PDA

View Full Version : Here is your SIGN.......?

Sourdough
04-29-2008, 03:03 PM
A family, one 328 pound father, one way over weight mother and the children take an ATV to the back of the Knik River Valley, for a spring Black Bear hunt. Machine breaks down, 328 pound father has no medicine and he is diabetic. They spend the night with "NO" sleeping bags, Do not start a fire. Two boys hike out for help. Just as they get out, the father calls SAR on his cell phone. Here is your sign.

klkak
04-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Some people should stay in the parking lot.

crashdive123
04-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Some people should stay in the parking lot.

....or not contribute to the gene pool.

klkak
04-29-2008, 03:30 PM
The Knik river valley is where I do alot of tours. From the parking lot to Metal creek is just over 20 miles one way with alot of water to cross. If I was the sons I'd be real upset with daddy.

Rick
04-29-2008, 03:33 PM
I guess we need to start putting up signs like these...

http://www.state.hi.us/dlnr/warningsigns/images/Warning%20Hazardous%20Cliff.jpg

trax
04-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I think a big part of what several of us are trying to do in this forum is that there's waaaaayyyyy too many of them and not near enough of us. And I'm not trying to put anyone down here, but gee whiz, always be prepared? Where's the "common" sense?

Ole WV Coot
04-29-2008, 10:24 PM
You can write this on the bathroom wall: Ignorance ain't no excuse for stupidity. in my "humble" understated opinion some people shouldn't reproduce.

Ridge Wolf
04-29-2008, 10:44 PM
You can write this on the bathroom wall: Ignorance ain't no excuse for stupidity. in my "humble" understated opinion some people shouldn't reproduce.

I'll second that... and that statement would make a good signature for you Coot. Not meaning that it applies to you... but you can get the message out with that sig.

rebel
04-29-2008, 10:46 PM
A few days ago I made reference to liability. It's kind of scary when you think of the idiots and then the lawyers. They go for the deep pockets. It doesn't matter if the person was an idiot. If the lawyer was personally tied financially to the case I think there would be less frivolous suits.

Sam
04-30-2008, 12:12 AM
I think a big part of what several of us are trying to do in this forum is that there's waaaaayyyyy too many of them and not near enough of us. And I'm not trying to put anyone down here, but gee whiz, always be prepared? Where's the "common" sense?

Common sense is an oxymoron now a days. :(

Rick
04-30-2008, 07:31 AM
A few days ago I made reference to liability. It's kind of scary when you think of the idiots and then the lawyers. They go for the deep pockets. It doesn't matter if the person was an idiot. If the lawyer was personally tied financially to the case I think there would be less frivolous suits.

(Endless thunderous applause followed by standing ovation). Brilliant!! Absolutely Brilliant!!!

If lawyers had to pay for loosing a law suit they'd think twice wouldn't they. Tort reform would end ALL the world's problem. Well, most of them anyway.;)

crashdive123
04-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Amen to that. Might stop all of the ACLU frivolous law suits too.

Ole WV Coot
04-30-2008, 01:17 PM
I'll second that... and that statement would make a good signature for you Coot. Not meaning that it applies to you... but you can get the message out with that sig.

I would be afraid to use it without permission of the author. I believe he resides in the 3rd cardboard box with the Mad Dog 20/20 bottles marking the driveway on the bank of the Ohio. Had to be him cause he was picking his nose with a pencil when I visited the head there.;)

dilligaf2u2
05-01-2008, 12:03 AM
I wonder how much trouble someone would get in if they sneak a sign in and set it up in the parking lot. Saying:

From this point on. you must remove your head form your anal cavity. Not doing so could result in an injury or death. Stop here and begin using your head for something other then to keep your neck warm or a place to keep your hat. Ignorance is no excuse for allowing yourself to die threw inane actions on your part. If you must do so! Please be courteous enough to do so in a place that would be convenient for pick up of your remains. This parking lot would be such a place.

Do you thik it would fly??

Don

canid
05-01-2008, 12:21 AM
they have those signs in san francisco.

Alpine_Sapper
05-01-2008, 06:12 AM
they have those signs in san francisco.

They have signs in San Francisco that say please remove head from anal cavity? wow... And no one has sued yet?

Rick
05-02-2008, 09:52 AM
In keeping with the subject of the thread, here's one that I thought would never happen. In MY town! The little restaurant in the background (Mancino's) serves some great Italian subs and Greek salads. Anyhoooooo, here's one for you straight from Nobletucky (No offense to anyone from Kentucky.) Fortunately, Noblesville's finest got them stopped. What are people thinking?

Excuse me sir, here's your sign.

Ole WV Coot
05-02-2008, 10:23 AM
I grew up in KY and I resemble those remarks!! Also who took the picture of my cousin's car he probably would like a copy.

crashdive123
05-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Looks kind of like something Jeff Foxworthy would call a Redneck RV.

Rick
05-02-2008, 08:41 PM
I think it's a Jame Bond Wannabemobile. If you open the back door the washing machine falls off. That should stop anyone from chasing you as you creep along on the overloads.

canid
05-03-2008, 12:13 AM
i meant the sign rick posted, but they also have posters with a picture of Amanita muscaria with the caption 'i could have sworn it wasn't poisonous'

cajun swamp hunter
05-08-2008, 10:45 AM
A case when arrogance is equal to stupidity!!

Louisiana Highway Department employees stopped at a farm and talked with an
old farmer. The man in charge told Boudreaux the farmer, 'We need to
inspect your farm for a possible new road.'

The Boudreaux said, 'OK, but don't get out in that pasture over there.'

The Highway Dept. employee flashed out his identification card and said, 'I have the authority of the State of Louisiana to go anywhere I
want. See this card? I will go wherever I wish.'

So Boudreaux went about his chores.

It wasn't too much later when the farmer heard loud screams and yelling. He looked over and saw several Highway Department employees
running for their lives and right behind was the farmer's huge prize bull.
The bull was madder than a hornet's nest and was gaining on the
Highway employees at every step.

Boudreaux yelled out, 'Show him your card, Smart ***.... Show him
your card!!

klkak
05-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Here is one I didn't understand. TDW's vehicle has a light on the dash that activates and an alarm sounds when you are on an icy road and you loose traction and start fishtailing. To let you know you are on an icy road, you have lost traction and are fishtailing.

Tahyo
05-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh man I miss all the Boudreaux and Thibodeaux jokes. My favorite one is when Boudreaux and Thibodeaux win a trip to a hunting camp up in Alaska.

trax
05-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Here is one I didn't understand. TDW's vehicle has a light on the dash that activates and an alarm sounds when you are on an icy road and you loose traction and start fishtailing. To let you know you are on an icy road, you have lost traction and are fishtailing.

LOL, waking up in a snowbank with a large bruise on your forehead can be a pretty good indicator too. We had a late snowstorm here a couple weeks ago and it left some icy patches on the TransCanada Highway. I went fishtailing around all over the place but pulled the truck back under control. Reading your post all I can think is I'm glad I didn't have to listen to some stupid alarm, I was kinda busy.

klkak
05-08-2008, 02:35 PM
What's really funny is that it works in the summer to. Once on a dirt road I hit the gas and spun-out a bit and that alarm went off and the light started flashing. Startled the H**l out of me. It's a nice car but has way to many "bells and whistles"

Rick
05-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Ditto. I rented a Mustang when we were in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. Drove up this wash board dirt road that was really pretty steep. That da**ed traction light started flashing at me because the back tires were slipping. I thought I'd lost the engine at first. Almost got out to see what happened.:rolleyes:

Rick
05-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Man, I love this one. Ian, here's your sign....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/10/nyregion/10laptop.html?em&ex=1210564800&en=1e2fca4d1701c016&ei=5087%0A

Sam Reeves
05-11-2008, 10:04 AM
He is one of my all time favorites.

http://medias.lemonde.fr/mmpub/edt/ill/2005/07/29/h_4_ill_676197_usa-mexico-border-31.jpg

Ken
05-11-2008, 10:08 AM

Well, you're right in some cases. You wouldn't believe how often I've said "You're ****tin' me! You want me to sue them for WHAT?"

We're always financially tied to cases. Nobody wants to spend hundreds of hours working on something to get NOTHING if they lose. That causes most lousy cases to simply die on their own. But, it wasn't for contingent fees, you would probably see millions of stupid cases filed everyday.

Just remember: Justice often has nothing to do with it. Lawyers practice law - we don't practice justice. They often have nothing to do with each other.

Many stupid laws and claims are upheld by stupid trial court and appeals court decisions.

I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MOST CIVIL RIGHTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL LAWS, AND JUST A FEW OTHERS, OUR SOCIETY WOULD BE MUCH BETTER OFF IF WE REPEALED EVERY LAW AND REGULATION PASSED SINCE 1950. Think about it.

Sam Reeves
05-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MOST CIVIL RIGHTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL LAWS, AND JUST A FEW OTHERS, OUR SOCIETY WOULD BE MUCH BETTER OFF IF WE REPEALED EVERY LAW AND REGULATION PASSED SINCE 1950. Think about it.

I'd toss welfare and affirmative action out the window as well.

Alpine_Sapper
05-11-2008, 04:45 PM

Welfare is a good thing, for that single mother who can't afford to put her kids in daycare and has no one to watch them, can't buy food, etc. Makes it kinda hard to go find a job. But welfare will pay her rent for a while, get the kids some formula and food, and even provide day care to help her find a job. There are other cases where it really is needed. Is it abused? Sure, just like anything else. But doing away with it entirely and not replacing it with something similar is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Sam Reeves
05-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Welfare is a good thing, for that single mother who can't afford to put her kids in daycare and has no one to watch them, can't buy food, etc. There are other cases where it really is needed. Is it abused? Sure, just like anything else. But doing away with it entirely and not replacing it with something similar is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.In it's current state welfare is a defunct system that encourages bad behavior. In most cases 'child support' could replace welfare.

nell67
05-11-2008, 04:52 PM
In it's current state welfare is a defunct system that encourages bad behavior. In most cases 'child support' could replace welfare.

Unfortunately the child support system doesn't always work well either,the non -custodial parent does not pay,and takes cash paying jobs that cannot be garnished,and if they think they will be arrested,they just pick up and move on.

Alpine_Sapper
05-11-2008, 04:56 PM
In it's current state welfare is a defunct system that encourages bad behavior. In most cases 'child support' could replace welfare.

rofl. There's whole departments of police dedicated just to finding men who aren't paying their child support.

Have you ever been on welfare? They provide everthing you need to get back on your feet. If the person doesn't choose to utilize it, well, it's just another worthless human. Doesn't mean the program is flawed. Not saying it's perfect, either, but, other than trying to get a bunch of deadbeats to pay money they aren't going to, what would you suggest?

Sam Reeves
05-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Unfortunately the child support system doesn't always work well either,the non -custodial parent does not pay,and takes cash paying jobs that cannot be garnished,and if they think they will be arrested,they just pick up and move on.Yeah, it happens. A man who won't support his family was never a man.

rofl. There's whole departments of police dedicated just to finding men who aren't paying their child support.

Have you ever been on welfare? They provide everthing you need to get back on your feet. If the person doesn't choose to utilize it, well, it's just another worthless human. Doesn't mean the program is flawed. Not saying it's perfect, either, but, other than trying to get a bunch of deadbeats to pay money they aren't going to, what would you suggest?Yes, the program is flawed. It is abused by people who aren't even citizens. I would require absolute proof of eligibility before a person can receive it. I would require the children's father to be listed for future child support pay back.

I believe it should be just as difficult to receive welfare as it to receive child support.

nell67
05-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Yeah, it happens. A man who won't support his family was never a man.

Women who lose custody of their children are just as bad as men,this is not just a gender specific problem.

Alpine_Sapper
05-11-2008, 06:01 PM

Nobody ever debated that here.

I would require absolute proof of eligibility before a person can receive it.

They already do.

I would require the children's father to be listed for future child support pay back.

They already do. I got a friend with three kids by three different dads. Most people pass judgement (as I'm sure some here have) but they were all legitimate relationships she was involved in. Thought they'd last. She don't cotton on very quick, obviously, but anyway, she gave the AG a list of phone numbers for family and friends, the dad's themselves, and last known addresses (some of which are current). The AG still can't find'em. Not really the welfare deparments fault if the Attorney General's investigative wing can't find it's own office while sitting in it with a map, compass, GPS, and a guide.

I believe it should be just as difficult to receive welfare as it to receive child support.

It already is.

Sam Reeves
05-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Women who lose custody of their children are just as bad as men,this is not just a gender specific problem.

I knew a girl who lost her children to the state. She was a sweet girl she was just a methhead. I don't know if she ever got her act together or not. :(

Sam Reeves
05-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Nobody ever debated that here.Good.

They already do. I got a friend with three kids by three different dads. Most people pass judgement (as I'm sure some here have) but they were all legitimate relationships she was involved in. Thought they'd last. She don't cotton on very quick, obviously, but anyway, she gave the AG a list of phone numbers for family and friends, the dad's themselves, and last known addresses (some of which are current). The thing that bother me is that she one does not have to accurately list the father's name to receive welfare.
The AG still can't find'em. Not really the welfare deparments fault if the Attorney General's investigative wing can't find it's own office while sitting in it with a map, compass, GPS, and a guide.It's not the tax payer's fault, either.

It already is.No, it's not. MILLIONS of illegal aliens receive welfare. People claim dependents that do not exist. The Department of Family and Children Services do not seem to care.

Alpine_Sapper
05-11-2008, 07:36 PM
The thing that bother me is that she one does not have to accurately list the father's name to receive welfare.It's not the tax payer's fault, either.
No, it's not. MILLIONS of illegal aliens receive welfare. People claim dependents that do not exist. The Department of Family and Children Services do not seem to care.

I understand it's not the tax payers fault. But it will be if we stand idly by and let her kids starve. And for all those illegal alien's that recieve welfare, they had to have fake documents. Like I said earlier, it can be abused. I know someone who got benefits because they were in dire straits. Food Stamps and TANIF (Texas Welfare). They got a job, but didn't tell anyone there. Three months later, their benefits ran out. They didn't renew, because by that point they had gotten on their feet. Texas settled a judgement for back benefits, and then took almost $2000 from their federal tax return, and banned them from applying for benefits for 365 days to the day of the judgement. It's not that they don't care. It's that it's a MASSIVE system and is mired in buearacracy, just like the military, or any other government organization. But without it, the crime rates, the homelessness rates, the drug abuse rates, the teen pregnancy rates, the suicide rates, and many many more would all skyrocket. And that would be the taxpayers fault.

Sam Reeves
05-11-2008, 08:00 PM
I understand it's not the tax payers fault. But it will be if we stand idly by and let her kids starve. And for all those illegal alien's that recieve welfare, they had to have fake documents. Like I said earlier, it can be abused. I know someone who got benefits because they were in dire straits. Food Stamps and TANIF (Texas Welfare). They got a job, but didn't tell anyone there. Three months later, their benefits ran out. They didn't renew, because by that point they had gotten on their feet. Texas settled a judgement for back benefits, and then took almost $2000 from their federal tax return, and banned them from applying for benefits for 365 days to the day of the judgement. It's not that they don't care. It's that it's a MASSIVE system and is mired in buearacracy, just like the military, or any other government organization.It's not my initial gripe that the tax [I]needs[I] to pay the way for some girl that can't figure out why she keeps getting pregnant it my gripe that it is so easy to abuse. There is a growing sick sub culture that has a career of abusing the system. When the system finally bleeds to death I would imagine folks that can't fend for themselves would just starve.
But without it, the crime rates, the homelessness rates, the drug abuse rates, the teen pregnancy rates, the suicide rates, and many many more would all skyrocket. And that would be the taxpayers fault.Says who? How did you come to this conclusion? Would you like a long list of criminals that come to this country just for the "easy" benefits? Canada gets a lot of worthless dead weight every year for it's 'benefits'. I can't help but wonder which European nation will be destroyed first because of it's "easy" benefits. It is not the tax payers fault that people do not know how to behave.

Alpine_Sapper
05-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Says who? How did you come to this conclusion? Would you like a long list of criminals that come to this country just for the "easy" benefits? Canada gets a lot of worthless dead weight every year for it's 'benefits'. I can't help but wonder which European nation will be destroyed first because of it's "easy" benefits. It is not the tax payers fault that people do not know how to behave.

first, I mis-spoke; I should have said burden not fault. And if the conclusion you are talking about is the repurcussions of ending welfare, it's only logical and with common sense. You honestly think the people who've been abusing the system getting section 8 housing for $5 a month, welfare and foodstamps for the past 10-15 years are going to all of a sudden go get a job and do it the hard way? So they'll steal, sell dope, rob, do whatever they gotta do to make an easy buck. Then when the man of the house get's locked up for slinging crack on the corner and there is no fix for the wife, what happens?

And every 1st world country is going to have that issue with people coming for the promise of an easy(er) life. Like I said, I should have originally said burden, not fault. It doesn't matter who's fault it is, the burden falls on the taxpayer. I'd rather pay the taxes to support the welfare situation and help out some who need it, and some who don't, than deal with the taxes to fund more methadone clinics that don't work, homeless shelters that have suddenly become a bigger necessity, more prisons, etc. etc.

crashdive123
05-12-2008, 06:21 AM
I guess smoking really is bad for you. http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080512/wl_asia_afp/japanpoliceaccidenttobacco

Rick
05-12-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure who to give the sign to, the cop or the match.

Sam Reeves
05-12-2008, 01:27 PM
first, I mis-spoke; I should have said burden not fault. And if the conclusion you are talking about is the repurcussions of ending welfare, it's only logical and with common sense. You honestly think the people who've been abusing the system getting section 8 housing for $5 a month, welfare and foodstamps for the past 10-15 years are going to all of a sudden go get a job and do it the hard way? So they'll steal, sell dope, rob, do whatever they gotta do to make an easy buck. Then when the man of the house get's locked up for slinging crack on the corner and there is no fix for the wife, what happens?

And every 1st world country is going to have that issue with people coming for the promise of an easy(er) life. Like I said, I should have originally said burden, not fault. It doesn't matter who's fault it is, the burden falls on the taxpayer. I'd rather pay the taxes to support the welfare situation and help out some who need it, and some who don't, than deal with the taxes to fund more methadone clinics that don't work, homeless shelters that have suddenly become a bigger necessity, more prisons, etc. etc.

Despite the fact that I have always had a negative opinion of Communist welfare I apologize if I can across as a jerk. I recently came down with some rare and crappy illness called Gillians Barre last February. It put me in the hospital for five weeks and out of work for three months. Which is why I have had so much free time on my hands lately. I have always worked overtime and sometimes two jobs, I am a current technical college student, I always payed my bills and when I applied for temporary disability I was declined. Meanwhile, anything with two legs can forge their name to something and get all kinds of benifits.

People who can't positively prove their eligibility should never receive benefits. People who are homeless in America are homeless by choice. That may change in the near future, though. As far as prisons go, the prison system is also broken. We need more work camps and less prisons.

Rick
05-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Sam - You need to realize that much of the approval/denial process can hinge on your doctor's diagnosis and write up. My wife works for an insurance company as an RN and handles short term disability. If it's clear that you are disabled, based on your physician's input, then they will generally concur and pay the claim. If it's unclear then it will be forwarded for the insurance company's physician(s) for review. If your doctor indicates you are not disabled then case closed. I certainly don't mean to imply that you were not disabled or that the process doesn't vary depending on company/governmental body but I am offering a high level view of what might have happened.

If you are not fully recovered and still off work, you might discuss your situation with your PCP then request that your case be reviewed again by the company or governmental group processing the disability request.

Sam Reeves
05-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Sam - You need to realize that much of the approval/denial process can hinge on your doctor's diagnosis and write up. My wife works for an insurance company as an RN and handles short term disability. If it's clear that you are disabled, based on your physician's input, then they will generally concur and pay the claim. If it's unclear then it will be forwarded for the insurance company's physician(s) for review. If your doctor indicates you are not disabled then case closed. I certainly don't mean to imply that you were not disabled or that the process doesn't vary depending on company/governmental body but I am offering a high level view of what might have happened.

If you are not fully recovered and still off work, you might discuss your situation with your PCP then request that your case be reviewed again by the company or governmental group processing the disability request.If you have Gillians Barre you are disabled for life, even if just partially. The MDs Dr. Frank McDonald and H Marchman both tried to discourage me from returning to work. The caseworker at NGMC where I was receiving inpatient physical therapy filled out the paper for me to get disability and had the doctors sign it. My father is literally dying with diabetes and has not received his disability. I haven't really looked into how difficult it is to get disability in other areas but I do know that any fat slob can get welfare anywhere.

Speaking of signs I think I have one stuck on my back that says "kick me".

nell67
05-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Sam you are so wrong,as some one who went through this a few years ago when my soon to be ex hurt his back,and was diagnosed with diabetes,high blood pressure,angina,and high cholesterol,we both lost our jobs because of all of his doctor appointments,therapies and other treatments,I was not fired,I was permanantly laid off so that I could draw unemployment,of which I spent more than half every month on COBRA insurance on him alone,I applied to the welfare for insurance,and foodstamps,and was required to draw out all my unemployment,and then have NO INCOME for a month,before they would give us anything,and I had 3 kids at home.
After it was all drawn out they then alloted us $343 a month in cash,and $400 in stamps.whoo hoo,amazing,I know plenty who get alot more than we did,with less in the household,I do not know how they could live that way forever.

Took 3 1/2 years to get his disability through,I will not go back to that again.

But not just anyone can go sign papers and get the benefits,it does seem to help if you are from another country here illegally,then you can get way more benefits than citizens can.

If you qualify for the benefits,you have to keep fighting,their job is to turn you down. If it's disability you are trying for,get a lawyer after you get turned down the first time,if you are under 55,it is about the only way you can get it unless you have cancer,or some other fatal disease.

Ridge Wolf
05-12-2008, 05:41 PM
If you have Gillians Barre you are disabled for life, even if just partially. The MDs Dr. Frank McDonald and H Marchman both tried to discourage me from returning to work. The caseworker at NGMC where I was receiving inpatient physical therapy filled out the paper for me to get disability and had the doctors sign it. My father is literally dying with diabetes and has not received his disability. I haven't really looked into how difficult it is to get disability in other areas but I do know that any fat slob can get welfare anywhere.

Speaking of signs I think I have one stuck on my back that says "kick me".

Is your dad a veteran? If so, you might be able to get him on some kind of disability from the V.A. and maybe it might be right for you too.

Zendik
05-12-2008, 06:59 PM

In 1999 I worked as a drywall hanger for an oregon company on a Washington job. There was an accident. My lower back got twisted and both state tried to point responsibility on the other. I could not work, I couldn't even get out of bed for a month. I ended up losing my apartment and many thing that I had accumulated to that point, I was 35.

Nine years later I had finally had the surgery I needed but it was to late and now I am in pain every waking moment. I have always worked hard even now when I can I give it my all. Thing is I can't work for more than 3 months at a time. Workers comp settled long ago and I need to be re trained.

Last week was the first time in my life I ever applied for any type of assistance as I had o more money or food. I am a veteran. I am now being considered for general assistance, welfare if you will.

There was a time when I would have said the same thing as Sam Reeves here but SHTF when you are not prepared. One day you're fine, on top of the world and then something beyond you happens. It's nice to know that the country one has protected and built will take care of you when you are broken.

The idiot factor. Sure their are what we refer to as Idiots. People that walk out into the wilderness without knowledge to make it out or even people that just never made it through the 7th grade that are peddling drugs on a street corner. I'm sure if one had the capicity to be as smart and as successful as the rest they would be doing so. But they don't. Maybe they can't. Not everyone is created equally.

Sam Reeves
05-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Took 3 1/2 years to get his disability through,I will not go back to that again.
I was told told to expect at least two years. No way I could wait that long. I have two hungry kids to feed. I still have a lot of life left in me. I'm going to be as normal as I can for as long as I can.

If you qualify for the benefits,you have to keep fighting,their job is to turn you down.Thas is my point of contention. I've been a good soldier my whole life and the first time I request a piece of what I what I have been paying in for years they told me "no". Meanwhile some leech that has never worked a day in his or life gets government assistance with no problems.
If it's disability you are trying for,get a lawyer after you get turned down the first time,if you are under 55,it is about the only way you can get it unless you have cancer,or some other fatal disease.
The lawyer fees would probably end up exceeding the disability payments. I'm only 32 years old, by the way.

Sam Reeves
05-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Is your dad a veteran? If so, you might be able to get him on some kind of disability from the V.A. and maybe it might be right for you too.

Naw, Dad is just an old man that worked hard all of his life.

Sam Reeves
05-12-2008, 09:43 PM
In 1999 I worked as a drywall hanger for an oregon company on a Washington job. There was an accident. My lower back got twisted and both state tried to point responsibility on the other. I could not work, I couldn't even get out of bed for a month. I ended up losing my apartment and many thing that I had accumulated to that point, I was 35.

Nine years later I had finally had the surgery I needed but it was to late and now I am in pain every waking moment. I have always worked hard even now when I can I give it my all. Thing is I can't work for more than 3 months at a time. Workers comp settled long ago and I need to be re trained. I was an electrician for a long time. I was lucky not to get hurt back then. I was also lucky to be working for a company now that offers decent insurance. I received medical care without any hassles.

]Last week was the first time in my life I ever applied for any type of assistance as I had o more money or food. I am a veteran. I am now being considered for general assistance, welfare if you will.

There was a time when I would have said the same thing as Sam Reeves here but SHTF when you are not prepared. One day you're fine, on top of the world and then something beyond you happens.I not knocking anybody that receives government assistance that deserves it. I might have a relapse next year and my wife and children may very well become dependant on welfare.
It's nice to know that the country one has protected and built will take care of you when you are broken. Do they now...
They basically told us that we would basically have to sell off everything we have and come back after we had spent all the money.

The idiot factor. Sure their are what we refer to as Idiots. People that walk out into the wilderness without knowledge to make it out or even people that just never made it through the 7th grade that are peddling drugs on a street corner. I'm sure if one had the capicity to be as smart and as successful as the rest they would be doing so. But they don't. Maybe they can't. Not everyone is created equally.There is lots of idiots. It's the lazy idiots that I can't stand. I don't believe in equality either. :)

nell67
05-13-2008, 02:31 AM
I was told told to expect at least two years. No way I could wait that long. I have two hungry kids to feed. I still have a lot of life left in me. I'm going to be as normal as I can for as long as I can.

Thas is my point of contention. I've been a good soldier my whole life and the first time I request a piece of what I what I have been paying in for years they told me "no". Meanwhile some leech that has never worked a day in his or life gets government assistance with no problems.
The lawyer fees would probably end up exceeding the disability payments. I'm only 32 years old, by the way.

No Sam,The lawyer fees are regulated,they can only take a percentage of what your back pay is,but there is a cap on the amount they can charge you. If you have already been turned down,you have only so long to appeal,or else if you reapply you are really starting over again.

Ken
05-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Disability Law isn't in my line of practice, but I urge all of you who have disability claims to consult with an attorney who concentrates in that field of law. Lawyer's fees (possibly contingent depending on the state) are regulated and a competent lawyer can help almost anyone with a legitimate disability (which prevents one from working) collect permanent disability income. Yep, the process may take some time, but it's worth it. If you don't succeed the first time, you can often try again as your medical condition progresses. Good Luck!

Sam Reeves
05-13-2008, 04:38 PM
No Sam,The lawyer fees are regulated,they can only take a percentage of what your back pay is,but there is a cap on the amount they can charge you. If you have already been turned down,you have only so long to appeal,or else if you reapply you are really starting over again.

I would only be entitled to three months worth. I just don't want to get emotionally involved in a law suit or invest the time and money it would take. Stress is not what I need right now if I am going to recover. I can understand why Uncle Sam would want keep his money I just don't understand why he would then turn around and give money or foodstamps to any crackhead or border jumper that applied. A nation that won't take care of it's own is doomed.

nell67
05-13-2008, 04:44 PM
I would only be entitled to three months worth. I just don't want to get emotionally involved in a law suit or invest the time and money it would take. Stress is not what I need right now if I am going to recover. I can understand why Uncle Sam would want keep his money I just don't understand why he would then turn around and give money or foodstamps to any crackhead or border jumper that applied. A nation that won't take care of it's own is doomed.
Sam,if you have worked hard all your life,and now are suffering,and will suffer for the rest of your life,then you deserve the disability,and it makes me sick that honest people have to fight and suffer to get what they deserve,and the druggies and alcohlics can walk in and walk out with basically whatever they ask for, I do understand you not want the headache ot the stress that goes with the process,the process sucks.

crashdive123
05-13-2008, 06:31 PM
A Fort Worth man trying to scratch an itch on his back used a revolver and accidentally shot himself.
Jorge Espinal, 44, was drinking beer and playing poker around 3 a.m. Sunday morning in his home in the 3500 block of Montague Street, when he got up from the table and walked into another room, said Fort Worth police Lt. Kenneth Dean.
“He told officers he had an itch on his back and grabbed the first thing he could get a hold of, which was a revolver,” Lt. Dean said. “The gun went off."
Espinal went back and told his buddies that he shot himself. “They didn’t believe him until they saw the blood coming down his back,” Lt. Dean said.
Espinal was taken to an area hospital where he was treated and released with non-life-threatening injuries
Here’s your sign……

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa080513_wz_itch.f836c490.html

Rick
05-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Today's "Here's Your Sign Award" goes to the Iraqi Islamic Party. I fumed over this article as probably one of the stupidest things to come out of that sandbox in quite a while.

1. It's a book, print more.
2. Oh, yea. Forget your people. Protest about the book.
3. Here's the keys to the country, you figure it out!

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/05/19/iraq.quran/?iref=mpstoryview

Ken
05-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Let's see ....

1. A book is written.

2. It calls me an infidel.

3. It urges its followers to subjugate me or kill me.

4. Many try to do just that.

5. I shoot a copy of that book.

6. My boss apologizes because I have offended the authors and followers.

And we wonder why things are so ****** up in this world.:mad:

Aurelius95
05-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Wow. It's what you make of it. To us, it's a book. And it's literally printed on paper. But, to them, I guess it's much more than that. But honestly, there are two sides to every coin. It's seems easy for them to overlook their own discretions, yet lambast us for anything.

trax
05-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Well I think the answer's obvious on that one. Shame on you Sergeant for using the quoran for target practice! You get back out there and practice on targets that can move!!! If you want to shoot at their book it should be in someone's pocket, give yourself a challenge.

Ken
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Bush just apologized. The soldier's going on trial.:mad:

Rick
05-20-2008, 01:16 PM
That is just so wrong. I don't agree with insulting any religion but the act was stupid not criminal. I sure hope behind the scenes that sergeant is smoking a stogey, getting high fives and hearing things like, "Dude, you da man!"

Ken
05-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Yep, me too.:(

trax
05-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Bush just apologized. The soldier's going on trial.:mad:

Shrub sacrificing another good man? No surprise there unfortunately.

Sam Reeves
05-20-2008, 05:01 PM
That is just so wrong. I don't agree with insulting any religionI do.

Islam is a vile religion that always brings murder and poverty. All Islamic nations are backwards.

The Talmud is worse.

trax
05-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Sorry Sam, I'm with Rick on that, believe there's something in your constitution down that way....soon as you start stepping on someone else's rights, gives them the right to start stepping on yours. Now, the flip side of that is someone picks a scrap with you, well ya just gotta kick azz....

Sam Reeves
05-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Sorry Sam, I'm with Rick on that, believe there's something in your constitution down that way....soon as you start stepping on someone else's rights, gives them the right to start stepping on yours. Now, the flip side of that is someone picks a scrap with you, well ya just gotta kick azz....Do you know any muslims?

Sourdough
05-20-2008, 05:14 PM
:("Here is your sign" America is going to sue OPEC, under "OUR" anti-trust laws, We really are stupid, There is a small part of me that would like to see them say, no problem stupid, how about $300.00 a barrel. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE AMERICA, but this is stupid. Kill them and take the oil, agree to trade $300.00 in phony paper per barrel, but to sue the lifeline.............:(:(:(

Rick
05-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Yes, actually I do. Several. All are good folks and the true religion of Islam does not teach hatred. Only those that pervert it do. I won't go any further because I won't delve off into religion. Verboten and all. Just trying to answer your question.

trax
05-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Do you know any muslims?

What Rick said. In fact, I know a muslim family who lent space on their land for a Cree friend of mine to put up a sweat lodge, but again, verboten, let it slide man, this ain't the place.

Ole WV Coot
05-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Do you know any muslims?

Want to see what they are really like, go to NYC or DC where a lot of them have DPL tags on their fancy cars. The ones I met thought they were superior to any American, broke any law and hid behind the DPL title. They loved the booze and fat blond women. Once inside the men enjoyed each other's company and left the women to themselves. They had a nasty habit of jumping from car hood to hood at closing time and the firemen next door kinda got irritated along with us because the cops couldn't do anything. Sooo one Sat. nite we got a call from the fire station that a couple of dozen of them were in the alley. Us and the FD took each end of the alley and their bar, Pink Elephant was without customers.
and closed.:rolleyes: If they want to blow themselves up I can darn sure make dead man switches as fast as they can use them and will furnish a place where they can practice sending each other to hell. My own personal opinion and I am too old to change it.

crashdive123
05-20-2008, 06:47 PM
You've got to admire somebody that wants to help a friend.........but.........
http://www.kmov.com/localnews/stories/kmov_localnews_080519_ticket.cdf9a91.html?009

warman87
05-20-2008, 07:28 PM

Yes, the program is flawed. It is abused by people who aren't even citizens. I would require absolute proof of eligibility before a person can receive it. I would require the children's father to be listed for future child support pay back.

they do require that you prove your eligability heck im up for review for the 2nd time this year and i really do need it(im disabled)

Tahyo
05-20-2008, 08:22 PM
"Tahyo will keep quiet..."Tahyo will keep quiet..."Tahyo will keep quiet..."Tahyo will keep quiet..."

There are just some conversations that I have to steer clear of and this is one of them.

crashdive123
05-20-2008, 08:27 PM
"Tahyo will keep quiet..."Tahyo will keep quiet..."Tahyo will keep quiet..."Tahyo will keep quiet..."

There are just some conversations that I have to steer clear of and this is one of them.

That's why I tried to change the direction.

Tahyo
05-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Aye, I'm just read a few posts, posted mine and pretty much skeedattled.

Sam Reeves
05-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Yes, actually I do. Several. All are good folks and the true religion of Islam does not teach hatred. Only those that pervert it do. I won't go any further because I won't delve off into religion. Verboten and all. Just trying to answer your question.
What y'all know are secular muslims such as Bosnians but don't worry the real Islamics are coming. Multiculturalism is a one way street. Just because we want to love them doesn't mean that they want to love us. I'll drop it now.

Rick
05-21-2008, 07:29 AM
That's pretty funny, Crash. My daughter had the misfortune of having received three moving violations within a few months. She was 17 I think. Dad owned the license at that point. Anyhoooo. We went to court and there were two guys there before the judge.

"Now, let me get this straight, the officer wrote the ticket to the wrong person?"
"Yes, sir. He had both our IDs and wrote the ticket on me and I was the passenger."
Judge holding up printout several pages long
"You have 37 traffic citations and you buddy there doesn't have any. That wouldn't have anything to do with your plea would it?"
"Oh, no sir. The cop just made an honest mistake."
"I think the only mistake made here is you trying to pull the wool over my eyes. I can always tell when that happens because my forehead starts itching from the wool."

I almost lost it in court.

crashdive123
05-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Poor Ride-Management Plans: Two teenagers were arrested in March and charged with highway shooting sprees near Waynesboro and Charlottesville, Va., that shut down Interstate 64 for six hours. Surveillance video suggested the perps got away in a 1974 AMC Gremlin, and the only one in the area belongs to the 19-year-old. [Washington Post, 3-29-08]

Rick
05-28-2008, 03:32 PM
What are the odds? I mean, really, what the odds?

Rick
05-28-2008, 03:39 PM
At least they had their own car....

Courtesy of Kansas City Star

A man who robbed the Family Dollar at 39th Street and Indiana Avenue tonight made his — short-lived — getaway on a city bus.

After hitting the store shortly after 7 p.m., the robber headed across the street and boarded the bus, a dispatcher said. The suspect made it about five blocks before Kansas City police stopped the bus and took the suspect into custody near 40th Street and Cleveland Avenue.

The man was reportedly armed, but no one was hurt in the incident.

crashdive123
05-28-2008, 05:38 PM
If you're going to use a bus for a getaway vehicle, the least you can do is like Clint Eastwood in "The Gauntlet".

crashdive123
07-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Some people just should not be allowed to reproduce. http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_2085058.php