05-07-2015, 09:36 AM
now that many of the medicinals and food plant are comming up
take the kids out to learn show them the healing plants ,edibles
where to and not to pick.dandilions , wild greens,plantain explan
the parts which have various uses.show them how to make tea
keep it simple keep it fun.

crashdive123
05-07-2015, 08:03 PM
The neighbors give me funny looks when I grab their kids and head off to the woods.

natertot
05-08-2015, 01:20 AM
The neighbors give me funny looks when I grab their kids and head off to the woods.

I tried giving you rep on that one but said I needed to pass it around. That is hilarious!

hunter63
05-08-2015, 09:19 AM
I tried giving you rep on that one but said I needed to pass it around. That is hilarious!

Got ya covered....and sadly waaaaay to true.

Thinking back at some of the older folks we hung around with and kids.....they may have been in jail these days.

LowKey
05-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Today, parents are jailed for letting their kids run free and out of their sight, let alone that nice neighbor guy that teaches kids how to plant a garden. I had one neighbor tell his little 6 year old that I was getting ready for the Zombies attack. Some game called Plants vs Zombies? And they call me scary?

hayshaker
05-10-2015, 09:13 PM
anyone here ever get labled a (crazy uncle) by the family? you know like when your niece refers to friends
oh that's my crazy uncle.

madmax
05-10-2015, 09:42 PM
anyone here ever get labled a (crazy uncle) by the family? you know like when your niece refers to friends
oh that's my crazy uncle.

I am the quintessential crazy uncle. Kinda an accepted fact.

Duece
05-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Have always been considered the crazy uncle lol
D

hunter63
05-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Taking kids with you works better if you have kids of your own......obviously.
There was always an endless bunch of kids that attended modern camping and rendezvous camping, .....as well a fishing and hunting trips.
To this day I still get adults that were kids then, relate the "Remember when we".....stories.....

Several time, had a group of about 10 kids that went pheasant hunting with me and another of their dad's.......we spread them out like game "beaters"......LOL....the retrieving dead birds when we shot them...

Walked thru an old orchard, picked the kids some apples....they wanted to know who we had to pay....became regular stop.

It's just sad, I don't see much of this stuff happening any more.... with public opinion being what it is......