PDA

View Full Version : update on shoulder and whatnot

randyt
03-09-2015, 09:22 PM
I went and seen the doc. I have a tear but he recommended a shot, with a two foot long needle or so it seemed. He used some kind of ultra sound to stick it exactly where it needed to be. My shoulder feels good, I could go back to splitting wood with a maul but I'm going to take it easy for a while.

and whatnot, I had a upper scope and a lower scope, all is good there other than a ulcer. Doc put me on some medicine and I feel pretty good, can even drink a cup of coffee now and then. There for awhile I felt like hammered crap, feeling better now.

hunter63
03-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Hammered crap?....LOL now that's a new one......
Good to hear stuff is feeling better
Tummy been giving me some trouble but with a handful of pills a day for other stuff...makes ya kinda wonder.

Doing the Doc want me to take this....Insurance wants to pay for that...so doing the "call this one to call that one" to get it straightened out, today...
Funny part is same insurance has no problem paying for the same scrip for DW?....Go figure.

Getting old isn't for wimps....and trying to not play, "The owie,..one ups man ship, with friends"...LOL

Hate needles.

canid
03-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Cortisone? I'm glad to hear you have some relief. Take care of yourself as best you can.

crashdive123
03-10-2015, 04:34 AM
Sounds like a good prognosis RT.

Rick
03-10-2015, 05:31 AM
I'm glad you're feeling better. The taking it easy part is probably a good idea. A cup of coffee now and then?! What's next? No bacon? Oh, the humanity.

crashdive123
03-10-2015, 08:03 AM
He must have meant a cup of coffee now and now. Probably the pain medications causing a weaker moment.

1stimestar
03-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Glad you're on the upswing. Keep reminding yourself to NOT do the stuff you've been putting off because now you feel better.

randyt
03-10-2015, 07:46 PM
thanks form the replies. I was feeling pretty good and today I was on a job and went to step off a porch. Stepped on the top step and the edge of it broke off, I went down hard. I was thinking on the way down " if my back is broken I hope there is cell phone service here". I hit bottom and barely got back up, thought I was going to vomit. I stretched a little bit, finished my work and though "holy crap I am lucky" Tomorrow morning I'm going to be hurting

crashdive123
03-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Glad it didn't turn out any worse.

Solar Geek
03-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Wow bad luck today. Take pain meds and take it easy tomorrow.

Pennsylvania Mike
03-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Hope you are feeling better today, I suffered with back pains for several years so I know what that is like.