PDA

View Full Version : Dual Survival Cancelled

kyratshooter
07-18-2015, 10:24 AM
Anyone have any dope on the cancellation of Dual Survival?

They have already filmed the next season, apparently with several incidents which together with the legal proceedings against Big Joe, seem to have made their decision easier.

The next season will be their last.

Sarge47
07-18-2015, 11:45 AM
What is this about legal proceedings? I quit watching the show right after Cody left. Didn't like Joe's strutting around all the time. The new guy was great, should put him and Cody together it might be interesting...:cowboy:

Rick
07-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Teti is suing Hawke and a bunch of others. Personally, I think the boy has a screw loose. When you have to get a lifetime restraining order against someone that sort of says something about them.

Sarge47
07-18-2015, 11:57 AM
Never did care for Joe. I lost all respect for him the very 1st episode when he drank his own urine from a helmet. I also seriously doubt his credentials....:ohmy:

Wise Old Owl
07-18-2015, 01:34 PM
Good to know but wasn't that a year ago?

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/entertainment/2014/12/12/discovery-channel-survival-stars-joe-teti-and-mykel-hawke-take-fight-to-the-courtroom/20144075/

hunter63
07-18-2015, 01:47 PM
They are messing with my girl, Ruth.......Naughty, naughty....

Sarge47
07-18-2015, 08:01 PM
They are messing with my girl, Ruth.......Naughty, naughty....

Yeah Joe, leave Ruth out of it or you'll have Hunter down on ya! Trust me, that's a sight to strike fear into the heart of anybody...unless of course he forgets to put his dentures in!...:creepy:

Mischief
07-18-2015, 11:39 PM
About time they woke up about Joe,Bring Cody back and fire the current producers

2imKevin
07-19-2015, 12:59 AM
When the world goes in to termoil or food supply is low in a survival situation you will eat what you can. I know some reality tv over analyze things. But if push come to shove you would do what you have to do. Including plant and sea life... Food for thought. So it does not
mean you have a screw loose to survive..

Phaedrus
07-19-2015, 06:29 AM
I loved the show when Cody was on it but once he left I never watched it again.

Rick
07-19-2015, 07:32 AM
So it does not mean you have a screw loose to survive.

I didn't say he had a screw loose to survive. You misread the post. When someone falsifies their military history, steals from their employer, is considered a dangerous soldier and presents enough danger that a court issues a lifetime restraining order against them then, yeah, I think they have a screw loose. Is that better?

Sarge47
07-19-2015, 07:56 AM
When the world goes in to termoil or food supply is low in a survival situation you will eat what you can. I know some reality tv over analyze things. But if push come to shove you would do what you have to do. Including plant and sea life... Food for thought. So it does not
mean you have a screw loose to survive..

Welcome aboard stranger, why not pop over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself?...:cowboy:

Sarge47
07-19-2015, 08:04 AM
I loved the show when Cody was on it but once he left I never watched it again.

Same here! I did watch bits & pieces of it to see how Cody's replacement did and will say this, He really knows his stuff. He made Joe look like a Tenderfoot! I'd like to see him and Cody matched together!...:detective:

Wise Old Owl
07-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Honest I thought Cody had a screw loose on that barefoot thing. Glad he was able to build a new home on his work.
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5255/5556546102_1734227d8c_z.jpg

kyratshooter
07-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Hmmm,

I thought the 'bush Hippie" was crazier than the rest of them put together. Barefoot in the snow??? Bleeding feet on a glacier? And he did not ever think that catering to his special footwear did not slow anyone down or hinder their progress?

Talk about a narcissistic control freak!

The only reason he is viewed differently from the others is that he did not have a military record to falsify. Wonder why?

TXyakr
07-19-2015, 09:04 PM
Public opinion trial can be rough but if Joe Teti was foolish enough to think he could get away with it and the cable TV network was irresponsible enough to not check out his resume then they will both lose credibility. I will try to reserve judgment. About a year ago I wrote that I thought Joe could benefit from some counseling but that is true of almost anyone who has been in combat.
Cody just gets a little caught up in his trademark barefoot thing. Now that I am older I go barefoot less but many people that I grew up with never wore shoes, they just make you weak. Sock and no shoes on a Glacier seamed ridiculous to me, but I never tried it. I have run around barefoot at a little below freezing. Not a big deal. But ice can slice right through socks and flesh and a sprained ankle could put you out not to mention frostbite as soon as sun sets and temp falls. So that was irrational to me, and a bad example to amateurs. I don't need to call people names or label them or say they are liars but I do respect professional behavior.

Wise Old Owl
07-19-2015, 09:33 PM
Hmmm,

I thought the 'bush Hippie" was crazier than the rest of them put together. Barefoot in the snow??? Bleeding feet on a glacier? And he did not ever think that catering to his special footwear did not slow anyone down or hinder their progress?

Talk about a narcissistic control freak!

The only reason he is viewed differently from the others is that he did not have a military record to falsify. Wonder why?

Plus one - I think you nailed it... you have my vote!

Batch
07-19-2015, 09:52 PM
I think Dave and Matt would be a great show. In the end though it is just a show.

Phaedrus
07-20-2015, 05:05 AM
Honest I thought Cody had a screw loose on that barefoot thing. Glad he was able to build a new home on his work.
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5255/5556546102_1734227d8c_z.jpg

IIRC he's lived there for years, long before Dual Survival came along. Kinda looks like a Hobbit house!

crashdive123
07-20-2015, 05:57 AM
Yep, that home came long before Dual Survivor. As businessman and author he has done well for himself. I say bravo!

WalkingTree
07-20-2015, 06:12 AM
Matt Graham is the one out of most of the different types of shows who I relate to the most personally.

The original two were great, for the intention of the show. Cody and Matt would be a good combo.

I always thought that Cody's barefoot thing was to help give a good mix of demonstrating survival/rescue situations.

I knew something was 'off' with Joe when he jumped back into a dark cave pool of water in a jungle, a dozen feet deep or more, the dive to / climb from the water itself being a dozen feet or more, with all kinds of thick foliage growing in that water...in order to find a little magnifying glass that might have been lost in it - In the context of their struggle to even get out of there, needing to be careful, was so hard just to climb out, walking to rescue, not knowing if that was even where it was lost, and when they've demonstrated that they could start fire without it almost with their eyes closed. Not the right kind of gamble or use of energy at all.