PDA

View Full Version : I'd really like to put a lid on it

natertot
09-23-2014, 10:34 PM
I have been to Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace Hardware and a few other similar stores. They all carry the 2 gal plastic paint buckets. They are just like the typical 5 gal buckets, just a smaller 2 gal size. I wanted to pick up a few to put a salt/sand mix in them for the trunks of our cars for the winter. The problem is that all these locations carry the buckets, but no one carries the lids for them. The guy at Lowe's said that the store only had so much space in they can't carry everything. I asked him if that was the case, how did they find the shelf space to place the buckets themselves in four different locations throughout the paint department. He thought about it for a second and said "Good point". They can't even order the things.

Anyways, I guess I will have to order some..... I wonder what that will cost me!

Winnie
09-24-2014, 03:11 AM
Go to the store and ask them to order some in for you. Over here, there's no charge.
Or you could order online and collect instore, again there is no charge for that service over here.

Rick
09-24-2014, 04:05 AM
Home Depot offers them. They should be able to order them for you. Scroll down and you'll see the lid on the left. Or do a free store pickup.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leaktite-2-gal-Bucket-2GL-WHITE-PAIL/202264039

Graf
09-24-2014, 04:55 AM
I also got them from Home Depot

hayshaker
09-24-2014, 07:57 AM
graf, if you dont mind 3gal pails go to walmart in the bread/pastry dept and ask for some of the
empty pastry buckets w-lids there about a buck each. also try the same dept in some of the local chain
grocery stores as well.

natertot
09-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Thanks Winnie. After looking at Ricks link, it looks like HD is the only ones that have them to be ordered. Not a bad deal either.

Thanks hayshaker. All the food buckets I've seen were the 4-5 gal sizes. I have to make a trip to the grocery later, so I will enquire while I am there.