PDA

View Full Version : Your worst environment

owl_girl
07-18-2007, 08:40 PM
What survival environment are you least adapted to, what would be the hardest for you to survive.

My Worst environment would probably be the desert or the middle of the ocean. The desert because I have a hard time going without water, I have a cup of water that I keep full in the kitchen, and I take a sip of every time I walk past it. The middle of the ocean or grate lake because I don’t retain body heat well, though I can holed my breath 1 minute under water and 2 on land and I swim ok and all, I think id get hypothermia.

ATough
07-18-2007, 08:44 PM
probably the desert for me, I get burned easily and I dont sweat very well.

Sarge47
07-18-2007, 09:13 PM
A freakin' Disco! ;>)

ATough
07-18-2007, 09:15 PM
discos rock. LOL, J/K

FVR
07-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Def. would have to be lost at sea. The desert would be hard, depending on what kind of desert.

Unlike Baer, not gonna pee on my t shirt and wrap it around my head. Yuk.

wareagle69
07-24-2007, 05:00 PM
for me it would have to be the ocean i know nothing about it so i will not be taking any cruises soon

trax
07-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Yep, definitely have to agree on the ocean. There's exposure, lack of fresh water, and the basic arithmetic...1000 pound shark goes over 200 pound trax, 1 time, nothing left over, lol

spiritman
07-24-2007, 10:59 PM
I like deserts.... and desserts! I am surrounded by deserts on three sides. The ocean would be the hardest thing for me to deal with mentally. because there is (in my mind) VERY little I can actually DO. Anywhere else and I can use skills I have learned that you just don't have the option for in the ocean. Fire and shelter making for example.

Sarge47
07-24-2007, 11:06 PM
I like deserts.... and desserts! I am surrounded by deserts on three sides. The ocean would be the hardest thing for me to deal with mentally. because there is (in my mind) VERY little I can actually DO. Anywhere else and I can use skills I have learned that you just don't have the option for in the ocean. Fire and shelter making for example.

My kid brother has summited both Mt. Fuji in Japan & Mt. Killimanjaro in S. Africa. Now he's setting his sights on Mt. Angoquanda(?) in Argentina. I've got a motto, if trees don't grow, Homey don't go! Trees require oxegen to grow. Just like the ocean you can't light a fire and other than a rock overhang, cave, (if your lucky) or a snow cave, forget about a shelter.

spiritman
07-24-2007, 11:12 PM
if trees don't grow, Homey don't go!

I like that motto, I definitely feel more comfortable in a mixed forest environment than anywhere else, the trees are very reassuring for some reason.

donny h
07-24-2007, 11:32 PM
I've spent a lot of time in the Mojave desert, I know how to deal with 115 degrees in the southwest, and after moving to Utah some years ago I have adjusted to cold winters, I think I have the skillset to survive the cold, but what just kills me is high humidity.

I don't know how you folks in the southeast do it, I suspect my worst environment are 95/95 days, 95 degree air temp with 95% humidity, when it's muggy like that I have zero energy and can't sleep at all. Go out and survive? Dude, I'm not even getting off the couch.:p

wareagle69
07-25-2007, 05:32 PM
doony h i agree with you. I used to live in arizona both phx and flagg, miss az dearly my first winter in ontario kicked me arse, but im getting used to it, athe humidity sucks much rather have 115 f than this crap

nell67
07-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Yep, definitely have to agree on the ocean. There's exposure, lack of fresh water, and the basic arithmetic...1000 pound shark goes over 200 pound trax, 1 time, nothing left over, lol

HA HA!! I totally agree with you LOL I cannot swim,so I dont do cruises,cant fly either,so airplanes are out too.

nell67
07-25-2007, 05:44 PM
doony h i agree with you. I used to live in arizona both phx and flagg, miss az dearly my first winter in ontario kicked me arse, but im getting used to it, athe humidity sucks much rather have 115 f than this crap

I dont think anyone can get used to humidity,I have lived in southern Indiana all my life,and still to this day dont feel like doing much of anything when its hot and numid,heat I can take humidity requires an effort LOL!

Texan
07-31-2007, 12:50 AM
I think the Ocean would definatly be the most difficult enviroment because there is very little that you can do to actually help yourself to get rescued. I would imagine that I would just sit in a raft and drift wherever the current took me and hope that someone would find me."" IF I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE A RAFT THAT IS"" I would definatly be better off in the East Texas Piney Woods or the West Texas Brush country.