PDA

View Full Version : Good items to keep for WW3

xxscriptzxx
02-15-2015, 09:44 PM
We all know its happening, so here is what to get NOW:
Pennies:
Copper can be formed into things, as well as zink.
They can make power

Metals:
Steel
Aluminium
Knife

Flint and Steel
or
Quarts and Quarts
or
Flint and Quarts
or
Quarts and Steel

Hammer
Tools
Rocks
Lighters (When they go out THEY WILL STILL THROW SPARK)
Water,
fill everything you wan't to with water
Seeds
Food

Barter:
Condoms
Tampons
Sex toys
Shampoo
Dog food
Sugar
Junk food

wilderness medic
02-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Byeeeeeeee

crashdive123
02-15-2015, 11:01 PM
Yeah......good luck with that.

shiftyer1
02-16-2015, 03:43 AM
Cheese, I've been stockpiling tons of cheese. Everybody loves cheese i'll be able to trade for ANYTHING!

Zack
02-16-2015, 07:26 AM
We all know its happening, so here is what to get NOW:
Pennies:
Copper can be formed into things, as well as zink.
They can make power

Metals:
Steel
Aluminium
Knife

Flint and Steel
or
Quarts and Quarts
or
Flint and Quarts
or
Quarts and Steel

Hammer
Tools
Rocks
Lighters (When they go out THEY WILL STILL THROW SPARK)
Water,
fill everything you wan't to with water
Seeds
Food

Barter:
Condoms
Tampons
Sex toys
Shampoo
Dog food
Sugar
Junk food

I'm no expert, but I don't think that WWIII is the most direct threat to the world right now. It's an entertaining hypothetical though. If I had to add something to the list, I would say to add some bags of rice to both your personal storage and barter list. Also, you could add a gas-powered generator.

canid
02-16-2015, 07:42 AM
I would agree that it is eventually inevitable but I can't say by then I won't have my trusty laser pistol and flying car. For now my emergency planning is a little more general.

Zack
02-16-2015, 08:34 AM
I was just checking my email and I found this:

http://www.offthegridnews.com/2015/02/16/the-9-best-pantry-foods-to-store-for-a-crisis/

Maybe it'll help...

Rick
02-16-2015, 08:36 AM
I've been writing my Congressmen. I think we should just skip WWIII and go directly to WWIV. It would save a ton of pennies.

xjosh40x
02-16-2015, 10:54 AM
We can't deny that WW3 will come, in our lifetime, probably not. But it's human nature to get PO and overreact, or just common knowledge that someone somewhere wants what you want and will attack for it. Even if a massive world war broke out tomorrow I doubt having some rocks and condoms will put you over the survival curb. Not picking on your strategy but take it from a guy who has fought in war. You'll need a lot more than that.

hunter63
02-16-2015, 01:32 PM
I have to say that has to be the heaviest and least useful list I have ever seen.
Needs some work.

"sex toys" ...... Seriously?

wilderness medic
02-16-2015, 01:44 PM
We can't deny that WW3 will come, in our lifetime, probably not. But it's human nature to get PO and overreact, or just common knowledge that someone somewhere wants what you want and will attack for it. Even if a massive world war broke out tomorrow I doubt having some rocks and condoms will put you over the survival curb. Not picking on your strategy but take it from a guy who has fought in war. You'll need a lot more than that.

No way you don't think the sex toys will get him through? Haha.

xjosh40x
02-16-2015, 01:44 PM
You must realize that if a force ever does attack the US mainland they will be pretty equipped. NVGs, thermal imaging, top notch comms, and better weapons. Not including man power and air. If you think going out in the woods and hiding will save you realize that the enemy has the training and tech to find you. If you want to survive then submit yourself to the possibility of refugee camps or if you want to be part of the resistance then better get with a group. Whatever your choices make sure your positive of what it is you're getting into cause there won't be a chance to change your mind.

Rick
02-16-2015, 01:48 PM
Ain't gonna happen. I forbid it. No Commie is messin' with my senior discounts!

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/attachments/bad-dog-cafe/137747d1344177545-jeff-dunham-jeff-dunham-walter-jpg (http://www.tdpri.com/forum/attachments/bad-dog-cafe/137747d1344177545-jeff-dunham-jeff-dunham-walter-jpg)

xjosh40x
02-16-2015, 01:50 PM
No way you don't think the sex toys will get him through? Haha.

Well I guess one could have a good time during the end of mankind!!! Ha

hunter63
02-16-2015, 01:50 PM
Maybe just sell an "invader sticker" for $5 bucks to put your varmint hunting license?

Automatic weapons will be allowed,..... as well a baiting.
Groups will be allowed.

Iskander
02-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Just remember before you become a master fisher, you have to be a master baiter.

hunter63
02-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Just remember before you become a master fisher, you have to be a master baiter.

LOL.....Good one.

Actually when I saw your name, though it was another silver reference....LOL......and I was gonna agree with you.

Iskander
02-16-2015, 04:05 PM
Lol no but he makes a decent point about copper and zinc. Now all I have to do is learn how to actually make a battery with it. And how to use a makeshift battery with my appliances so I can still watch Walking Dead while real S is H-ing TF so I can be like "Man why couldn't it have been like THIS?"

MrFixIt
02-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Me and my buddies are gonna go all "Red Dawn", the senior version on 'em!

Iskander
02-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Wait wait. I should have said: so I don't have to worry about my sex toy dying. "Hang in there Valerie! I just need to go grab some zinc and we'll get you all fixed up. Don't you die on me!!"

Davidlastink
02-16-2015, 04:29 PM
@ Iskander , is your name a reference to Alexander the great?

Lead. People always overlook lead. If nothing else it makes for good paint.

Iskander
02-16-2015, 04:34 PM
But in all honesty I don't know what the copper:zinc ratio needs to be to make a battery (the important question is do you know how to make a fully functioning battery like this?). In 1982 they changed the makeup of pennies (again) to be copper plated zinc. So you got like 95% zinc, the rest copper. Why not just buy copper since it's currently less than $3 a pound? Zinc is presumably even cheaper, otherwise the penny composition would probably be reversed. Sounds like a better idea than stacking tiny pennies that have only tiny amounts of copper in them.

EDIT: did me some research. It would cost roughly one dollar more to buy a pound of pennies than to just buy a pound of copper. Zinc is less than a dollar a pound (remember if you bought a pound of pennies 95% of that pound is zinc). In conclusion, saving pennies to use their metal composition is literally not worth it.

Iskander
02-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Yes it is David :) Don't know much about lead other than how dangerous it is. Can it be used in the same way?

hunter63
02-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Yes it is David :) Don't know much about lead other than how dangerous it is. Can it be used in the same way?

Lead can be very dangerous and induce a "sudden illness" at 800 ft. per second and up.....

kyratshooter
02-16-2015, 06:36 PM
You must realize that if a force ever does attack the US mainland they will be pretty equipped. NVGs, thermal imaging, top notch comms, and better weapons. Not including man power and air. If you think going out in the woods and hiding will save you realize that the enemy has the training and tech to find you. If you want to survive then submit yourself to the possibility of refugee camps or if you want to be part of the resistance then better get with a group. Whatever your choices make sure your positive of what it is you're getting into cause there won't be a chance to change your mind.

Too this day I do not believe there is a first world nation that would have technology of this nature that could equip, transport and execute and invasion across either ocean barrier bordering the US with any element of surprise. Without the element of surprise tactical nukes or conventional weapons could be used to eliminate them mid ocean.

My biggest worry is the Damn Yankees coming back after the second succession!

Iskander
02-16-2015, 06:37 PM
Hunter you should probably make the switch to silver bullets. Everyone talks about the zombie apocalypse, but the experts all agree a werewolf apocalypse is much more likely.

hunter63
02-16-2015, 06:41 PM
Hunter you should probably make the switch to silver bullets. Everyone talks about the zombie apocalypse, but the experts all agree a werewolf apocalypse is much more likely.

Got it covered...silver tipped bullets.
Problem is, when you shoot a werewolf, they change back......most seem to be people I know ...that owe me money.....

Iskander
02-16-2015, 06:46 PM
Shooting silver into people that owe you money definitely doesn't make sense either. I don't know what to tell ya man!

natertot
02-16-2015, 06:50 PM
I personally believe that we will experience a civil war in our country before we experience a world war 3. Either way, the preparedness should be the same.

as far as sex toys go, mine is always attached and requires no batteries!

oldsoldier
02-16-2015, 06:52 PM
"sex toys" ...... Seriously?

I think after the first two or three items my mind kinda turned off! Had to go back and read the list to see where I moissed that one. LOL

oldsoldier
02-16-2015, 06:56 PM
Me and my buddies are gonna go all "Red Dawn", the senior version on 'em!

Come on up if ya want to and group up with my bunch of old farts!

Iskander
02-16-2015, 06:58 PM
I think after the first two or three items my mind kinda turned off!

Did it get turned on after going back and seeing that?

hunter63
02-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Come on up if ya want to and group up with my bunch of old farts!

Bunch of old guy probably need the sex toys...or meds....

"Here they come, shake your rubber Richard at them"....that outa scare off any one......

Zack
02-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Lead can be very dangerous and induce a "sudden illness" at 800 ft. per second and up.....

Yes, it certainly is...

But in all seriousness, if he really wants to store metals for WWIII, I think a muzzleloader, several pounds of powder, and a bullet mold would be a good addition. I don't know how well a copper bullet will work, but it may be worth a shot. Like somebody else said, lead would be good too. As long as you have something to make bullets out of, powder, and flints or primers, you've got the potential to take game and if you play your cards like a pro, maybe even defend yourself against a single attacker...

Now that I think about it though, you could get a bow and skip a lot of the trouble...

xjosh40x
02-16-2015, 07:45 PM
Too this day I do not believe there is a first world nation that would have technology of this nature that could equip, transport and execute and invasion across either ocean barrier bordering the US with any element of surprise. Without the element of surprise tactical nukes or conventional weapons could be used to eliminate them mid ocean.

I agree. The US is too advanced and strong to be invaded overnight. And on top of that I believe it's around 88 of 100 Americans own firearms. And we all know that we Americans are born with the passion to protect what's ours. I'm just making a note that if a "RedDawn" scenario arises you won't do like the movie and head a revolt.

And I too am more afraid of the yellow belly Yankees and libs trying to ruin my way of life!

kyratshooter
02-16-2015, 07:49 PM
If I don't head the revolt who's going too?

These young whipper-snappers of today don't know crap about fighting a guerilla war!

!!!! WOLVERINES !!!!

Iskander
02-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Not that I'd like to take a muzzleloader to a gunfight, mostly because I don't want to even engage in a gunfight, but at least it's better than a fistfight...

Now that I think about it though, you could get a bow and skip a lot of the trouble...

Bowfight could be interesting. Why do you say a gunfight is better than a fistfight? You're much more likely to die in the former. But in this imagined doomsday/WW3 world if you get in a fight (unless it's just a scuffle with someone in your group) it's probably going to be to the death. So fists, guns, a rolled up magazine, whatever you can do to mean you being alive and your attacker not. But I'd rather be the one with a gun not a magazine..that would be OP. He's going all out with sex toys so I'm assuming he's at least got some nudey mags in that essentials list too. You could offer a deal, like throw in a Penthouse for each one of your customers that buys a pocket pussy or whatever.

Davidlastink
02-16-2015, 08:34 PM
Copper wire and magnets.

As far as WW3 numbers can beat tech. Northern invasion, dem Can-indians with their maple syrup are just sleeping, they provide the foothold and the Chinese can roll over a big chunk of wash/northwest, including alaska.

Its hard to see Canada as a threat but they are if they care to try.

xjosh40x
02-16-2015, 08:50 PM
Ha I served with some Canadians overseas. Good guys but it's true, they are extremely apologetic haha. They would attack then apologize.

Seriously, I could see an invasion. But not a mass invasion. The American military is a lot stronger than the public realizes. Our leaders....eh I'd rather keep my mouth shut. But the individual troop will fight to the last breathe and be thankful for the chance. I could see a sneak invasion of a large terriorist cell sneaking across the Mexican border cause we all know with the new administration how relaxed it had gotten.

Batch
02-16-2015, 10:28 PM

The Second War of Northern Aggression...

Zack
02-16-2015, 11:30 PM
Bowfight could be interesting. Why do you say a gunfight is better than a fistfight? You're much more likely to die in the former. But in this imagined doomsday/WW3 world if you get in a fight (unless it's just a scuffle with someone in your group) it's probably going to be to the death. So fists, guns, a rolled up magazine, whatever you can do to mean you being alive and your attacker not. But I'd rather be the one with a gun not a magazine..that would be OP. He's going all out with sex toys so I'm assuming he's at least got some nudey mags in that essentials list too. You could offer a deal, like throw in a Penthouse for each one of your customers that buys a pocket pussy or whatever.

It could have been better phrased, but what I meant is that I'd rather have a muzzleloader than nothing when the chips are down... But I have absolutely no combat training at all, so I may be wrong. I'm just using common sense... But I don't think that this is the right place to talk about self-defense.

But for off the grid living, or grid-down living, I think that a muzzleloader would make a decent utility rifle out to 150 yards. I don't know what area you're from, but in Delaware, the largest game I can possibly see myself taking is a 200 lb. deer. Maybe a small bear if things really got crazy... What do you think?

If fighting did come your way , look at situations like Ukraine, Syria, and maybe even Ferguson, where you may not be a soldier or refugee, but simply a resident in an area where fighting is going on, you probably wont have the conveniences of grocery stores, gas stations, and electricity. I think that something like a bow or muzzleloader would be a solid option for hunting. Once again, I may be wrong, but I'm just trying to use common sense.

Iskander
02-17-2015, 12:16 AM
I'm no expert either. My ideas are all hypothetical. But, personally, a muzzleloader would probably be one of my last choices. Depends on the situation, if you're hoping to remain undetected, well that rules out pretty much all firearms unless you have or can make a reliable suppressor. Bow/crossbow would be ideal for hunting in that situation. If you had to fight other humans (who have guns) you'd probably be better off with a bow than a single shot muzzleloader. If you're just talking about longterm survival, and the issue of ammunition, you're still going to have to have a steady supply of gunpowder, and even if you have the metal, you'll have to learn how to shape and mold it into the appropriate proportions, if this is your only means of ammunition. This could be difficult, impossible (depending on your equipment) and dangerous. If it comes down to raiding for supplies, do you think you'll be more likely to find raw gunpowder and/or bullets to fit your muzzleloader, or ready-to-fire easily recognizable rifle rounds? One last thing to consider is if you're hunting, what if you miss or don't get a vital hit? When it comes to putting food on the proverbial table, being able to make a quick second chance shot could be vital. That's just my personal thoughts on it.

canid
02-17-2015, 12:23 AM
Can I take a moment to observe that in this large scale land invasion of my country scenario I'll probably be issued the same equipment, uniform, weapons and training as the rest of the volunteers and draftees?

Iskander
02-17-2015, 12:30 AM
The wildlife (at least the big game) is similar here in Arkansas. I think my most important gun (at least equally as important as a high powered hunting rifle, yet to be purchased) is my .410/.22 combo. I'm much more likely to feed myself with squirrels, rabbits, even birds than deer, just because they're so much more plentiful, which makes the gun more useful to me. I also have a handgun I'd probably have on me in this type of situation but that is really just for personal protection, also important, the usefulness of it varies widely by situation.

hunter63
02-17-2015, 12:33 AM
There are many people that have learned to build, shoot, and maintain muzzleloader rifles and smooth bores.
adding one to you small collection is a good thing

Like anything else, it is a learned skill that required time, effort and money.

.62 caliber French Fusil...shoots .62 cal round balls and 20 ga shot loads.
Being a flint lock, doesn't require caps or primers for making boom.

BP can be home made and lead is available with a some scrounging skills.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/hunter63/Rondy/DSCF1136.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/hunter63/media/Rondy/DSCF1136.jpg.html)

I sure that this will be firing long after the ammo runs out on the black rifles.........

rebel
02-17-2015, 12:56 AM
To the op, I don't know what you are envisioning. Historically, I'd take a BP over a stick most of the time.

Rick
02-17-2015, 07:00 AM
Northern aggressors? Yellow bellied Yankees? Hmmpf. Sounds like sour apples to me. You lost and now you're grumpy. Lee had his chance but ole Jeb was AWOL so Lee got his hat handed to him. By the way, Kyrat, Kaintuck was a Yankee state. Now you're gonna claim you're with Turney's 1st Tennessee ain't ya?

randyt
02-17-2015, 07:14 AM
the truth is Lee didn't surrender. When he walked in to that courthouse that fateful day he bumped into Grant and thought he was a aide. So he handed him his sword to have it cleaned. Later he realized his mistake and being the gentleman he was and knowing the war went on to long as it was, he claimed it was a surrender. Common knowledge LOL.

Zack
02-17-2015, 08:11 AM
I'm no expert either. My ideas are all hypothetical. But, personally, a muzzleloader would probably be one of my last choices. Depends on the situation, if you're hoping to remain undetected, well that rules out pretty much all firearms unless you have or can make a reliable suppressor. Bow/crossbow would be ideal for hunting in that situation. If you had to fight other humans (who have guns) you'd probably be better off with a bow than a single shot muzzleloader. If you're just talking about longterm survival, and the issue of ammunition, you're still going to have to have a steady supply of gunpowder, and even if you have the metal, you'll have to learn how to shape and mold it into the appropriate proportions, if this is your only means of ammunition. This could be difficult, impossible (depending on your equipment) and dangerous. If it comes down to raiding for supplies, do you think you'll be more likely to find raw gunpowder and/or bullets to fit your muzzleloader, or ready-to-fire easily recognizable rifle rounds? One last thing to consider is if you're hunting, what if you miss or don't get a vital hit? When it comes to putting food on the proverbial table, being able to make a quick second chance shot could be vital. That's just my personal thoughts on it.

Like you say, I wouldn't want a muzzleloader to be my only self-reliance gun, but I think it would make a solid choice. It's arguably easier to operate than some modern guns, certainly powerful enough to take game, and can be operated with easy to acquire, easily manufactured components, if that's what it comes down to...

For hunting and utility purposes, I think that a muzzleloader, 12 gauge pump, .22 bolt action, and .357 revolver are all nice choices. But here in Delaware, I can hunt with a muzzleloader easier than with anything else. The season is longer, there are less laws, and other things make it better than any other firearm. I can't hunt with a rifle, so a muzzleloader is a solid option for medium and maybe even large size game. To sum up my thinking, I don't think that a muzzleloader is perfect, but I do thin that it's a solid option for self-reliance/grid-down living.

Zack
02-17-2015, 08:15 AM
:smartass:
the truth is Lee didn't surrender. When he walked in to that courthouse that fateful day he bumped into Grant and thought he was a aide. So he handed him his sword to have it cleaned. Later he realized his mistake and being the gentleman he was and knowing the war went on to long as it was, he claimed it was a surrender. Common knowledge LOL.

Sounds like a good topic for the "Civil War Buffs?" thread I started last night... :smartass:

Rick
02-17-2015, 09:24 AM
the truth is Lee didn't surrender.

Bah. Humbug. Lee should have accepted command of the Union Army when he had the chance.

Zack
02-17-2015, 12:07 PM
The wildlife (at least the big game) is similar here in Arkansas. I think my most important gun (at least equally as important as a high powered hunting rifle, yet to be purchased) is my .410/.22 combo. I'm much more likely to feed myself with squirrels, rabbits, even birds than deer, just because they're so much more plentiful, which makes the gun more useful to me. I also have a handgun I'd probably have on me in this type of situation but that is really just for personal protection, also important, the usefulness of it varies widely by situation.

Hmm... I think that for me, in my area, taking deer is a much more effective means of hunting. I have a lot of squirrels, some rabbits, and a large population of waterfowl. I don't know where you are in Arkansas, but I know that parts of the state could be considered "the duck hunting capitol of the world". Here on the Eastern Shore, ducks and geese are some of the largest wildlife populations in the region. But right near my house, I have a field that is a stone's throw away, where it's common to see 15-20 deer everyday. With the access to deer, I'd probably go hunting for them before I went out to the duck blind. But to each his own!

Grizz123
02-17-2015, 01:29 PM

9/11/01 - do you have any idea what happened on that day? 19 radical islamists attacked this great Country and killed close to 3,000 Americans. They dont need nukes or even armies, all they need is a few crazies to disrupt our way of life.

Currently there are investigations in 49 states regarding active ISIS (or other radical islamists groups) who are planning some sort of action against this Country

In their minds (radical islamist), they are fighting in WWIII and their goal is to convert or kill every non-muslim, and even kill muslims who do not subscribe to their radical views. They are killing people all over the world, beheading them, burying kids alive because they were Christians and refused to convert and countless other acts of violence.

The third world war is not one country against another country as much as it is sane people against radical islamist way of thinking. Sadly they dont have the ability to live and let live because in their way of thinking, a "good" muslim must convert or kill everyone until there is only one religion on the planet.