PDA

View Full Version : nice wolves and big kitties

hayshaker
11-12-2015, 12:30 AM
i would lkito say that IMHO not all wolves are vicious creatures nor are big cats
one time at the zoo i jumped over the the railing to go up to the cage to pet the sleeping cheeth
buuuut mr cheeth was'nt sleeping after all myself i was half inthe bag when i reached in to pet him
well uh in the speed of light he turned around when he felt my hand.

i sucked in air and lept back as his arm reached out to grab me(bad kitty) see all he needs is love and he would'nt be mean. like wolves thier the same i believe raise'em from a cub and he'll be like a dog.so everyone
who has a vicious wolf avatar he could be a nice wolf, yeah thats the ticket what say you?

Rick
11-12-2015, 06:43 AM
Which also proves that mankind may not be the sharpest tack in the tool kit. That probably answers why the early Homo sp. skull they found had Sibertooth holes in the skull.

http://donsmaps.com/dmanisi.html

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.

hayshaker
11-12-2015, 09:58 AM
at least i got to try it once i love animals that's all
btw it sobers you up in a heatbeat.

natertot
11-12-2015, 11:05 AM
at least i got to try it once i love animals that's all
btw it sobers you up in a heatbeat.

That explains it, he was drunk!!!! :drunk:

hunter63
11-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Now that was a "survival" story.......

Brings to mind the reason for "survival"....sometimes is goes back to the wisdom of the original activity.

Rick
11-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Or.....Hey, ya'll, hold my beer and watch this......

Seniorman
11-12-2015, 02:58 PM
" ... see all he needs is love and he would'nt be mean. like wolves thier the same i believe raise'em from a cub and he'll be like a dog. so everyone who has a vicious wolf avatar he could be a nice wolf, yeah thats the ticket what say you?

Several years ago I watched a documentary on PBS teevee which had to do with wolves, their characteristics and habits, and whether or not they could be "domesticated" within a "loving, caring" human family. The researchers had taken some wild wolves, captured in the back country somewhere in Canada, and bred them. They then took the wolf pups -- pureblood wolves, not hybrids -- cuddled and bonded with them constantly, and after weaning, placed them in homes of the researchers and assistants to raise. The researchers also were raising real dog puppies along with the wolf pups.

For about a year the dog pups and wolf pups got along very well with the research members and their families, but then......

They found the wolf pups becoming adults began to show great aggressiveness both to the other dog pups, and also to the humans who were their kind "feeders" and "family." Soon, the wolf pups, no longer pups, had to be removed and placed back in a wolf sanctuary, later returned to the wild country. They'd become truly dangerous.

On the other hand, the regular dog pups who became adults, were just as placid and normal as one would expect them to be.

Trying to domesticate wolves, or believing they're just like doggies if treated "kindly" ain't hardly the wisest thing.

I'll stick with the mutts. :thumbup1:

S.M.

finallyME
11-12-2015, 03:31 PM
SM, completely agree. Wolves aren't dogs, no matter how you raise them. Hybrids are worse because they are confused as to their identity. Eventually they will all try to be the dominant one in the pack, which means killing the pack leader....like what wolves do in the wild. If you are the pack leader....

I have seen a couple of shows that examine this. Some of them showcase the fox studies done in Russia. They were able to domesticate foxes...but that was with breeding, not different raising methods. They took a large breeding population and then selected the most docile out of them. Then they breed the docile ones together and continued to select just the docile ones and breed them. Eventually they got foxes that looked and behaved like dogs. Floppy ears, barking, attentive to humans, non-natural coloring..etc.
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/mans-new-best-friend-a-forgotten-russian-experiment-in-fox-domestication/

If you have kids or grandkids...I would never recommend a wolf or wolf hybrid as a pet. If you just want something that looks like a wolf, there are breeders that breed dogs to look like wolves. They are 100% dogs.

hunter63
11-12-2015, 03:50 PM
No desire to even try to domesticate wild animals sober or drunk.

BTW ALL cats really want to kill you.....
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/hunter63/funny%20stuff/cat4_zpsb41tb6yk.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/hunter63/media/funny%20stuff/cat4_zpsb41tb6yk.jpg.html)

pete lynch
11-12-2015, 06:05 PM
No desire to even try to domesticate wild animals sober or drunk.

BTW ALL cats really want to kill you.....
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/hunter63/funny%20stuff/cat4_zpsb41tb6yk.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/hunter63/media/funny%20stuff/cat4_zpsb41tb6yk.jpg.html)

That is a fact. They want nothing short of world domination. Or something we have to give them.

WolfVanZandt
11-12-2015, 07:44 PM
Predators are democratic. They take others on on an equal basis. You can develop a close (and even family) relationship with wolves and big cats but you have to remember that they like to play rough and they expect you to take whatever a fellow pack member would take.

Anybody who visits a wolf sanctuary comes away with deeper respect for the animals if they have any capacity for such at all. The wolves at the wolf sanctuary outside Ft. Collins make great use of a campfire. They pull the burning logs out and chase each other around with them. If one "accidently" gets burned, they all gather around and commiserate. They're great fun-loving beasts and if a pack member returns (wolf or human) after a stint away, they crowd around and celebrate their return (that's the only word I have to describe what happens.)

I worked for a while at a camp for disabled folks which also had a animal rescue and rehabilitation unit. I became close friends with the mountain lion, Prince. I had no doubt that, if I wasn't careful, cat play would put me in the hospital (multiply a domestic cat's behavior by about 10 and you'll get the idea). But I couldn't get into his enclosure, anyway. I would just sit against the fence and scratch him on the head between the wires and he would lick me and I'd smell like cat-breath for the rest of the day. He certainly seemed to like me. There was an incident with the bear and a drunk camp counselor and privacy fences went up and that ended my fraternizing with the mountain lion.

My friend with the wolf-dogs - If I didn't go out and let them "inspect" me when I visited, the alpha would use his food bowl as a Frisbee and throw it against he wall of the back of the house until I went out and said "hello."

So many stories......

hayshaker
11-12-2015, 08:57 PM
so are you saying all cats are zionists?

Seniorman
11-12-2015, 11:31 PM
That is a fact. They [cats] want nothing short of world domination. Or something we have to give them.

Speaking of same, here is the difference between cats and dogs.

HOW DOGS AND CATS THINK.

The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 PM - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

1:00 PM - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 PM - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 PM - Dinner! My favorite thing!

7:00 PM - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 PM - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 PM - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.

In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Buttheads!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. I could, however, hear the noises and smell the food.

I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.

The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicating with the Guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe.....

.... For now. :devil2:

S.M.

hayshaker
11-12-2015, 11:40 PM
as for my pow kitties they were fed fresh deer meat as was the dog. this year i'll go long on the deer carasses
for over the winter season. they really seem like that.

pete lynch
11-13-2015, 05:48 AM
Had to give you a little rep for that, SM. LOL

hayshaker
11-13-2015, 10:42 AM
well the this brings me to the question could my cats really be
chinese spies, funny how they seem to meow in manderin,hmmmmmm

finallyME
11-13-2015, 10:49 AM
The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

I almost lost it with this one. :)

finallyME
11-13-2015, 11:01 AM
as for my pow kitties they were fed fresh deer meat as was the dog. this year i'll go long on the deer carasses
for over the winter season. they really seem like that.

You probably already know this...so for other people.
Remember that when you feed dogs raw meat, they need bone with it. It helps them digest the meat. Cats don't need the bone as much, their diet is much more meat-centric. Animal fat is also really good for them. I usually tell the guys in my neighborhood that hunt, that I will take the discarded deer rib cages and other bones. My dogs always have loved to crunch up the ribs. Also, raw bone is best, especially if it is some kind of bird...like chicken. You can feed dogs chicken bones, as long as they are raw. Never feed a dog cooked chicken bones. Whenever I have an old laying hen (2+ yrs old), I will skin it (easier than plucking), gut it, clean out the gizzard, put the gizzard and heart back in the rib cage, clean the feet (don't cut them off), wrap it in a small package in an old shopping bag, and then throw in the freezer. The next day it is chicken-sickle for the dog. I did this for my old malamute before she died. For my new pup, I think I might disguise it a little more so she doesn't associate it with live chickens. For fish, I usually gut it and then freeze it and give to the dog the next day. The only reason I gut it is to make sure there aren't any hooks, even though the guts are pretty nutritious for dogs.

Seniorman
11-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Glad several of you guys got a laugh from that "How Dogs And Cats Think" parody I posted. For the record, I did not create it. Wish I had as it is very imaginatively done, however I read it several years ago on the Internet. I copied it for future use. At that time it was not sourced so I can not credit it to the original author.

Having owned quite a few dogs and cats over the years and observed their many habits, I still get a laugh every time I read the parody. :thumbup1:

S.M.

WolfVanZandt
11-13-2015, 07:09 PM
Glad several of you guys got a laugh from that "How Dogs And Cats Think" parody

(parody???)

Seniorman
11-13-2015, 08:39 PM
(parody???)

Obviously I mistakenly used the incorrect word. Should have said, "satirical comedic piece." I try to be as articulate as possible but sometimes I just screw up. I suppose I'm just getting old in my old age. :crying: Thank you for correcting my flawed vocabulary error. One's education should never cease.

Oh, by the way, just for cheets and grins, you might try to learn the difference between plural and singular pronouns disagreeing with each other in the same sentence. :laugh:

WolfVanZandt - "... Anybody who visits a wolf sanctuary comes away with deeper respect for the animals if they have any capacity for such at all. ...

Best regards.

S.M.

hunter63
11-13-2015, 10:00 PM
SM, You know we were making a funny, Right?

WolfVanZandt
11-14-2015, 02:41 PM
Also, the singular "they" is a option for genderless language. As much as it grinds my molars, I live in a modern world......

Seniorman
11-14-2015, 08:29 PM
Also, the singular "they" is a option for genderless language. As much as it grinds my molars, I live in a modern world......

Well, I can understand modernity, but I'm old fashioned and locked into my grammar lessons from many, many years ago. My old high school English grammar teacher would have beaten me severely about the head and shoulders if I were to mix plural and singular pronouns referring to each other. :laugh:

S.M.

WolfVanZandt
11-14-2015, 10:02 PM
I understand that. I'm not really "into" modernity, but I'm a public figure and, if I'm going too communicate with people, I have to be able to talk their language. Most linguists will tell you (contrary to the grammarians) that the only thing constant about language is - it changes. For instance, "kitty" is pronounced "kit-tea" and that was correct once upon a time. Does anyone today say "kit-tea" - no, they say "kid-dee". Technically, that would be incorrect, but practically, if you went around saying "kit-tea" people would look at you a bit askance. You're actually locked into the grammar of your own generation and that of your father and, maybe, your grandfather. Go a little further back and - well, Shakespeare wrote the way people talked back then. They would have considered your grammar very faulty. Go back to Chaucer's time and no one would understand you at all.

Strunk and White is no longer considered appropriate and, honestly, I don't know how they ever became the experts of the English language - they practically neutered it..

pete lynch
11-15-2015, 05:48 AM
And I thought just us Delawareans dropped our Ts and used Ds.
You know, you say water and I say woulder. lol :)
(BTW, what was this thread about?)

WolfVanZandt
11-15-2015, 06:53 PM
dogs and cats

I nce heard a comedian say the Bostonians got tired of their r's. kicked them out, and they landed in Texas.