PDA

View Full Version : camping out back

hayshaker
01-30-2015, 11:28 PM
since i can,t wait for spring or summer i,ve decided to do a little camping out in the grove on the back side of the property
the weather has been fine and best part no snow on the ground. so i dug me a dakota fire hole. i left the tent up this year
normally i take it down in early winter. its reall been fun with me and the dog. cook lurp rations make coffee and just relax.
if anyone has property to this it,s like a little getaway. if you got youngins could be a good time to teach the some of
the basics of bushcrafting.and about thier bob,s as well,fire saftey in the woods and so forth.let them try out there
freeze dry and what not just some thoughts id throw out there.

Zack
01-31-2015, 02:13 AM
since i can,t wait for spring or summer i,ve decided to do a little camping out in the grove on the back side of the property
the weather has been fine and best part no snow on the ground. so i dug me a dakota fire hole. i left the tent up this year
normally i take it down in early winter. its reall been fun with me and the dog. cook lurp rations make coffee and just relax.
if anyone has property to this it,s like a little getaway. if you got youngins could be a good time to teach the some of
the basics of bushcrafting.and about thier bob,s as well,fire saftey in the woods and so forth.let them try out there
freeze dry and what not just some thoughts id throw out there.

Sounds like you had a good time!

MrFixIt
01-31-2015, 08:57 AM
I've been eyeballing a spot out behind the barn for just this reason.
Although I have plenty of places to go, this spot would be great for practicing different tarp set ups, testing gear and getting my 4 year old grand daughter out. If the weather were to turn bad, all I would have to do is go in the house!
Your post makes me really want to go and set up my "out back" camp!
Thanks Mikey!

hunter63
01-31-2015, 11:38 AM
Had to kinda laugh........remembering neighbors reactions over the years.
Way to go....everyone should do this if possible.....

I'm big on trying out gear in the yard.....but at the "city house".

Set my Tipi up, dug a fire pit and was cooking steaks and the police showed up.....LOL
More to see if the 911 call was for real...or a hoax.

Kinda hung around for a while started to get me so crap for having a open fire.....but reminded them of all the grills in the neighbor hood.

By evening we were having a party in it with the neighbors.........

Having a spot in the country, to try stuff out would be a good thing.

natertot
01-31-2015, 01:27 PM
That is funny Hunter. On more than one occasion I have caught the attention of the community Nazis. They are what everyone else refers to as the HOA. I just keep pointing out that there is nothing in the bylaws so they can shove it.

Gotta test out the gear!

hayshaker
01-31-2015, 02:53 PM
for 5yrs now weve been doing this i set the whole camp up in the spring and leave it till early winter
this year i left it up thru winter. sometimes the weather turns sour and the wife says let,s go to the house.
that,s nice not like being at say the state or county park 15 to 30 miles away. you just walk a hundred yds
and your home. fried checken and coleslaw some red beans and rice sound nice now. gotta check
the weather wife don,t do the cold well.