PDA

View Full Version : PETA Using Drones to Spy on Hunters.

Rick
09-30-2014, 07:49 AM
Be aware and know your laws.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/09/24/peta-drones/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2014-09-30&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

As in the article, Indiana has a law preventing harassment. If your state has such a law and you are in this situation just call and have them arrested.

Indiana:

Harassment of Hunters, Trappers
It is illegal to intentionally interfere with the legal taking of a game animal by another person on public land, or on private land without permission of the landowner.

Winnie
09-30-2014, 08:56 AM
They haven't thought it through have they. Do you need a licence for drone hunting?:whistling:

Grizz123
09-30-2014, 10:03 AM
They haven't thought it through have they. Do you need a licence for drone hunting?:whistling:

No license required in PA.

http://www.suasnews.com/2012/11/19719/activists-drone-shot-out-of-the-sky-for-fourth-time/

Winnie
09-30-2014, 10:26 AM
I wonder how many points shooting one down would be worth?:laugh:

hunter63
09-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Wisconsin has these laws as well...
https://www.animallaw.info/statute/wi-hunting-29083-interference-hunting-fishing-or-trapping

Hunting/fishing/trapping harassment has actually brought up in the hunter safety course we attended.
Point the warden made and example given regarding people harassing are not to be confronted if you have a weapon......as you can charged.....their goal.

MrFixIt
09-30-2014, 03:13 PM
"Hay hunter, get out of that tree and leave those poor innocent animals alone!!"

KA-POW!

:)

kyratshooter
09-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Wisconsin has these laws as well...
https://www.animallaw.info/statute/wi-hunting-29083-interference-hunting-fishing-or-trapping

Hunting/fishing/trapping harassment has actually brought up in the hunter safety course we attended.
Point the warden made and example given regarding people harassing are not to be confronted if you have a weapon......as you can charged.....their goal.

Yes, but if you pack up and move away to avoid them that is also their goal!

That is the harassment, it succeeded and you cooperated in their efforts. My time of volunteering to be the victim of a criminal activity I can stop has passed.

And by the rational of confrontation all they have to do is spot someone with a gun (it's hunting season every one has a gun) and claim assault.

It makes carrying a cell phone on a hunt a real benefit. You can call, take pictures of the criminals and hold them under citizen's arrest until the authorities arrive.

Wonder what they would do if they discovered they were running through the woods providing the service of game drivers like in days of old?

Beaters, they were called.

Some of my best deer were shots I took when some dufus was plodding through the woods with his nose on the ground pushing deer ahead of him.

At any rate, the drone is going down. I thought it was a pheasant.

We could also take counter measures if packing up and moving along, like cruising the back roads looking for Subarus and Prius or anything with a "save the whales" or "Hillary in '16" bumper sticker parked on the roadside and ,,,,,woops I can't say that it might be promoting a "criminal activity",,,sorry.

Rick
09-30-2014, 04:57 PM
I wonder if it would be legal to buy one of those and equip it with a .45. Air to air missile so to speak.

hunter63
09-30-2014, 05:08 PM
On the lighter side an state official's wife was jailed, for trespass and harassment on private property a few years back.....giving hunters a bad time......
She thought the strip search and mug shots were too much....Sherriff thought different.....Made the papers....

Graf
09-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Our gooberment has nothing better to do than sell us licenses, then spy on us, they need to get their own house in order, it would be funny to turn the tables and send drones to watch them. We all would probably agree they have more to hide then "we the people" do.

Desert Rat!
09-30-2014, 10:04 PM
You make a fine target pilgrim.:tank:

Rick
10-01-2014, 06:33 AM
Actually, that's not the government doing the spying...well, yeah, they do but not in this instance. :wacko:

tundrabadger
10-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Now, PETA is going to encourage this sort of thing until they think hunters might be useful to them for some reason....then it's going to be all peaches and daisies. Case in point, since supporting indigenous rights is politically expedient these days, they make a GREAT show of supporting the inuit seal hunt, but it wasn't long ago they were asking the Iqaluit city council to fly flags at half mast in mourning over the annual seal hunt, or perverting the Inuksuk symbol they used for the vancouver olympics to look like somebody clubbing a seal.

PETA deserves every ounce of scorn you can drip on them.

MrFixIt
10-03-2014, 11:15 AM
PETA deserves every ounce of scorn you can drip on them.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals...wonder where they went wrong?
You could swat a fly in their presence and be branded a horrible killer, worthy of a lengthy prison stay.
I can certainly understand needless wanton, unwarranted wholesale destruction of animals/insects, but *insert curse word*, they tend to go overboard.

tundrabadger
10-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Well, that's the thing. They seem to think EVERYTHING is the needless, wanton, unwarranted wholesale destruction of animals. Milking a cow is equivalent to shooting a panda and using it's carcass like a pinata.

WolfVanZandt
10-03-2014, 02:01 PM
"People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals"

I....I'm sorry.....I'm so embarrassed......

I thought it was PITA......."Pain In The......" ......well, you know.

hunter63
10-03-2014, 02:27 PM
"People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals"

I....I'm sorry.....I'm so embarrassed......

I thought it was PITA......."Pain In The......" ......well, you know.

No ship?.....I though so too....

Rick
10-03-2014, 03:52 PM
You silly's. It's People Eating Tasty Animals.

hunter63
10-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Now that you mention it....I believe you are correct.......Yeah, that's the ticket.

natertot
10-03-2014, 04:56 PM
You silly's. It's People Eating Tasty Animals.

Can you pass the gravy? :laugh:

MrFixIt
10-06-2014, 07:19 AM
Can you pass the gravy? :laugh:
And the biscuits...

finallyME
10-06-2014, 09:23 AM
You could swat a fly in their presence and be branded a horrible killer, worthy of a lengthy prison stay.
I can certainly understand needless wanton, unwarranted wholesale destruction of animals/insects, but *insert curse word*, they tend to go overboard.

Not only that, but they do it unethically. I call them UPETA, Unethical People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. They break laws, destroy property, endanger human lives, and even do many of the stuff that they are protesting against (like euthanizing animals, and using animal products to improve their health)......I am going to stop now, my blood pressure is rising.

crashdive123
10-06-2014, 12:01 PM

If I answer that question I'll have to move the thread to the political section. Just on a quick lunch break - maybe later.

WolfVanZandt
10-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Do you have a "psychological section?" I think they would be much better put there.

Rick
10-06-2014, 04:43 PM
We probably want to avoid that. Most of us would wind up there.

DaddyOh
10-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Sounds like skeet shooting to me. Not like they can fingerprint buckshot. Just be sure to yall PULL before you blast the drone. Then have em arrested for interfering with a legal hunt.

What bugs me about PETA is they never have a plan to deal with over population issues. They have this insane fervor to simply allow their numbers to grow uninhibited without restraint. Most PETA members i have met were haters; but EEOC haters that simply hate all humans, regardless of race, creed, color, or national origin. They just hate people.

ClayPick
10-07-2014, 07:15 AM
When I think about all the folks that sit on a pile of apples instead of hunting I get to wondering when someone is going to get busted for using a drone for spotting and herding deer. Either way it would be fun to shoot one. LOL!