PDA

View Full Version : how do you keep your equiptment with you

carpet_ninja
05-05-2008, 04:52 AM
the title asks most of the question but what i want to know is for just at home not for camping or anything.
do you use a belt, a bag or anything else?

i apologise for that, i just couldn't think of how to say it, hope you can understand it :)

dilligaf2u2
05-05-2008, 06:40 AM
I have a Mora Clipper( in leather sheath), a Leatherman Crutch and a Leatherman Supper Tool on my belt as EDC(Every Day Carry). The Pock-its pouch has the tools, ferrocerium (sparking material), Gerber solstice and the Mini Mag flashlight. With my key ring full of tools and what I can get in my pocket. I carry too much, till I need it!

A set of basic survival gear tins is in my travel vest, that I am seldom without.

I thought about renting a pack mule but there are laws about animal cruelty and a mule can only carry so much.

Don

Rick
05-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Carpet - I have a survival key ring that I put together and an Old Timer pocket knife. That's pretty much standard carry no matter what.

crashdive123
05-05-2008, 07:08 AM
For me, pockets, belt and usually either fanny pack or maxpedition versa pack.

carpet_ninja
05-05-2008, 07:35 AM
ok thanks for the advice, the law in britain is so tight now, they've banned bb guns and i would be arrested for carrying a knife, its quite annoying, its all the chavs causing the trouble, and terrible mp's

Ole WV Coot
05-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Well, SAK, SOG FlashII, walking stick, led light, handgun and a few other goodies if I am going outside the house.

Alpine_Sapper
05-05-2008, 08:16 AM
ok thanks for the advice, the law in britain is so tight now, they've banned bb guns and i would be arrested for carrying a knife, its quite annoying, its all the chavs causing the trouble, and terrible mp's

There's a ban on all knives, or just the Rambo style knives? I mean, I typically carry a CRKT locking folder, but it's a misdemeanor in SA. So I found a knife that I can carry legally. A Swiss army knife. An Old Timer. There are all kinds. You may not be able to combat the teeming hordes of mutant zombies after the fallout clears with it, but you can accomplish all kinds of tasks with it and it will help keep your *** alive.

cajun swamp hunter
05-05-2008, 09:48 AM
I would feel I dont know, undressed I guess if I didnt have my knife. I never thought about what it would be like to have to break the law just to carry a tool around.

RangerXanatos
05-05-2008, 10:27 AM
In my pockets and on my belt. I feel naked if I don't have a knife and lighter on me at all times. So during the week when all my time is spent at work and school, I carry a couple of knives (yes, there is a reason for a couple), a couple of lighters, a flint and steel, and a pen and pencil. On the weekends, I remove the pen and pencil, and carry yet another knife. In the winter time, when it gets dark earlier, I carry a mini-mag in my coat inside pocket. None of which anyone can tell that I'm carrying.

Daniel

Ridge Wolf
05-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Leatherman Wave... All the other stuff is stored in my backpack..

DOGMAN
05-05-2008, 06:42 PM
In my pockets or on my belt. More stuff in a backpack when I am out on foot. I also have survival supplies in my saddle bags, and in my dog sled bag. Also, a seperate bag for the 4 wheeler, and snow machine. Then a big ol' plastic tub full of stuff in the truck. Of course the house, and trappers cabin out on my dog training route are all stocked as well. Basically, I got supplies on me all the time, and stashed everywhere I go

klkak
05-06-2008, 12:05 PM
For day to day I keep my stuff in my pockets and on my belt. When I head into the woods, I have an "Airforce Pilots survival vest" and a small pack that weighs just under 20 lbs, every thing else goes on the front rack of my ATV.

Stony
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
it all depends on what i do,where i am and where i am going/driving/flying to.
the seasons play big role also.
not everything is cut and dried.

rebel
05-06-2008, 09:51 PM
not everything is cut and dried.

That's easy for you to say?

Arkansas_Ranger
05-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Well, I carry my wallet with nothing being a survival item unless you want to burn some cash. I also carry about five keys on a key ring, a Swiss Army knife, and a Kershaw Leek series assisted opening knife as well as an ink pen. Oh, I also carry a .32 auto pistol. Now in my vehicle....heh heh heh ;)

trax
05-08-2008, 12:55 PM
In the bush, rifle stays in my hand, knife stays on my belt, bullets, two kinds of fire starter and small knife are all in my pockets. Everything else goes in a backpack, oftentimes (I'm often paddling) rifle and backpack rest in canoe....

dilligaf2u2
05-08-2008, 02:39 PM
I have a pockets pouch on my belt (left side)with a Leatherman Crunch and Leatherman Super Tool in it. A Mini mag is in there too. I carry a Gerber Urban folding tool in my vest pocket and a MORA Clipper on my belt(right side). The SAK is hooked to my key ring.

I have a butane lighter on the key ring and in my left pocket is another butane lighter and my Gerber Infinity. A Zippo (left side) on my belt and in my jeans watch pocket.

Can we say redundant?

I am so glad I am semi retired and work from home! The Boss(Me) never has a problem with my EDC!

TDW and TGF both have SAK's and Palights in there purses. Both have MORA Clippers for when we are going to be out in the Wilds of Suburbia!

Don

Chicago Dan
05-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Here is a bag people type site.
How do you carry all your cr@p site.

http://edcforums.com/

marberry
05-20-2008, 09:49 AM
i wear cargo pants with large pockets (windriver is a good brand) for survival gear such as matches , steel and flint , compass , first aid kit , rain poncho , string , etc. i also wear a CRKT M16-14LE cliped inside my pants at all times and a buck folding alpha hunter & buck nighthawk (7" version) if im outdoors.

Arkansas_Ranger
05-22-2008, 04:09 PM
As we speak, in addition to the above thread of mine relating to my typical pocket gear, I'm wearing a belt (over my other belt), and I've got on pepper spray, a .45 Glock, a pair of handcuffs, a VHF radio, expandable baton, Streamlight Strion flashlight, and two spare .45 magazines. In my work vehicle I have everything else known to man. It's like Noah's ark in my patrol vehicle. ;)

bladefrenzy
05-25-2008, 12:52 PM
I use a County Com B.O.B . Not too big, but has lots of pockets, which can be adjusted a bit. Also has a convertible CC holster in a "hidden" easy to get to pocket. These are very tough and inexpensive. On me at most all times is a Leatherman Charge, Strider SnG or RCC and Fenix p1 in the pocket along with a spark rod. Folding shovel and large tools are in the truck.

Rick
05-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Is County Com the brand name? I can't find it via Google.

bladefrenzy
05-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Sorry it was County Comm. Here's the link to the bag. Most of their stuff is Mil.Spec. The bag looks and feels a lot better than the picture seems to be. Very high quality stuff.

http://www.countycomm.com/BAILOUTBAGGEN5.htm

Rick, is Safe Zone your business? Saw the link and checked it out.

Rick
05-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Yes, it is. I started it a couple of months back.

That would make a nice range bag!

bladefrenzy
05-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes, I am pretty impressed with it. I have room for PSK, Good sized fb knife, lights, bats., lunch, goretex pants and jacket, 2 nalgene or sim bottles. Still have room for much more. Without being bulky or expensive. I don't brag on gear a lot, but this has been worth far more than the price paid.

Nice sight too BTW!

Rick
05-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks. I looked at their other bags and I like this one the best.

dragonjimm
06-03-2008, 03:36 AM
leatherman and long knife on my belt. everything else but the machete goes in a fanny pack.