PDA

View Full Version : 5.11 Tactical Pants

Arkansas_Ranger
04-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Ok, I was just looking for a holster for my new Glock 21SF that I was issued and began looking at 5.11 "tactical pants." Law enforcement types, like me, tend to like them although I've never had any. I began to wonder if any of you have ever tried them out. They have nifty little pockts for all of our "important stuff."

Arkansas_Ranger
04-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Geez, guys. I think you'd like them, lol.

Sourdough
04-28-2008, 12:15 AM
I like 5.11 stuff, but they are painfully expensive. I like the vest, I hate the shirts, I like the pants. But I belong to a secret group and I can only ever wear Carhartt Logger Pants, or the Lee brand Logger pants.

klkak
04-28-2008, 12:57 AM
I like 5.11 stuff, but they are painfully expensive. I like the vest, I hate the shirts, I like the pants. But I belong to a secret group and I can only ever wear Carhartt Logger Pants, or the Lee brand Logger pants.

What color are you allowed to wear? In my profession I have to look like everyone else so I'm allowed to wear Black, Brown, Denum and that Yellow/Orange color Carhartts.:D

Sourdough
04-28-2008, 01:10 AM
What color are you allowed to wear? In my profession I have to look like everyone else so I'm allowed to wear Black, Brown, Denim and that Yellow/Orange color Carhartts.:D

KlKAK, it is a secret the color. But if you promise not to tell, only 14.5 oz. per yard blue denim is allowed. Black, red, blue or green suspenders is the top secret code we use to show rank, and who is the "Grand Foo'Paw".

klkak
04-28-2008, 01:15 AM
"Grand Foo'Paw".

OMG! Hopeak I almost fell out of my chair.:D:D

tacmedic
04-28-2008, 06:47 AM
I have owned several pair of the 5.11 pants and they have stood up quite well to daily duty and tactical work. But as has been mentioned they are painfully expensive. I have found that the Trailhike pants that Cabela's makes are very similar and are actually made just as well and fit better than the 5.11 pants do. The only drawback with the Cabela's pants is that they aren't made in black.

Arkansas_Ranger
04-28-2008, 11:06 AM
I've seen the Cabela's pants also. I actually like them better because when I last saw them they didn't have the same goofy looking rear pockets that 5.11 pants have.

lastboyscout
06-09-2008, 02:18 AM
They are great. I have at least 10 pairs. One of the local uniform shops closed them out for $20.00 or so and I bought several more. I have them in black and tan and green. They are great and the internal knee pads work well on the range. Most people are not aware of that feature. The pads do not come with the pants you have to pay extra for them. They have a deal once in a while where they come with the pants and the last time they did that I bought 2 pairs and both came with pads. You can make your own from old mouse pads as that is the same material that the company makes them from.
I like the big back pocket opening as it is easy to get into when you have a pack on or other gear. I carry a folding knife there most of the time as well.
The small pocket on the side is good for a monocular or cell phone.

They tend to fade in color rather fast in black is the only concern.

h8mtv
06-11-2008, 09:29 PM
I have found myself looking at the tac-lite pants they make. They accept the knee pad inserts. That would be helpful some days in my line of work. The pads are small enough to throw in your lunch pail it would appear. The tac-lite pants have a more casual look about them. I hate looking like "the man".

h8mtv
06-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Looks like some department canceled an order for 5.11 pants. $4 a pair.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tanypabrboc.html

awfoxden
06-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Looks like some department canceled an order for 5.11 pants. $4 a pair.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tanypabrboc.html

the only problem is my butt is a bit bigger than a 28.

crashdive123
06-11-2008, 10:36 PM
The last time I had a 28" waist was......was.....was.....Hmmmm can't think of a time.

h8mtv
06-12-2008, 06:35 AM
Oh yeah, me too. I didn't hit the drop down to see if they had other sizes. Like I said. I do not like to look like "the man".

Arkansas_Ranger
06-13-2008, 05:53 PM
All 28's. All nylon too. I guess in a survival situation you could rub your legs together and start a fire with them.

glocker36
06-14-2008, 07:51 AM
All I wear right now are the 5.11 brand, for job site and daily wear, I use the cotton tactical ones, for semi dress I use the covert khakis and I just got a couple of the tactical light style, these are GREAT for warm weather. The self adjusting waist ROCKS, I dropped around 40 pounds in the last 4 months, went from a 40 inch waist to a 36 inch waist, and the same pants that sort of fit me when I was a big fat hela monster, still fit me, although they are a bit loose.

For IWB carry they are great, totally comfortable with or without the holster and the waist band just self adjusts to always fit.

The only ones that I have found that I absolutely HATE are the nylon ones, they are heavy, noisy and not comfortable in any way!!!

The even have a new style of the tactical light at http://www.lapolicegear.com that zip off into shorts.

The insertable knee pads have saved me lots of bruised knees at classes and on the range. LA Police Gear seems to have some of the best prices, although their shipping tends to be a bit spotty at times.

h8mtv
06-14-2008, 07:55 AM
How do you like those zip-offs?

glocker36
06-16-2008, 04:36 AM
Haven't received them yet, but will report when I do. One of my items is currently on backorder.

Arkansas_Ranger
06-16-2008, 02:29 PM
I just hate the goofy back pockets and overly tapered legs.