PDA

View Full Version : Feel Like Crap

kyratshooter
01-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Not exactly bushcraft holistic mumbo jumbo, more on the modern line. Doing a preventive medical move.

I went to the MD to get my heart meds updated yesterday. The Doc asked what I was up too, noting the outdoor activities I had listed as hobby fare. I told him I was also constantly engaged in projects around the house.

He asked when I had my last tetanus booster?

Since I could not remember, and really felt I needed one, the result was a poke in the arm with a pointy needle.

Two pokes actually since I got a Pneumonia shot too.

I woke at 5 am in pretty heavy discomfort from a very sore arm and I have felt like crud all day.

On the up side I did manage to wrangle a 6 month heart med script out of him, and I now finally have a year supply, and a 6 month cushion, of the mandatory meds that keep me alive and kicking day to day. (blood pressure control).

I have been working on accumulating that goal for the past 10 years and it has finally been accomplished between three doctors and four pharmacies.

Nothing I take is legally controlled, they just keep everyone on a short leash so they can insure an office visit fee every 3 months! Guaranteed income.

Rick
01-14-2015, 05:03 PM
The tetanus is a tough one. It's be sore for 3 days. The blasted scripts are more controlled by insurance than the doctor. If it were the other way around we'd be able to get longer ones.

1stimestar
01-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Whenever getting a shot, go home and work that muscle to get those chemicals spread out. That's why in the military when you have to get all those shots, they make you do push ups afterwards.

hunter63
01-14-2015, 07:15 PM
Whenever getting a shot, go home and work that muscle to get those chemicals spread out. That's why in the military when you have to get all those shots, they make you do push ups afterwards.

Yeah....right ...work out.....LOL......Push ups....You are correct....but...them guys/gals are in their teens.
Old guys/gals.....goes home a go and says...."Oh Crap, that hurts"....and wait for it to go away.

Hate tetanus shots....they do hurt.

natertot
01-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Sorry for the sad news there KyRat. I am glad to hear that it is all preventative. I would much rather deal with a few pokes followed by a sore arm for a few days than what happens if you don't get the vaccines. Congrats on the script accumulation. I do agree that it is more of the insurance than the docs that hold up that goal. Docs may make money, but insurance has to hold on to it and they are tight fisted to say the least.

All in all, glad you are doing okay.