PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Chihuahua!

portolan
08-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Hi:
I am a retired school district administrator living in Mata Ortiz, Chihuahua. Chihuahua is the largest state in Mexico (geographically) and has wonderful scenery, history, and people. We live on a beautiful year round river and grow fruits, vegetables and pecans. We have horses and chickens and hope to soon add some cattle. I am interested in exploring our many ruins and hiking in our mammoth pine forests. I hope to learn from you all.

Last week we obviously had a visitor to our orchard. I have posted on the general forum in the hope that someone can offer their opinion on what our visitor was? I have tried to figure it out from the various animal tracks websites, but just don't know enough to do so with any assurance.

I look forward to learning and enjoying posting with you all.....best wishes, Phil

Rick
08-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Welcome home.

hunter63
08-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome....
Saw the tracks.....but can't really tell what they are.....sorry

Pennsylvania Mike
08-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Hello and welcome from Virginia.

crashdive123
08-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Hello and welcome.

MrFixIt
08-04-2015, 08:05 AM
Welcome from GA!
Those tracks are obviously the infamous chihuahuacabra. Being from there, I'm amazed you didn't know that!
A stunning example of this elusive creature is featured in my avatar.

;)

TXyakr
08-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Welcome to WS. I would like to hike the mountains there someday. My mother's cousin married someone from there, he planned to live there since he was very young but always got sick in N Mexico back lands so now they live in S. California.