PDA

View Full Version : flushing the old eyeball out

randyt
03-15-2015, 10:41 PM
Man-o-man, earlier today I was spraying a rifle chamber out with a can of gun scrubber. Anyhoo the stem has a crack in it and I got shot in the eye with gun scrubber. It stung, it hurt, it burned. I made a mad dash to the shower and flushed my eye out. Holy crap what a scare.

welderguy
03-15-2015, 11:28 PM
Did it feel like you have sand after? I hate getting stuff in my eye drives me nuts!!! Hope its better now and your seeing OK?

1stimestar
03-16-2015, 04:44 AM
Yowsa. Not good.

Rick
03-16-2015, 07:31 AM
One of the reasons they make safety glasses. But, then, you know that. Glad it turned out okay.

hunter63
03-16-2015, 10:11 AM
I still order and wear safety glass lenses in my glasses....and it does help.
But a spray in the eyes can still get nasty quick with out full goggles.....

Shower is the best flusher, with side dumping second.....

Shops had eye wash stations and showers....we worked with acid and other chemicals.

Hope it works out for you......That can be a close one......

Worked with a guy that had a dead eye from alkaline boiler treatment......

randyt
03-16-2015, 07:10 PM
It seems like the older I get, the goofier I'll be "darned" accidents happen. In this case safety glasses would not have helped, it came at me real sneaky like.
all is well.

Rick
03-17-2015, 07:02 AM
I hate sneaky cans of anything. I once ran a can of black spray paint through the snowblower after it hid inside the primary blades. It won't ever do that again and it must have been a good lesson for the rest of the cans because none of them have tried that little trick since then.

Auban
03-17-2015, 08:40 AM
It seems like the older I get, the goofier I'll be "darned" accidents happen. In this case safety glasses would not have helped, it came at me real sneaky like.
all is well.

Yeah, sometimes safety glasses don't save you...
I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Grizz123
03-17-2015, 11:16 AM
Thats one of the reasons I switched to frog lube

hunter63
03-17-2015, 11:34 AM
I hate sneaky cans of anything. I once ran a can of black spray paint through the snowblower after it hid inside the primary blades. It won't ever do that again and it must have been a good lesson for the rest of the cans because none of them have tried that little trick since then.

Bhohahaha....sneaky little bass turds for sure.

I think as I get older, bifocals get stronger, stuff isn't where it should be, for tripping and garbing for stuff that isn't there...... gets really fun.

Don't even get me started on getting a tater chip or ketchup package open with out my trusty RAT 5......

Rick
03-17-2015, 11:40 AM
Are you kidding? What's up with the packages? My wife and I have to do a tag team match to get one of them open. I wrestle with it for a while, give up and give it to her. By the time we getting done beating the package around the kitchen it's usually just crumbs left. And....wait until you try trifocals. That's fun trying to figure out where the steps are really at and why they keep moving. Almost like spearing fish.

hunter63
03-17-2015, 12:12 PM
News flash....old guy found, blinded by something in eye, couldn't get eye wash bag opened, and stabbed self with tactical scissors.
Ranting and raving, making up cuss words.... had to be tasered, swinging that cane around and all.......

Rick
03-17-2015, 01:11 PM
That's the ticket. These drug addicts only need to wait until they get old. Be on the wrong blood pressure medicine and get up quickly or just bend over and stand up. You get a 15 second high, swimmy head, the whole thing.

We were watching a show and some old gal said she was still pretty limber and could place her hands flat on the floor. Then she demonstrated. I said, heck I can do that. I hopped up and put my hands flat on the floor. My wife informed me that was called falling over and it didn't count. I told her to stop talking and help me up.

hunter63
03-17-2015, 01:28 PM
....drugs are no fun if you have to take them.......

Rick
03-17-2015, 02:32 PM
The fun comes in trying to remember if you took them or not.

hunter63
03-17-2015, 02:44 PM
See what you are looking forward to, randy........at least you can still see it.....

randyt
03-17-2015, 08:13 PM
I just can't hardly wait LOL

hunter63
03-17-2015, 08:37 PM
I just can't hardly wait LOL

Huh?....What were we talking about....?

randyt
03-17-2015, 08:39 PM
I thought you were talking about bacon LOL

hunter63
03-17-2015, 08:42 PM
Yeah, YEAH....That's the ticket....Bacon....I recall now.....