PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Tanto blades?

Arkansas_Ranger
04-20-2008, 11:46 PM
Ok, well the question was obvious. Does anyone use or like tanto bladed knives? They look neat and seem functional. Have wanted one for years. Suggestions?

Alpine_Sapper
04-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Ok, well the question was obvious. Does anyone use or like tanto bladed knives? They look neat and seem functional. Have wanted one for years. Suggestions?

That's pretty much all I use. Not that I have any real reason for it, or aversion to other styles of blades, it just seems that when I'm shopping for a knife the ones that "call to me" are always tanto style. Even the folder I carry is a westernized tanto.

M16-14 - http://www.crkt.com/m16alumn.html

Arkansas_Ranger
04-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Nice choice.

h8mtv
04-21-2008, 06:54 PM
I gave a friend of mine a CS Recon Tanto before he set off to the sandbox. It came back looking like it had been to hell but was 100% functional. It was used to pry open doors, crates, widows, etc. Never broke or chipped.

dilligaf2u2
04-22-2008, 12:07 PM
When I was active arny I carried one. Now that I have to walk around in public, I carry a Mora clipper. It looks less defensive and more woodsy.

Don

trax
04-22-2008, 12:12 PM
I gave a friend of mine a CS Recon Tanto before he set off to the sandbox. It came back looking like it had been to hell but was 100% functional. It was used to pry open doors, crates, widows, etc. Never broke or chipped.

Prying open widows, man that really is nasty. What does one find when prying them open?

Tahyo
04-22-2008, 12:50 PM
I have a Ka-Bar short fixed tanto. To be honest it hasn't been used much, but on the other hand my regular old Ka-Bar that I've had forever has been through a lot. It's a lot heavier and even so my old one would be my choice between the two in a pinch only because I'm use to it.
Like a lot of you, I have no shortage of knives. I usually carry 3 when I'm out in the woods. My old Ka-Bar, my cheap Mora and my 3 bladed Old Timer pocket knife that I've had since I was 16 years old. The main blade has been replaced twice on that one from years of sharpening.

Haven't had a chance to use my new Roselli Hunter yet.

crashdive123
04-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Prying open widows, man that really is nasty. What does one find when prying them open?

Over in the big sandbox...often trip wires, ied's, ya know...fun stuff.

h8mtv
04-22-2008, 04:52 PM

He is DEA, spends alot of time in Afghanistan. Use your imagination.