PDA

View Full Version : Some Interesting Survival Gear Ideas

crashdive123
05-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Found some interesting ideas (some are in production). I know that we've seen the bear punching bag before - the article refers to it as acting like a piņata in the wind. I really like survival cart that looks like it doubles as a hot dog vending cart. http://www.wired.com/gadgets/gadgetreviews/multimedia/2008/05/gallery_survival_gadgets

Aurelius95
05-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Interesting site. My favorite quote so far:

"Thanks a lot Dad. Look at it roll over there. We could have gotten one of those weird cocoon testicles. Now we're dead."

Chicago Dan
05-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Now I know at some point I'll be reading an article about someone caught out in the winter and frozen solid in one of those testicles. Worse would be a picture of two, side by side, with a tree as a back drop. I just don't want to think about what the by-line could say.:(

In truth the cocoon looks like some kind of confinement/torture device that is probably outlawed by the Geneva convention.

Chicago Dan
05-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Your right Crash I think I bought at sandwich from one of those last week.

Very ingenious.
Working all lunchtime feeding the crowds as a regular lunch cart guy then Wham!
You are transformed into an on the road "Mad Max" Survivor.

I'll take one with extra onions please.:D

cabingirl
05-25-2008, 12:34 PM
I do not no where this should be posted, so i hope it gets in the right place.
My husband and I are drilling another water well closer to our cabin. We plan to put a hand pump on this one.It will be a 4" well.
We are down 43 feet and we are in wet sand now, we can't seem to get the sand out of the bottom. I am looking for a water well bailing bucket, this you put down into the wet sand and pull back up and empty the wet sand little at a time, so you can getting deeper into the water.. I can't seem to find one on the internet or with well companies. If any one knows of a place, or some some who sells the bailing bucket,please let me no.

Sourdough
05-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Cabingirl, My understanding is that you cannot hand pump more than 33'......

Have you looked into now hand driving inside the existing well you just dug a "SANDPOINT" use the 2" sandpoint. The sand point will filter the sand. And then use compressed air to push the water up, or a 12 volt pump.

I think after about 30' you need to push the water up, not lift the water with a hand pump, Good Luck.

I think we have a good thread on wells.