PDA

View Full Version : changed my mind

hayshaker
03-18-2015, 09:29 AM
let,s talk money soon in july if ww3 does,nt come first the chinese yuan will be the new global currency
and there,s talk that Germany,France and Japan ,Newzeland and others will jump on board. so what does this all
mean in a nutshell the dollar is toast. so what does this have to do with wilderness survival. i,ll tell you we may be
all surviving in the wilderness before long.the rubber will meet the road before this year is up.just saying so has anyone ever
camped out for years at a time? i have and i,m not looking forward to it again at least not at this age. we are entering a time
where all the camping/survival stuff we chat about is comming to be a life or death situation.

and no i,m no Joe Teti or les stroud but none the less i do know how to survive and have no deleutions on how mean it
will get. best to all. see this post is not all political,

finallyME
03-18-2015, 09:39 AM
A weak dollar means that we export more. It would help the economy. Is the Yuan a fiat currency?

kyratshooter
03-18-2015, 10:32 AM
I do not know where you come up with some of this stuff Hayshaker. Perhaps you should be viewing real news outlets rather than precious metal investment advertising sites that reach you as popups.

The Yuan is not even in the top 4 currencies, which are the Dollar, Pound Sterling, Euro and Yen. Most of the REAL economists do not expect the Yuan to break into the top 5 within the next 10 years. The currency is simply not fluid or trusted.

The Dollar still holds 65% of the world reserve status and rather than falling, is increasing strength daily as our consumer spending increases.

There is no prediction of the dollar falling, the economy crashing or people being evicted to live in the wilderness (if they can find a wilderness) anywhere but on the "doomsday is coming, buy our imaginary gold and let us keep it for you" Ponzi scheme websites sites.

hayshaker
03-18-2015, 10:39 AM
no it is not FM it is backed by gold.actully the us is not really much of a export nation as it once was. sure we export grain,meats,chemicals.war
and so forth. but mostly were a import nation and we have been exporting our industries overseas since the 1970,s.all by design i might add.
no you see empires come and go it,s time for this one to go. asia is the new deal like it or not. and this year will be very telling indeed.
not just economicly but militarily as well.

kyratshooter
03-18-2015, 10:44 AM
OK HS, why don't you google Yuan as world reserve currency.

Every single site says the same thing. The Yuan is not going to take over in the near furure, the dollar is not falling, but is gaining strength.

And in spite of the doomsday predictions, the US still holds 17% or the worlds manufacturing capacity. And one of the funny things about that rating??? It is measured on the global scale in dollars output.

Yes China passed us a couple of years ago, but that does not mean that all our manufacturing ended, it just means that with 20% of the world population China has an unmatchable pool of cheap labor.

As for our military power, that fluctuates with whatever administration is in power. It always has. We entered WW1 with no machine guns in our inventory and we sent marines into WW2 still armed with bolt action rifles and left over WW1 gear.

After just two google searches I am out of this one. We are at a "don't tell me the facts I know what I believe" junction.

hayshaker
03-18-2015, 10:54 AM
k rat the dollar is indeen climbing but the deal is it,s all smoke and mirrors. all the QE,s stock buy backs, and so on as for the Euro and yen
they themselves are doing thier own QE scams the derivitives scam with the Euro and it,s connection with the major US banks is
quite telling, and where do i get my info well sure not MSNBC or FOX or CNN thats for sure.and no youre right there is no wilderness
to speak of anymore.

kyratshooter
03-18-2015, 11:20 AM
http://www.kiplinger.com/tool/business/T019-S000-kiplinger-s-economic-outlooks/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billconerly/2015/01/06/economic-forecast-2015-2017/

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2015/02/02/the-u-s-economy-will-soon-see-its-best-years-in-a-decade-federal-forecasters-say/

Now the only thing I have left to say is see the signature below.

finallyME
03-18-2015, 12:09 PM
So let's say the dollar does fall....and the Yuen climbs to the top. What will that mean? First, it means that the Chinese will have a huge middle class. That will drive up production costs in China...and with a weak dollar, manufacturing in the US will be cheaper. It also means exporting US goods will be more profitable. It might even flip the trade deficit. I still can't see the negatives in a weak dollar.

Also, even in economic collapse, you won't see hordes of people camping longterm in the wilderness.

hunter63
03-18-2015, 12:24 PM
.............Also, even in economic collapse, you won't see hordes of people camping longterm in the wilderness.

Won't be able to afford it.....just stay home and go to work........Camping is expensive.

Fifth wheel, decent but low end.......$50k +
Truck to pull.....decent $50K
Fuel 10K per year
Camps ground membership 3K + per year.....make sure your dates are reserved.

Beer, snacks fast food and carry out..... $350 per week+ for (how long is this one gonna last?)= bunch of money.
Healthy foods ........$6 bucks per week.

Wifi, Dish TV, Cell.........can't have the connection go down.....$600 per month.

Meds with out supply........ 3 months.......

So when is this gonna start?

hayshaker
03-18-2015, 12:26 PM
i saw not longago just last year in fact when in a number of states the EBT card system failed for around eleven hours.
people ransacked walmarts there were fights in the parking lots. if for whatever reason the system failed for even a month
the welfare class would burn the country down. and for

kyrat shooter Kiplinger,forbes& theWSJ are all establishment financial outposts i for one any how would not believe
everything they say some but not every thing. one should concider exactly who owns these companies who sits on thier boards
and thier connections to the FED and top 5 banks. there are many agendas here at play. and as for the personal insult i,m tougher than that

kyratshooter
03-18-2015, 12:33 PM
http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?26664-how-do-you-stay-positive/page2

Stay positive HS.

You sound like one of the British over on their EOTW forums. No matter how good things are disaster is imminent. Let's run in circles with our hands in the air and squeal like little girls, get some panic going.

Last quarter net household income in the US was the highest in history, the economy is stable and growing at this point, property values are up, everything is up.

If you can not believe the best and most accurate financial predictors available I can do nothing for you.

Neither can anyone else.

Rick
03-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Are we gonna do this again? Seriously? The economy was going to crash in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. A few people saw the light and stopped posting holocaust in 2013 as the economy began to rebound. Not one single bad post in 2014 and now, after the economy has shown three straight years of growth, the stock market is breaking records, unemployment is the lowest it's been since June of 2008, and the Fed it wrapping up two days of meetings in which they will be changing their wording in approach of a rate increase and we're going back to the sky is falling? Did you miss the Great Recession?

I hate to tell you this but the Yuan (rinminbi) is NOT a global currency because the Chinese regulate the exchange rate so it can be anything they wake up wanting it to be. That's not how global currencies work. China, at present, has 3.8 trillion (with a T) of foreign exchange reserves and about $45 billion in gold (give or take according to the current price). And remember, gold prices fell about 28% or near that last year. The reason they are trying to stockpile gold is because their economy is slowing down and that means the Yuan can only go down. You are about 180 degrees out of phase on this one.

hunter63
03-18-2015, 02:20 PM
.....Sooooo....stop loading the truck?

Rick
03-18-2015, 02:26 PM
Yeah, better stop loading. Probably won't be able to purchase fuel. We went straight back to 16th century living after the great depression and still haven't recovered. Wait....that was the last Duck's Unlimited meeting we haven't recovered from....well, we haven't recovered from something.

hunter63
03-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Well, The next Dinner Event....Meeting is tonight.......so get to put my time on a gun board selling tickets......

kyratshooter
03-18-2015, 02:54 PM
OK, but what do we do about WW3 in July?

hunter63
03-18-2015, 03:05 PM
July?....This year?....again?......Gotta go pack the truck....check my camp ground time share for bug out dates available....
Y'all didn't tell anyone else did ya......Man will never get in.......

1stimestar
03-18-2015, 03:10 PM
.....Sooooo....stop loading the truck?

Hahhaha tried repping you for that one too but it was a no go.

crashdive123
03-18-2015, 03:14 PM
So Hayshaker....you're saying this should all happen by July?

Rick
03-18-2015, 03:14 PM
Holy Christmas. That's four months away. A lot can happen between now and then. We really need to lock down a date. It would be good if it happened after those social security checks are deposited. No tellin' when they'd arrive if the war starts before payday. It would probably be handy to know who we are at war with. We haven't been at war since 1945 so I'm not sure we'll even remember what to do. Just to be safe you might want to dig out those C rations. I'll trade a couple of "B" rations for some beef and potatoes. Anyone?

crashdive123
03-18-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm just wondering. Back in 2008 BraggSurvivor let all us rubes know that it was going to be in October. He was so sure of it that he said "YES" when I asked him ............. "If it doesn't happen by October can the membership conclude that you really don't know what you're talking about and should pay absolutely no attention to you when it comes to predicting such matters".

I just want to see how certain he is of the date before I ask Hayshaker the same question.

hunter63
03-18-2015, 03:22 PM
"You squatters better stay out of the camp ground.....I paid good money for that....Hey, get otta there, I'm bugging out....I have reservations......Dern it....don't make me break out the .....Hey what-cha shooting at.....Sheesh"

BYW... could use a more specific date?....ya know? ...Like Dec 20, 2012.....midnite That was a bust......
Dish TV went out at 11:50....thought "THIS IN IT"....called Dish.....Girl says, "No, Not TEOTWAWKI,..... Thunder storm....Will there be anything else sir?"

madmax
03-18-2015, 04:14 PM
SHTF, hit me up for a spot. It doesn't take but a few posts to tell who I'll respond to and who I won't.

Oh wait... there won't be free speech internet then. Crashdive will have to build a PIA machete for me. BWAAHAHAHA!

I'll bring tires.

Rick
03-18-2015, 04:28 PM
Bragg Survivor...chuckle.....He was so sure the world was ending he bought an $80K+ diesel pusher. Well, at least he owned it first.

Winnie
03-18-2015, 04:51 PM
July!?!?? Oh that's just great, *sigh* the first time in years I have a job and as a result, some spare cash and bit of luck with which I have managed to get my hands on a ticket to the British Grand Prix, which just so happens to take place the 4/5 July and now WW3 is pencilled in too? Well pook! Y'all will just have to start without me.

Edit to add: Phew! well a certain American Doomsday Forum has WW3 down for starting next month n Australia. If we're lucky, it will all be over by July.:D

kyratshooter
03-18-2015, 05:12 PM
Now that is one good reason for TEOTW to be postponed for at least a couple of days.

Tickets to the British GP.

Heck, if Jesus returned and St. Peter was standing at the pearly gates they would have to wait for the winner to cross the finish line for me to show up!

hayshaker
03-18-2015, 05:26 PM
boy how better get the tin foil hat out,hmm i don,t nessesarily mean july never know though.
don,t get all in a bungie it.ll happen it,s not if but when and that,s not far off.
hunter i,d still pack the truck any how panic early and beat the rush.omg,omg,omg hooooooooooooo

hunter63
03-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Actually the truck and trailer kinda stays packed......but then again I bug out a lot......To Louisiana, to Rondy's, to "The Place", to various camping trips around the country.

I just need to know if the water will still freeze....and the beer goes stale (ACK).......Can't let that happen.

We tried it a couple of times and can be on the road in about 30 min.....duration one week easy, 2 weeks getting low....3 weeks with a beer run.

hayshaker
03-18-2015, 05:40 PM
just don,t store canned beer bottles only cans leach aluminum over time. serious

Rick
03-18-2015, 06:36 PM
Since the inside of the cans are coated with an elastic resin to protect the aluminum from corrosion it's unlikely you'll ingest any aluminum. Serious.

wilderness medic
03-18-2015, 06:47 PM
boy how better get the tin foil hat out,

Whoa whoa whoa... Don't go doing anything crazy now.... I mean consider this...
http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q754/WildernessMedic/3otfx5_zpskyz4bbai.jpg (http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/WildernessMedic/media/3otfx5_zpskyz4bbai.jpg.html)

Rick
03-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Well, great. There's another question I have to ponder. I've been trying to figure out if it's shiny side out or shiny side in and now this. Thanks, buddy.

wilderness medic
03-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Well, great. There's another question I have to ponder. I've been trying to figure out if it's shiny side out or shiny side in and now this. Thanks, buddy.

Lol!!!!!

Start with the shiny side out, if they can still read your mind flip it to...shiny side out! Or better yet just to be sure fold it so it's double layered with both!

randyt
03-18-2015, 07:49 PM
a tinfoil pie plate tied on with a strip from a survival blanket performs the best

crashdive123
03-18-2015, 08:04 PM
boy how better get the tin foil hat out,hmm i don,t nessesarily mean july never know though.
don,t get all in a bungie it.ll happen it,s not if but when and that,s not far off.
hunter i,d still pack the truck any how panic early and beat the rush.omg,omg,omg hooooooooooooo

Hey, you started this thread. Don't go backtracking now. Stand up for your convictions.

Wildthang
03-22-2015, 10:07 AM
Anybody have a tin foil stash?

madmax
03-22-2015, 11:31 AM
I got rice.

Crash has cheese braut.

We're good.