PDA

View Full Version : poodle shooters and the internet.

hayshaker
02-27-2015, 01:07 PM
i t is very inerresting that at the same time our grand poobah want,s to ban ar-15 ammo or at least m-855 i believe.
and at the same time sign into law the Internet nutrality act. far more than not of the sites we vist on a daliy basis
eill be banned from the internet. sites like anything to do with the truth our patriot radio shows,shtfm,republic broadcasting
network. gcn radio and the list goes on.anything todo with self suficientcy, survival political and then some we are about to lose it all. many of us here as well as elsewhere will compleately lose contact for good cause many people are more paranoid of fourm members knowing there ph# or adress than the govt. wake up the G already knows where you are. the govt by injecting fear and paranoia into preppers it only devides us for them that is good but not for us. just saying.the time indeed is at hand.

Rick
02-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Uh, no. That's not what net neutrality is about. A little investigating wouldn't hurt ya know. Seriously, not everything in life is a conspiracy. Just some of it but I'm sworn not to divulge which part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality

welderguy
02-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Why ya always gotta wreck things with fact Rick!!! and you sure your not just saying everything isn't a conspiracy because you have inside info that it really is??!!??

Rick
02-27-2015, 01:40 PM
Hey, I signed the papers. I can't talk about it.

welderguy
02-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Talk about what?

Rick
02-27-2015, 01:43 PM
'Zactly.....

hunter63
02-27-2015, 02:15 PM
Looked out the door, just now.......nothing happening......????
Rick, How a about a hint?

Winnie
02-27-2015, 03:44 PM
As I.F.A.R.T.E.D may I just remind some folks on here exactly what they signed up for???...... Ya'll know what happened to the boat, well, it's not the only thing missing from the F.A.R.T roster lately, just sayin':sneaky2:

Oh, and who's on tinfoil clean-up duty this week?

welderguy
02-27-2015, 04:03 PM
I found that the tinfoil hat wasnt enough I upgraded

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/welderguy/158614589_zps6p719cwx.jpg

Rick
02-27-2015, 04:22 PM
You want a hint? Okay. First, you have to believe there are intelligence agencies within the U.S. Government. If Capital Hill is any indication then that whole idea is out the window. The fact that people actually believe there are signs of life within the government is, in itself, a conspiracy. I've said all I can say. There's probably going to be a knock at the door any minute.

TXyakr
02-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Overall I was happy to see net neutrality get support from the U.S. gov. However I was disappointed that the Internet providers could not work it out like big boys and girls.

Now this ban on AR-15 ammo is a new one show me some evidence. Wait let me grab my tin hat first.

Oh and my teenage daughter was about to get all up in the face of Verizon not the U.S. gov if her Netflix and YouTube slowed down. LOL

We pay well over $2000/year for 150MB/sec Fiber to the house of Internet guaranteed service. The 3 women in my house each try to Hog about 60-80MB/s continuously. I am lucky if I get a few KB. Há ha ha ain't life grand? Verizon said I could sell my left kidney and get 600MB/sec. LOL

Rick
02-27-2015, 06:02 PM
What was the incentive for them to work it out? They were making money, which is what corporations are supposed to do.

LowKey
02-27-2015, 08:37 PM
ban on m855
http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2015/02/24/why-is-the-atf-moving-to-ban-common-rifle-ammo/

The ATF has opened a public-comment period until March 16. Email APAComments@atf.gov to give your opinion.

tundrabadger
02-27-2015, 09:55 PM
"poodle shooters"?

Why would you shoot a poodle? Poodles are lovely dogs.

hayshaker
02-27-2015, 11:10 PM
TB poodle shooter is just a term of affection for the AR platform.

tundrabadger
02-27-2015, 11:16 PM

I kind of guessed, but it was an unparalleled excuse to say some ridiculous, and I had a long day.

Grizz123
02-28-2015, 11:51 AM
They passed a bill that consist of over 300 pages and no one is aloud to read it prior to passing, AND some of you dont think thats strange or worrisome???? It still has not been released for review but we are supposed to trust those who signed it into law??? The last time that happened was when Pelosi said they needed to pass the bill to find out what was in the bill, regarding the passing of Obamacare, where did that get us????

The IRS targeted Conservative groups and lied about it, for over a year they said they "lost" the emails (maybe they should have hired Rick to find them?) and it was reported yesterday that they have over 3,000 emails plus 500 boxes (I dont know what they mean by this) containing more email. And you expect us to trust anyone in the govt?

If you like your Dr, you can keep your Dr. - shovel ready jobs - not a smidgen of evidence of wrong doing by the IRS - a few off of the high stack of lies from this administration.

The simplest point to make is this - can anyone name a govt regulation that has been good for the American people and the respects the Constitution?? Everything they touch turns to crap, regardless of the party affiliation.

hunter63
02-28-2015, 11:59 AM

...He says with tongue in cheek......

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poodle+shooter

Rick
02-28-2015, 12:13 PM
Uh, Grizz. Go back and re-read the posts. No one said trust anyone. Hayshaker said that web sites would now be banned from the internet. That's not what it's about. If you want to hammer us at least quote us correctly.

Grizz123
02-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Net neutrality = every site on the net is equal

The 300+ page document has been sealed so no one truly knows what it says, therefore I base my opinions on the previous actions taken within the current administration.

I believe some sites will be shut down, slowed down or "lost" in order to equalize the playing field. If there are 200 liberal sites there can be no more than 200 conservative sites. Hunting vs anti hunting sites - pro gun vs anti gun sites - meat eaters vs vegan sites - , ford vs chevy sites, etc...

It won't happen tomorrow but it will happen. We should table this subject until the 2016 elections and compare how things have changed then, if the site is still up and running.

tundrabadger
02-28-2015, 01:17 PM
that's not what net neutrality means. Neutrality in this case doesn't refer to the net being neutral with regard to opinions...which is good, because in my experience you can ask a question to a room with 10 people in it and get about 25 different opinions... it refers to ISPs not being able to create multi-tiered service. Rather, if net neutrality is a policy, all internet traffic is treated equally. you can't have, for example, Rogers going "well, wilderness-survival.net is hosted by our competition, so if tundrabadger wants to access that site, it's going to be really slow, and urban dictionary just doesn't seem like our kind of people, so that won't be fast either, but tumblr is one of ours, so he'll get great service for that"

crashdive123
02-28-2015, 01:44 PM
While it certainly is possible - maybe even probable that some sites will be shut down once the internet is run as "public utility that is fair to all", I think the bigger things that will come out of this will be:

-> Higher user fees for you and I. Businesses are not in the habit of eating higher costs. They exist to make a profit.
-> Less innovation. Research and development costs money. If businesses are then expected/forced/taxed/fined into providing that innovation to everybody at a "fair" price - what is their incentive?
-> Slower internet speeds. Bandwith and speed cost money. Since when was it a crime to offer a better product (faster speeds) at a higher price? If ISP's are forced to make everybody "equal" you can bet it won't be with the service that costs them the most.

Of course, until we actually see the regulations and how the court challenges/legislative actions proceed - we really don't know what will happen. Two of the commissioners painted a picture that was not pleasant.

Call and write your elected officials. Let your voice be heard!

crashdive123
02-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Here are one commissioners thoughts. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/10/fcc-commissioner-blasts-obamas-net-neutrality-plan/?page=all

There are quite a few more sources available that are not happy with net neutrality. I suspect that like many big government regulations, most people will not be happy once the learn what they actually are.

Rick
02-28-2015, 03:09 PM
Here's the way I see it. In 1983 Judge Harold Greene gave final approval to break up the largest telecom corporation in the world. That was AT&T. For those of us in the industry we were certain it spelled doom and, to a certain degree, it did. Hundreds of thousands of employees from many different companies lost their jobs. What it did do was place everyone on an equal footing. That spurred both long term telecom companies and newly formed startups to invent and reinvent. It resulted in the dizzying array of mobile telecom products that we see today including streaming TV and movies on your phone and home. Had Judge Greene decided in favor of AT&T that would never have happened.

Today, a select few giants, Comcast, Verizon and AT&T most notably, dominate the net with product offerings across a hodge podge of regulation. AT&T and Verizon are considered telecoms while Comcast is not, yet they offer the same set of services. There is a vast difference between being regulated as a telecom and not being regulated that way. To muddy the water, those companies can offer higher speeds to companies like Netflix and throttle usage by the rest of us to ensure the higher paying companies get their product through the pipe.

This decision levels that playing field so that Comcast and other cable providers are treated the same as any other telecom company. More importantly, no one can pay more for additional speed. That will probably impact me. I pay more for a higher download rate. Tomorrow, that will probably go away.

Netflix isn't going to be happy about the deal and neither will the cable companies but it will open the door to smaller entrepreneurs to develop products that can now compete with the big boys. Net neutrality is going to be on a par with the Judge Greene decision in allowing new and diverse products to enter the market place. And let's not forget that pricing for telecoms is at the sole discretion of the state regulatory commissions. And they have plenty of watchdog organizations to keep wholesale increases in check.

This ruling will still have to cross judicial hurdles and it will be interesting to see who is filing suit against the FCC's decision. No doubt you'll see names like Comcast, Verizon and At&T probably via groups like the United States Telecom Association or the NCTA or the American Cable Association. Let's hope this rule stands the judicial test. The products it can wind up providing us probably haven't even been dreamed about yet.

Just my .02 worth.

LowKey
02-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Thank you Rick. That's a really good explanation of Net Neutrality. So many people do not understand that it really is a good thing.

Iskander
03-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Back then before they were broken up AT&T was the largest phone company in the world but they have never been the largest corporation in the world. Maybe that's what you meant.

hayshaker
03-01-2015, 01:07 PM
ya,ll can call me a tinfoil hat but by way of windows, xp there are sites i can no longer log on to due to security cirtifacate errors. sites i have been visiting for a few years even some things on this site as well such as photos posted.
ads on othersites,

Winnie
03-01-2015, 01:23 PM
ya,ll can call me a tinfoil hat but by way of windows, xp there are sites i can no longer log on to due to security cirtifacate errors. sites i have been visiting for a few years even some things on this site as well such as photos posted.
ads on othersites,

Thats's more likely due to XP no longer being supported by Microssoft. Taken from MS website. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/end-support-help

" What happens if I continue to use Windows XP?

If you continue to use Windows XP now that support has ended, your computer will still work but it might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Internet Explorer 8 is also no longer supported, so if your Windows XP PC is connected to the Internet and you use Internet Explorer 8 to surf the web, you might be exposing your PC to additional threats. Also, as more software and hardware manufacturers continue to optimize for more recent versions of Windows, you can expect to encounter more apps and devices that do not work with Windows XP. " Simples!

kyratshooter
03-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Not to mention that the "doomsday survival forum" format has almost disappeared from the internet due to lack of interest.

It seems the world will not end as scheduled and folks lose interest and start posting selfies on Facebook.

The true self sufficient group moves to focus groups that deal with those issues hands on rather than bashing each other with probabilities and theory.

The tactical geniuses also move into paramilitary areas where they are more comfortable plotting the demise of the sheeple.

The venue is more popular in other countries where the economy is still in the pits, but you probably need a good translation program which XP will not support.

Rick
03-01-2015, 03:18 PM
AT&T was the largest phone company in the world but they have never been the largest corporation in the world.

Ooops. Left out "telecom" corporation. Thanks for catching that. I've corrected the post.

Rick
03-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Hayshaker, the problems you described have nothing to do with net neutrality or any government agency. Digital security certificates are used by websites to establish a secure connection between your computer and their server. This is generally, but not always, done because they sell items or do banking or other types of commerce in which sensitive information such as credit card information is transmitted. The certificates are purchased from companies like GlobalSign for a specific period of time; generally one year. After that time they expire if they are not renewed. Simple as that. If you encounter an expired certificate try typing in the address using httpS://www.whatever.com. I've emphasized the S so it stands out. You don't have to capitalize it.

If you are using Windows Explorer here are some solutions for you:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/certificate-errors#1TC=windows-7

It's pretty easy to research some of this stuff. Just do a google search on whatever error you're running into and most of the time you'll find valid suggestions in how to deal with it. It's really not conspiracy stuff. Just technical.

But like Winnie said, XP is pretty much a boat anchor today and no one is coding for it. You'll continue to run into more and more problems as life moves forward simply because the net is advancing beyond XPs capabilities to interpret site language.

Grizz123
03-02-2015, 12:02 PM
In the 70's when Nixon help to start the EPA, he could have never dreamed that later in time the agency would be responsible for shutting down loggers, ranches and farms because minnows, owls, frogs and mice are considered more important than humans.

How could anyone ever fear that the IRS would target them due to political affiliations, THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK FOR US. It was reported on the morning news that it continues to go on in NM today and none of the groups have received their 501c status needed to operate.

In the late 70's the govt. started funding public schools which turned into - the schools get the money if they follow certain "guidelines" which has turned into dumb downed classes with common core teachings. Records show grades have steadily fallen since the govt got involved.

The current administration has learned for our past and is using it against us. They have stated repeatedly that if they cant legislate their wants into laws, they will regulate them into law. Net neutrality is just one more from of regulation they are selling as one thing, but producing something else.

Batch
03-02-2015, 12:23 PM
In the 70's when Nixon help to start the EPA, he could have never dreamed that later in time the agency would be responsible for shutting down loggers, ranches and farms because minnows, owls, frogs and mice are considered more important than humans.

How could anyone ever fear that the IRS would target them due to political affiliations, THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK FOR US. It was reported on the morning news that it continues to go on in NM today and none of the groups have received their 501c status needed to operate.

In the late 70's the govt. started funding public schools which turned into - the schools get the money if they follow certain "guidelines" which has turned into dumb downed classes with common core teachings. Records show grades have steadily fallen since the govt got involved.

The current administration has learned for our past and is using it against us. They have stated repeatedly that if they cant legislate their wants into laws, they will regulate them into law. Net neutrality is just one more from of regulation they are selling as one thing, but producing something else.

Hey Y'all, I'm from the guberment and I am here to help. Free money and all.

Rick
03-02-2015, 12:40 PM
Wow. We'll all I can say is I'm glad they ARE protecting animals that otherwise might be driven to extinction because of our insatiable greed. I guess you could take the approach that humans are top tier and nothing below us matters. I don't view it that way.

As to net neutrality, time will tell. But out of curiosity, what is the something else they are producing?