PDA

View Full Version : Please delete my posts and membership

Unregistered
05-04-2015, 06:35 AM
I respectfully request the admin of this forum to delete all my posts. Please.
My memberhip name was Enigma.
I do not wish to share my personal information and photographs anymore due to professional and also private reasons.

Thank-you

Rick
05-04-2015, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry. We don't delete member profiles. That would destroy the integrity of the threads.

hayshaker
05-05-2015, 09:40 AM
sorry to see him leave he did fine knapped knives and such.

tjwilhelm
05-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Is it just me, or was that whole thing just really confusing?

madmax
05-05-2015, 11:35 AM
I've seen this before. He probably has serious reasons.

hunter63
05-05-2015, 11:52 AM
I've seen this before. He probably has serious reasons.

Yeah....I think you are correct......
Maybe it's just me....but I was thinking plagiarism?

madmax
05-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Could be. There was a DA that realized he had exposed his kids pics and too much of his personal info that asked to be deleted on another site.

hunter63
05-05-2015, 01:18 PM
When I see a "just whipped this up last night"....pic.... that has a copyright mark....make me say Hummmm

madmax
05-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Didn't see that.

Makes ya wonder.

wilderness medic
05-05-2015, 01:44 PM
When I see a "just whipped this up last night"....pic.... that has a copyright mark....make me say Hummmm

What makes you think it wasn't his watermark?

hunter63
05-05-2015, 01:47 PM
What makes you think it wasn't his watermark?

Nothing....just wondering......?

kyratshooter
05-05-2015, 01:51 PM
I was beginning to wonder about the ability to post back and forth in "real time" when it was middle of the night in Australia.

Hard working survival school instructors need their sleep too!

RangerXanatos
05-05-2015, 02:05 PM
His ability to post often made me wonder about him too.

And if you look, there's two different copyrights. TSGoA and ASI?

RangerXanatos
05-05-2015, 02:16 PM
Got curious and did a quick look and there is a connection between the copyrights. And there is a Brian in the ASI.

Rick
05-05-2015, 02:24 PM
This was just one more hissy fit. We've had a number of folks throw a fit and then try to delete their posts. Nothing new. It takes them longer to delete than it does for us to restore so......

hunter63
05-05-2015, 02:41 PM
These little after the fact chats, ........................reminds me of visiting relatives way back when...the adults always discussed the one that weren't there at the time.
LOL

madmax
05-05-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm the eccentric uncle. FYI

hunter63
05-05-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm the eccentric uncle. FYI
..........Yeah, me too....that's why I brought it up........Bhohahaha....
Known as the "gun uncle".....for the number of nephews that have been armed and taken hunting...or as my brother thinks..."led astray".

BTW quotes seem to be showing up weird?

kyratshooter
05-05-2015, 03:15 PM
This was just one more hissy fit. We've had a number of folks through a fit and then try to delete their posts. Nothing new. It takes them longer to delete than it does for us to restore so......

Seems that every time someone compromises themselves in some way they want to erase their footprints so they can deny the action.

As stated above, another hissy fit. Blame shifting so the forum is at fault and not the member.

It's out there, they would not erase it so it's not my fault!!!

In all reality I found Enigma a bit more abrasive then the average Aussie I have encountered either in person or on the internet. He was more like what you encounter on the British based "prepper" forums.

tundrabadger
05-05-2015, 10:19 PM
He certainly seemed to be more than willing to have an argument, I'll say that much. Not one to back down.

Wise Old Owl
05-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Uh yea us Aussies do that... doesn't Monty Python come to mind? Brits ya know.

pete lynch
05-06-2015, 05:41 AM
He was on my "Tic Toc" list...

1stimestar
05-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Yep me too.

hunter63
05-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Y'all "Tic Toc" list in pretty spot on.....LOL

kyratshooter
05-06-2015, 03:45 PM
This must be one of the few forums where you do not have to get banned for removal,

You can scare yourself away!

I am not sure what the average post count is before the average new member fades away through lack of interest.

While there are some of us with thousands of posts I think the average must be about 200-250 for the real interested, with a whole bunch making less than 50 before disappearing.

1stimestar
05-06-2015, 06:45 PM
There are only 188 members who have over 200 posts. There are 1311 people signed up.

edr730
05-06-2015, 07:20 PM
I think he felt like he was doing the Aussie salud at all the knockers. He did the same so.... He seemed sometimes ridgy-didge and sometimes a bit of a figjam or a showpony.. Had some good oil though. I'm not gunna whinge one way or the other. I think in another thread he was more or less called a bushranger and that caused him to finally throw a wobbly. Uhh, I think I got the language right?

tundrabadger
05-06-2015, 08:16 PM
This must be one of the few forums where you do not have to get banned for removal,

You can scare yourself away!

I am not sure what the average post count is before the average new member fades away through lack of interest.

While there are some of us with thousands of posts I think the average must be about 200-250 for the real interested, with a whole bunch making less than 50 before disappearing.

I think some people reach a point, and realize that nobody is particularly impressed with their "I'm the wonder survivalist, pay attention to me" antics. How many people have vanished, or pitched a fit and been banned, after somebody else said "So you killed a charging moose with a can opener and the power of suggestion, eh? How did that work?"

jdbushcraft
05-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Ha! You needed the can opener?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tundrabadger
05-06-2015, 10:25 PM
well need is a strong word, but better safe

1stimestar
05-07-2015, 01:58 AM
Hahaha. Ok the post was just to short...

natertot
05-07-2015, 02:57 AM
I think some people reach a point, and realize that nobody is particularly impressed with their "I'm the wonder survivalist, pay attention to me" antics. How many people have vanished, or pitched a fit and been banned, after somebody else said "So you killed a charging moose with a can opener and the power of suggestion, eh? How did that work?"

That is what makes this site great though. If you really want to come here to learn and share what you have learned, things can and will go far for you. If you come here expecting a large audience and carry an attitude, you will be raked over coals until you are banned or decide to leave on your own accord.

hunter63
05-07-2015, 09:18 AM
I think he felt like he was doing the Aussie salud at all the knockers. He did the same so.... He seemed sometimes ridgy-didge and sometimes a bit of a figjam or a showpony.. Had some good oil though. I'm not gunna whinge one way or the other. I think in another thread he was more or less called a bushranger and that caused him to finally throw a wobbly. Uhh, I think I got the language right?

Yes............
AND we don' need no stinking can opener......

DSJohnson
05-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Personally I think this is a great place with lots of really excellent information. If you want and you take the time you can find as detailed and technical information as there is by reading the threads and following the links. I have always been a little unclear on why adults would want to go to a "wilderness survival" school anyway. Just get up and go camping. If you get out in the woods and have fun you most definitely will learn what works for your first aid kit and what knife is better for the stuff you choose to use it for. I promise you will figure out several different ways to start a fire, using a variety of methods! One of teh reasons I keep coming back here is because of the product information and the field experience. All y'alls personalities are just an "added blessing"

hunter63
05-07-2015, 11:34 AM
............................... All y'alls personalities are just an "added blessing"

Been called a lot of things....Blessing has never been one....Thank you!....LOL

I could never figure that out either......I suppose many people depend on formal training?.......Some would rather just get the basics and "Go for it"

Part that gets me is the "What is the BEST?'.....There is no Best, ...there is best right now.

Like the is supposed to be ONE BEST OF EVERYTHING......and there are those that declare their way is "Best"...and get bent out of shape when everyone else doesn't agree, bow down and declare them the "BEST" there ever is/was/gonna be.

Been hanging out here for a while now.....and there are many, many, knowledgeable and experienced people, on just about any subject...so much so it keeps me looking up new things, and getting a view of places, people and thing for everywhere.....
And mostly with a sense of humor.....
That IS the blessing.

Unregistered
05-07-2015, 12:08 PM
I have been around for years... I just post on the forum when i have something worthwhile, via experience etc, to say, (rare) or I found something novel and worth sharing (rare again). Also 3 kids and worrying about paying bills will keep a man very busy.

Davidlastink
05-07-2015, 12:09 PM
I have been around for years... I just post on the forum when i have something worthwhile, via experience etc, to say, (rare) or I found something novel and worth sharing (rare again). Also 3 kids and worrying about paying bills will keep a man very busy.

Yeah my mistake, thats me was not logged in.

Rick
05-07-2015, 03:22 PM
We knew that.

natertot
05-08-2015, 01:30 AM
Just get up and go camping.

That sums up 80% of what is required to actually learn. Just go and do the stuff. Unfortunately, many people seek instant gratification. They want to know what is the best what ever thinking that it will trump any lack of knowledge or skill and make them the awe of humanity. Actually going out and trying what works, what doesn't, and experimenting with what is best for your situation or limitations is the only way to make progress. The rest comes with time.

kyratshooter
05-08-2015, 12:14 PM
It always amuses me when a new member appears with all of his/her sage wisdom on all aspects of the outdoors and homesteading thinking that this will be the first time anyone has heard their information, even after all the years this forum has existed.

The second thing that amazes me is we have people here operating with WNT syndrome. We Never Tire.

WE NEVER TIRE of talking about fire building, navigation, wild plants, hobby farming, fishing, hunting, anything that shoots a bullet of any kind, or joking with each other.

We will gladly discuss how to make a fire bow for the fifth time this month, list the veggies we planted this week and compare the garden progress to last year, explain how to get a gun that already shoots into 1/2 inch to shoot into 1/4 inch, how to sharpen a knife and not only that but how to sharpen that exact brand and model knife!

We can tell you which truck will last for 40 years and how to fix it and someone here will have had the exact same breakdown and know just exactly how many rubber bands and coat hangers it is going to take to get the rig back on the road.

For marriage counseling and child rearing advice you need to check out the general chat section. Some of us have been married enough times, or long enough to have faced most problems and have a solution, or opinion, on almost every human interaction.

Those of us that have been here for some time have had the help of the forum through accident, injury, sickness and loss of loved ones.

It is one of the few places on the internet where one knows that once a year there will be a gathering of the invisible persons standing behind the screen names. It may be too far to drive and some may never make it to the gathering, but some of us have shaken hands, eaten meals, dodged bears and patiently awaited the arrival of ambulances together. Others have flown 5000 miles to get too the gathering, some only 2000, and some drive for 2 days to arrive. We do hate to miss a party!

On top of that our forum background colors are very soothing and non-abrasive to the vision.

Why would anyone want to be deleted from here?

1stimestar
05-08-2015, 01:46 PM
It always amuses me when a new member appears with all of his/her sage wisdom on all aspects of the outdoors and homesteading thinking that this will be the first time anyone has heard their information, even after all the years this forum has existed.

The second thing that amazes me is we have people here operating with WNT syndrome. We Never Tire.

WE NEVER TIRE of talking about fire building, navigation, wild plants, hobby farming, fishing, hunting, anything that shoots a bullet of any kind, or joking with each other.

We will gladly discuss how to make a fire bow for the fifth time this month, list the veggies we planted this week and compare the garden progress to last year, explain how to get a gun that already shoots into 1/2 inch to shoot into 1/4 inch, how to sharpen a knife and not only that but how to sharpen that exact brand and model knife!

We can tell you which truck will last for 40 years and how to fix it and someone here will have had the exact same breakdown and know just exactly how many rubber bands and coat hangers it is going to take to get the rig back on the road.

For marriage counseling and child rearing advice you need to check out the general chat section. Some of us have been married enough times, or long enough to have faced most problems and have a solution, or opinion, on almost every human interaction.

Those of us that have been here for some time have had the help of the forum through accident, injury, sickness and loss of loved ones.

It is one of the few places on the internet where one knows that once a year there will be a gathering of the invisible persons standing behind the screen names. It may be too far to drive and some may never make it to the gathering, but some of us have shaken hands, eaten meals, dodged bears and patiently awaited the arrival of ambulances together. Others have flown 5000 miles to get too the gathering, some only 2000, and some drive for 2 days to arrive. We do hate to miss a party!

On top of that our forum background colors are very soothing and non-abrasive to the vision.

Why would anyone want to be deleted from here?

*Clap, clap, clap. Exactly!

hunter63
05-08-2015, 02:12 PM
I second that.......and don't for get the odd, "Does any one know where or how to...what ever..." and three people step up and say..."Yeah, what your addy I'll send ya some".

natertot
05-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Kyrat, that is the best summary of this place I have yet to hear. This place is more than a forum if you let it become such. For me, it is more of a community of extended friends with a lot of folks here.

kyratshooter
05-08-2015, 09:26 PM
Is this thread going to be a duplicate of the "Please Delete" thread over on Survival Boards that has gone for 350 pages and 6800 posts?

It's going places I tell you!