PDA

View Full Version : A Rough Month

natertot
03-17-2015, 02:36 AM
I haven't been around much the past few weeks. It seems like when it rains, it does in fact pour.

Aside from the usual work, family and home up-keep, this month has been rough. On a good note, my daughter just had her 7th birthday, lost another tooth, and for the first time ever in school has accomplished straight A's. My son is also excelling in his school preparation classes which do challenge the little guy. I have also received a nice pay raise at work, having been recognized for many things that I thought went unnoticed. Just because you think no one is watching doesn't mean that it is so.

The rough stuff is my wife's work has flooded which has caused some chaos for her. Also, the transmission in her car went out. It was one of those CVT transmission and is $5800 to replace so I will never buy another car with one of those in it again. We opted to get a new car instead, which being an unplanned purchase has really caused a shift in the budget. We were also having to share one car for a week and a half which was so stinking stressful for planning. It also caused me to be confined to the house on my off days. No play time for a couple weeks really takes a toll on a man's morale.

We have gotten past all that so hopefully no more surprises for a bit. Time for me to get caught up on the forum!

1stimestar
03-17-2015, 02:50 AM
Ouch. Yea something like that that isn't in the budget sure does hurt. Sounds like you've all made it through everything with flying colors though. Congratulations on your straight A student.

Winnie
03-17-2015, 04:34 AM
The Totlass is going far, I've known that since meeting her. Totbud will find his way with time (I do miss those two) so it's great to hear they're both doing so well.

Good to know you've made it over this bump in the road and hopefully this will be the lot for a while.;)

crashdive123
03-17-2015, 06:19 AM
Glad you're getting through it OK. Good luck with the new ride.

Rick
03-17-2015, 06:32 AM
Sounds like life. Some good, some not so good. Congrats to the daughter on her straight A's. That's no small achievement. Congrats also on the raise too. That's always a welcome thing. When things like that hit I remind myself that neither my family nor I are in hospice care or a burn center. That sort of puts it in perspective for me. Still no fun but I'm glad you're past it.

Zack
03-17-2015, 06:35 AM
Sorry to hear about the flooding and car issues, but those things happen. But it sounds like you've got a lot going your way, all things considered! Glad to hear it and happy you're back!

hunter63
03-17-2015, 11:01 AM
As much as it seem like all of that was a PITA as you went along....the result was still very workable and good news....

So congrats, my friend, on the kids, the raise, the fact momma still has the job.......and of course the raise goes to the new wheels.....LOL.

How is the horn.....?

crashdive123
03-17-2015, 04:47 PM
How is the horn.....?

.....at 2:30 AM......:whistling: