PDA

View Full Version : Duck Owners?

ElisaTheDuck
08-31-2015, 10:30 PM
Are there any duck owners here who raise ducks for their eggs or meat? If so, feel welcome to post about all your ducks and what types they are! I myself don't have any ducks, but I partially raised a wild mallard duckling and I know all about raising domestic ducks. I plan on getting getting some Campbells, Indian Runners, and Rouens in the near future to use for eggs. :D

shiftyer1
09-01-2015, 12:35 AM
I never have raised ducks but have raised chickens and this year I have guineas and a tom turkey who thinks he's a guinea.

I have a friend who had 3 ducks huey, duey, and louie. I only met the last one, but I think it was duey? Anyway it would answer to his call, like a dog. He's holler DUEEEY and in a second quack quack quack quack. It was kinda cool. lol

Tootsiepop254
02-08-2016, 06:54 PM
We have muscoveys. Amazing omelets!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Wise Old Owl
02-08-2016, 08:43 PM
ducks are more amazing at laying eggs and delivering meat. I have raised 30 ducks and 30 chickens together without a pond... life is good.

Fixit
02-08-2016, 10:35 PM
I like to slip duck eggs under broody hens. The reaction of the hen when her " little chick " goes for a swim is something to watch .