrome/

oldsoldier
01-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Sounds like it's time for a good old fashioned family beat down...I mean.... intervention. The kind that starts out, "this is gonna hurt you a lot more than any of us, so....".

Have a couple of prior marine buddies that are going to take him "hunting" next month when the wife and I are gone on an overnight "vacation"

Rick
01-18-2016, 09:13 PM
Works for me. There's a lot to be said for plausible deniability.

canid
01-29-2016, 10:09 AM
I often get called slow on forums. I wonder if it's related.

Rick
01-29-2016, 01:16 PM
Your cash is probably full. Time to buy something.

hunter63
01-29-2016, 02:45 PM
Your cash is probably full. Time to buy something.

I saw what you did there........Pretttty slick.....