PDA

View Full Version : on posting shtf topics will it get one banned?

hayshaker
11-07-2014, 11:06 AM
before i get banned for posting nothing more than my views on shtf or articles pertaining to
incidents that could effect the lives or wellbieing of fourm members just what is too much?
concidering the times we live in today i feel it not wise at all to bury ones head in the sand
reality bites for sure. and better the devil you know just saying so what is too much to say on
these matters. could someone tell me?

Rick
11-07-2014, 11:48 AM
It's pretty easy. You can't discuss politics (except in the political forum) or religion. You can't bash a group or post hate mail, flame a member and you can't try to advertise on the site by posting links to a site you have an interest in or post anything illegal. That's about it. If you've looked at past posts you'll see there have been some pretty weird SHTF conversations. Truly weird. Weird to the point that only the poster believed it. Yet they didn't get banned.

It's always nice to post supporting documentation. For example, if you think Zombies will rule the earth then some objective documentation that supports that theory is always nice. ZombiesRule.whatever is not an objective source but the CDC might be.

kyratshooter
11-07-2014, 12:05 PM
The thing about the members here, is that if one posts some of the absurd crap that is the base of many "survivalist" forums you will be ridiculed to death!

If one is into the SHTF/EOTWAWKI syndrome there are a host of forums one can go to where that is accepted, expected and promoted.

Fewer now than in the past. Most of there membership found the world of video games where reality is totally suspended, at least until mom yells down the basement stairs that supper is ready.

As we have often stated here, we are more into bushcrafting and homestead sustainability along with realistic preparations for urban and suburban dwellers to fend off real life situations until order is restored.

crashdive123
11-07-2014, 02:00 PM
You should not fear being banned for posting your thoughts as long as you follow the forum guidelines that Rick mentioned. There have been a handful of people that have been banned, not for posting their views on a topic, but rather their retaliation toward other members when their points of view were not agreed with and pretty much proven false or unsubstantiated.

If you can handle the heat, then by all means stay in the kitchen and have at it. Just keep in mind that some might not share your point of view and are not bashful about letting you know.

canid
11-07-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm still waiting for the zombie day of reckoning and I haven't been banned. It's more about being polite and following the forum rules, which are rather simple.

hunter63
11-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Lots of good suggestion can come from those discussions...but then again a lot of weirdness as well.

So when I need to go get my tinfoil hat...I usually bail....
I said it before....But do believe I will run out of meds before food or ammo...so don't work about a SHTF unless it's local and effects me now......

hayshaker
11-07-2014, 05:20 PM
i get the drift of the fourm pretty much as a whole that said i,ll keep my thoughts to my self best i can
and i guess i,ll leave it at that, thank you.

hunter63
11-07-2014, 05:41 PM
There are plenty of places to get into that stuff....we come here like one would head out into the woods....to get away for stuff like that.
At least I do.

crashdive123
11-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Yep..................

But for realistic disaster planning - this is a good place to plan and discuss.

wilderness medic
11-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Alright!

So how do we prepare for when Ted Gunderson rises from the grave as a zombie along with an army of trafficked souls and leads us all to hop in UFOs and spread chemtrails on the government that faked 9/11 because of the neo nazi alligators that live in the sewers had vested interest with the illuminati in peanut butter?

crashdive123
11-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Alright!

So how do we prepare for when Ted Gunderson rises from the grave as a zombie along with an army of trafficked souls and leads us all to hop in UFOs and spread chemtrails on the government that faked 9/11 because of the neo nazi alligators that live in the sewers had vested interest with the illuminati in peanut butter?

Set up the lawn chairs with a cooler of brewskis.

hunter63
11-07-2014, 07:24 PM

.....and wake up Leroy....he ain't seen a TEOTWAWKI that big before....keep hearing about them....actually got all excited when Dec 21 came around here a couple of years ago........................THEN NOTHING HAPPENED.
He got really depressed,....food prepped was getting out of date.....boss was calling wanting to know why he wasn't at work.....cops say you can't shoot the neighbors......He was BUMMED.

OK chair and cooler set up............... carry on.

wilderness medic
11-07-2014, 07:30 PM
...cops say you can't shoot the neighbors......He was BUMMED.

Aww, we weren't WROL? Poor guy...
:clap::clap:

LowKey
11-07-2014, 08:38 PM
You mean like this Rick?
http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/

Yep, really the CDC. It started as a joke a few years ago and now it actually helps their campaign to get people prepared.

Winnie
11-08-2014, 04:27 AM

All this healthy livin' has gone to your head, but never fear, I'll bring the Bacon sammich's and Danish(the pastry not the people)

Rick
11-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Actually, I had that very subject in mind when I said MIGHT be.

crashdive123
11-08-2014, 08:20 AM
I caught the "might be" and knew you remembered the CDC's marketing campaign.

Tokwan
11-08-2014, 09:56 AM
if its about Rick..you will be applaused!

hunter63
11-08-2014, 12:47 PM
You mean like this Rick?
http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/

Yep, really the CDC. It started as a joke a few years ago and now it actually helps their campaign to get people prepared.

Nothing like having the general media do your marketing for you.......LOL.
Good point....just plug in your own version of Zombiealienbikermethheadterriost....and in the south, yankeehippyfreak.

Desert Rat!
11-10-2014, 09:53 PM
I see Zombies on the T.V. all the time, I don't like the fast Zombies!:eek:

1stimestar
11-10-2014, 10:32 PM
All this healthy livin' has gone to your head, but never fear, I'll bring the Bacon sammich's and Danish(the pastry not the people)

Winnie for President of the new world order!

Lamewolf
11-11-2014, 01:10 PM
And here I thought "shtf" and "EOTWAWKI" had already happened ! I came from the day when an 8 track player was a great luxury in your car, and we actually paid attention to driving cause there were no cell phones to text on. Math equations were solved with paper and pencil cause there were no computers. We played games like marbles, sandlot football, mumbly peg etc all outdoors cause there were no video games to play. We drank sodas, colas, and lemonade cause there were no energy drinks. We smoked cigarettes with real tobacco in them cause there were no vapor contraptions. We watched snowy picture TV because there was no cable service, or digital satelite service - just an old bent up antenna on the roof. We listened to AM/FM radios that fit in our shirt pocket cause there were no smartphones to download music on. ANd we actually mailed letters with postage stamps on them cause there was no such thing as email ! GET THE PICTURE ?:cool:

crashdive123
11-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ---- as do a great many of our members.

Rick
11-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Yeah, me and Methuselah were talking about the good old days just the other night. You know how those kids like to reminisce.

TXyakr
11-11-2014, 04:04 PM
IMO predicting SHTF is extremely inaccurate, but making general preparations is wise. Also there is a lot of grey area in what are political and religious violations of this forum's TOS and what is vagrant disregard of avoiding these topics. For examples both major political parties voted to spent somewhere between $1-4 Trillion on Home Land Security since 9/11 with most of us were in agreement with much of it. Was this what the religious extremists from our allies in Saudi Arabia and Egypt actually intended? To cause economic collapse, increase power grid failures and the need for us to rely more on basic bushcraft skills etc. Who knows, I'm just throwing out silly ideas. We think we are bombing them into the stone age, they think they are bankrupting us into the stone age. Who is more accurate? Now if this rather outlandish comment was overly political or religious then let me know and I will remove it or a moderator can just delete it immediately. I apologize. Personally I believe the West (N.A and Europe etc) is far from bankrupt and will prevail, we just need to use some common sense. But by all means, be prepared for worst case as well.

Lamewolf
11-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Yeah, me and Methuselah were talking about the good old days just the other night. You know how those kids like to reminisce.

ROTFLMAO !:clap:

BENESSE
11-11-2014, 11:15 PM
IMO predicting SHTF is extremely inaccurate, but making general preparations is wise. Also there is a lot of grey area in what are political and religious violations of this forum's TOS and what is vagrant disregard of avoiding these topics. For examples both major political parties voted to spent somewhere between $1-4 Trillion on Home Land Security since 9/11 with most of us were in agreement with much of it. Was this what the religious extremists from our allies in Saudi Arabia and Egypt actually intended? To cause economic collapse, increase power grid failures and the need for us to rely more on basic bushcraft skills etc. Who knows, I'm just throwing out silly ideas. We think we are bombing them into the stone age, they think they are bankrupting us into the stone age. Who is more accurate?

Well, they are not far from the stone age as it is. Us bombing them back to it will hardly cause them to boil their water, use generators for power or stock freeze dried Mountain House. However, they can f us up (pardon my French) much worse...if not back to stone age then for sure pre Micky D's and that would be a catastrophe for most of our population. We be spoiled and it don't take much to get us into a ditch.

Rick
11-12-2014, 03:24 AM
The British didn't get it done in the 19th century, and Russia didn't get it done in the 20th century. What made us think we could do it now? Remember history lest you find yourself repeating it.

Awanita
11-12-2014, 09:52 AM
You have got to be kidding me. LOL.:scared:

Awanita
11-12-2014, 09:53 AM
"Set up the lawn chairs with a cooler of brewskis."

Count me in I am there I get the next round.:drunk: