PDA

View Full Version : Organic

BraggSurvivor
04-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Personally I think this organic stuff in the grocery store is number one over rated , and number two way to expensive. If I buy organic food, it's in the summer at the local Farmers Market where prices are reasonable.

Today a wise shopper can live on about a third of what a not so wise shopper lives on as far as groceries go. And that is with no change in quality. I have some thing pretty close to a photographic memory when it comes to numbers, so I know pretty much where to go for the lowest prices. I also buy a lot of things by the case and mostly when they are on sale. I also cook every thing from scratch, which in itself saves a ton of money .

Buying in bulk saves big money, for example blue cheese in the grocery store can cost between nine and twelve dollars a pound. Here I buy mine at a restaurant supply place in a five pound bag for fifteen dollars, or three dollars a pound . I freeze it along with many other cheese and it last a long time. I might add here that I have two freezers and an extra fridge in my basement. In one of the freezers, an upright, I usually have about one to two hundred prepared meals. I am a bit of a soup expert and always have at least eight or ten different soups in the freezer. When my kids friends come to visit they always take a bunch home with them.

Bottom line is this, what ever your spending your money on there's always a better way to do it .
Ma Bragg used to say a fool and his money are soon parted.