PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best plants?

flamekab
04-20-2008, 05:39 PM
I was thinking honey sucle. I want to have plants that I can plant out in my yard (live in the middle of no where on 5 acres), I want to be able to walk outside grab some plants (may have to cook) and just go and get comfy with a friend. Any plant suggestions?

crashdive123
04-20-2008, 05:46 PM
flamekab - I'm sure there will be plenty of people offering up advice for you. In the meantime why don't you head over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself. You can find it here http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Rick
04-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Honeysuckle is a terribly invasive plant and they are extremely hard to get rid of once they get a foot hold. While there are a lot of uses for honeysuckle, there are better plants that require less maintenance, IMHO.

canid
04-22-2008, 01:01 AM
and by maintnance, he means a machete and a power tiller.

Rick
04-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Nice follow up, Canid. He isn't over exaggerating either. The best way to get rid of them is to burn them down to the root SEVERAL times over a period of weeks until the roots have no reserve energy stored in them. Then, maybe, they will die.

crashdive123
04-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Even then it's iffy. I've got quite a bit of honey suckle and jasmin growing. I love it, but it is a chore to keep it under control.